Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
CamaroKid
Mr. Documentation

Drives: 1998 Mazda Protege SE
Hate Crime Destroys Camaro

I'm not sure what to say here, other than there are some screwed up people in this world.

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...12/07/25/44541
CamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
jdcvictory11
Sonja

Drives: '11 LT/RS, '95 Camaro Conv.
That is just really sad. Things like this never happen in Japan. One of the reasons I like living here.
jdcvictory11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
I was stationed in mainland Japan for 3 and a half years. That place is awesome. Everyone is so courteous and respectful. Hardly any crime. I'm going back as soon as I can.

This is a horrible thing to happen. I hope they catch the bastards who did this.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
thats horrible
Old 07-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #5
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
That is very sad & scary. I really hope the physical wounds will heal soon & the emotional damages will recieve the needed treatment & support so this young man can recover. And I hope he gets an even nicer Camaro to replace the one he lost. I guess I should be aware of how many warped, hateful & sick people there are in the world but I am still shocked at horror of the acts which they commit sometimes. Hopefully the prepetrators will be caught & recieve the punishment they deserve.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #6
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
what a bunch of asstwats. In my generation, we call assholes who pull this kind of crap the fags.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #7
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Very sorry to see this.

Car surveillance alarm system/camera $150, baseball bat $30, surprising vandals in progress of destroying your Camaro..….PRICELESS.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #8
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slut View Post
Not trying to be inappropriate but in my generation messing with gay people is common place. I know everywhere is different but honestly I can't say I'm surprised. It just seems all the hate built up quickly (2-3 years). Kinda hard to explain... I'm glad the guy wasn't severely injured and can continue being himself.
How old are you? I'm 20 right now, but maybe it also depends on location. I've never known anyone to be against gays like this, but I have known a few people to be intolerant. Most people I know are fine with gays.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:56 AM   #9
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
How old are you? I'm 20 right now, but maybe it also depends on location. I've never known anyone to be against gays like this, but I have known a few people to be intolerant. Most people I know are fine with gays.
oh it's a totally different world now. Back before you were born gays had to stay in hiding for the most part or they were tormented everywhere they went. If they were lucky they just got off with some name calling or roughed up a bit but it wasn't unusual at all to see homosexuals,especially men, getting badly beaten just for being,or even if someone thought you were,gay.

of course you have to understand that this was during a time when it was still acceptable to beat your kids (used to get whipped with my dads belt for C's on my report card) as a form of correction for bad behavior.

My grandfather still talks of a time back when he was in school of how if a girl would have shown up wearing shorts (unthinkable at the time) she would have been expelled on the spot.

Time changes everything, in another 20 years people wont even bat an eye at gay people.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:30 AM   #10
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Arson? Isn't that attempted murder. If he got those burns 20 ft away, what if he was in the car? He probably remote started it and it blew. Thank god for that feature, if so.

You do not have to approve of someone else's lifestyle, choices, or the way they conduct themselves in order to respect them as a person. There is only one true judge, and when we meet him someday, as we all will, only his judgement is just. is the word.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:27 AM   #11
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
This is so sad ! My hope all works out for the young man. I hope when the catch these vandals that they wipe their a$$ when they go to prison. Clearly a hate crime !!! I don't care whether your gay or what have you. No one should be treated in this type of manner.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #12
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
I think all Slut is trying to say - and I could be mistaken - is that growing up during a time when homosexuality was a social taboo, makes some of us a little less shocked at this kind of thing. Not to say we approve, mind you... it's just that we remember times when publicly degrading someone because they were gay was a common occurence. We're talking about name calling and (perhaps) a bit of physical taunting, but not blowing up their car. That's pretty over the top no matter what generation you're from.

Even though I totally am against open homosexuality, I'm glad he wasn't seriously hurt and would never condone violence as a means of speaking out against it.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #13
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
That is very sad & scary. I really hope the physical wounds will heal soon & the emotional damages will recieve the needed treatment & support so this young man can recover. And I hope he gets an even nicer Camaro to replace the one he lost. I guess I should be aware of how many warped, hateful & sick people there are in the world but I am still shocked at horror of the acts which they commit sometimes. Hopefully the prepetrators will be caught & recieve the punishment they deserve.
I agree well stated,
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #14
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Very sad. Why people do things like this I'll never know. It just makes no sense.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote