Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 05-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #7155
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFox1 View Post
lol, I appreciate it man, I don't need em tho. Stock DRLs are fine for now.

Tint I'll probably do in a month or so.

I'll look into the Fbody meet, My mother was (no really..) talking about renting a house at the beach though, and ya know when you're a kid you don't want to spend time with your parents, but I do now.. so if they're talking about that weekend.. not sure what I'm gonna do.

Just met the guys from tuscaloosa pickin up my LQ4. Nice guys! great to work with. Hope the motor serves them well!

It's funny they had some skipping in their truck, changed spark plugs and regapped em right in front of the house at 2 in the morning.

But anyway.. motor's gone.. but now I got a stack of cash and my savings are replenished. Time to start lookin into mods.
Well I can relate there. Over the past two semesters I have dreaded coming home sometimes, haha, but I'll be glad to be back for summer to work, surprisingly, haha.

Glad you got the LQ4 sold, and even better that it's going to a good home!

Now time to decide which you want to do first, cosmetics or performance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Yeah I am Chip. I'm back home now. I spent all Friday morning (1am-7am) in the ER cause I was worried I had something wrong with my bowels. My dads Colon ruptured 3 years ago with the same symptoms I had so I went to be safe. Anyways, when I got out at 7am I had my last exam at 8am.....and I can tell you that didn't go very well! Good luck on the rest of yours! I managed to pull a B in physics with a 25 on my first test in there...I was stoked!
Damn man, sounds rough! Glad you're alive and well now though, haha

Nice job on Physics, I'm dreading taking that in future semesters! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
And now I am off to the races. Southern Nationals. Spectating of course. May see some Pro Stock Camaros this event!
Have fun Chris! I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be a few 5th gen pro stock camaros out there, idk if they're at the Southern Nationals though.

Let us know how it went!
Old 05-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #7156
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
We can hear the SN's from the house in Jefferson! Now I am in Commerce about 6 or so miles away and it sounds like its in the backyard!
Old 05-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #7157
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Hi guys! Anyone ever heard of streetside classics? I am looking at a Chevelle online and it says the car is located in your fine city.

Is this place reputable or any horror stories?

http://www.streetsideclassics.com/sh...olet--Chevelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #7158
DarkFox1

Drives: 2012 2SS A6
Drive by that area all the time. Not the greatest part of town but there's a lot of warehouses.

The building I THINK it's in used to be an auto broker who went belly up. Since then it's been purchased by another company and I have seen a lot of seemingly nice cars outside, but I can't drop that kinda dough on anything.. so it's never been on my list to go in there.

I can tell you better next weekend, hafta drive by that area to get to I-20 from here.

Location aside, I've never heard of em, but again I don't have that kinda cash, so I wouldn't have been looking.

The car LOOKS mint. Are you worried it's a scam? The price is on par with frame off number correct 70 chevelles from what I've seen. (I'd love to have one..!)
DarkFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #7159
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Hi guys! Anyone ever heard of streetside classics? I am looking at a Chevelle online and it says the car is located in your fine city.

If it's a Chevelle you want there's a '69 SS 396 down here in statesboro. Some old fella traded it in for a new camaro. Supposed it's the original engines, trans, and even original paint. Interior and vinyl top were re-done. I think they were wanting around 30 grand but once they confirm the originality of the car, it's sure to go up in value.

I'll post a few pics in a second from my phone.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #7160
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

pics:

I also tried to hide myself in the new car section.... It didn't work.....

Old 05-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #7161
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post

Also, I'm sure one of us would be willing to run by and check it out for you. Pictures can tell a lot but not everything. I'd hazard to guess DarkFox1 knows plenty about what to look for in classics, he has a '50s Belair. I'm sure he'll know where to look for hidden rust, flaws, and cheap repairs (although it seems that Chevelle is free of those sort of problems, from the pictures).

I myself am restoring a '68 mustang and would gladly check it out for you if I wasn't several hundred miles away right now, haha.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #7162
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Well I got the no oil pressure warning today!😂 anyone here know how hard it is to replace????? Any help would be nice! And I knew I should've went with the melling pump when the cam was installed!!!!! SMH!!!! Kick my ass!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #7163
Brolik10
BLOWN!!!

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
Well I got the no oil pressure warning today!😂 anyone here know how hard it is to replace????? Any help would be nice! And I knew I should've went with the melling pump when the cam was installed!!!!! SMH!!!! Kick my ass!
You shut the car down immediately I hope???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #7164
Skidpuppy
ACE5

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
pics:

I also tried to hide myself in the new car section.... It didn't work.....

That thing is ef-in cherry. I almost bought a '71 455 H.O. Trans Am 10 years ago... Kicking myself for not doing it.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #7165
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidpuppy View Post
That thing is ef-in cherry. I almost bought a '71 455 H.O. Trans Am 10 years ago... Kicking myself for not doing it.
10 years ago that car probably woulda been a steal! Oh well, you can't catch 'em all!
Old 05-06-2012, 06:10 AM   #7166
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
Also, I'm sure one of us would be willing to run by and check it out for you. Pictures can tell a lot but not everything. I'd hazard to guess DarkFox1 knows plenty about what to look for in classics, he has a '50s Belair. I'm sure he'll know where to look for hidden rust, flaws, and cheap repairs (although it seems that Chevelle is free of those sort of problems, from the pictures).

I myself am restoring a '68 mustang and would gladly check it out for you if I wasn't several hundred miles away right now, haha.
I never thought of it, but if someone from the area wanted to take a look for Me, that would be great!! They have probably 50 classics in there, so it would be neat just to visit. If anyone goes, let me know what ya think of it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #7167
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Streetside classics is an amazing place just to go walk around
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #7168
1FOCUSS
ACE5.ORG (Atlanta Group)

Drives: 2011 RS Red Jewel
Who ever put a ace5 card on my Camaro at Conyers 16 yesterday.... Thanks! I've enjoyed the site so far and can't wait to participate in any events or meetings.
1FOCUSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlanta, club, diane is great., free josh, j.t. is awesome, mti locks not rocks your car, mti rocks, mti rocks your mom's house, yep yep