Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
aftermarket question regaurding radio...

i was just wondering if any1 knows or thinks it will be possible to change the color of the radio dials? they are red and my car is blue...nothing about my car will be red...i hate red!...im getting the blacked out tail light covers to cover that red, getting black or chrome SS/rs badges...and the only other thing thats red is the dam radio dial...how and could it be replaced?

also what about the speedometer and rpm dials? i just wanna eliminate all red in the car!...except the red line thats about it!
Old 04-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
It may be quite a while before you find a company that will do that but you may want to experiment with finding a blue translucent paint which will turn the color to a shade of purple?

Forget about changing the color of the gauge needles though.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
The gauges maybe with an overlay. The integrated head unit, nope. Unless you took it apart and changed the LED's. That's some serious soldiering skills. They are probably mini led's on a surface mount. It's a one and million job unless your an EE forget it.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #4
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Indeed. Thisd be a bitch of a job. Id do something like Hylton is saying. Bout the only thing you could do for now. Where you getting blacked out tail light covers anyway?

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #5
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
idk where im getting them yet...but they will turn up eventually...i see them all over the place on others cars...only a matter of time b4 they have them for a camaro...if they arent covers and they are a tint sheet of some sort then i mean that...idk i never blacked out my tail lights so i wouldnt know...

and about what hylton sed about the blue paint making the radio rings purple...thats not a bad idea...id rather purple then red!