Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #15
motley1987

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
I think it's a false reading and not anything to do with actual overheating. Every time I get the message it's first thing in the morning after only doing a short drive the night before. It went off earlier this week when the temp was in the 30's. Like I said I saw the actual temp of the coolant on my scanguage and it was normal so I wasn't worried about driving it for a few days before going to the dealer which was no help anyway.
2011 IOM 1LT RS. K&N Typhoon CAI; Sequential taillights, SLP faded gill overlays, VMAX CNC ported TB, RX Ported IM, RX breather, 3/8" Black Ice-olator, OEM STB, 4 gauge pack, Alpine amp and sub, convertible spoiler, IOM painted rear diffuser, SS front and rear sways, SS front and rear struts and springs, Street Scene front splitter, IOM hideaway headlight covers, 5% window tint.
motley1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #16
416Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Before I took it to gm, I made a short video of the car while the fan is on, in the garage. It was running for about thirty minutes before I parked the car. It's winter up here cars a little dirty.
M6 MODS: OBX LT headers, Magnaflow Resonated Xpipe, MRT V2 Axle back, K&N intake, Trifecta Tune,Sidemarker & Tail Light Blackout, Black Vinyl Emblems, CCFL Angel Eye Projectors, 35% & 5% Tint, Plasti Dip Rocker Stripes/Gas Cap, Blacked Out Tail Light Bezels....More to come.
416Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #17
416Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by habunow1 View Post
Just happen to me, Coolant was low and had to refill some make sure you use the correct one. To fix the gauge disconnect the harness from the computer next to the fuse box for about 5 min the reconnect. This should get guages working again. If not take it to the dealer and have them look at the sensor. The car goes in to this mode if temp reaches a certain degree which is in a very small tolerance. Hope this help.
Will do if dealer hasn't figured it out
M6 MODS: OBX LT headers, Magnaflow Resonated Xpipe, MRT V2 Axle back, K&N intake, Trifecta Tune,Sidemarker & Tail Light Blackout, Black Vinyl Emblems, CCFL Angel Eye Projectors, 35% & 5% Tint, Plasti Dip Rocker Stripes/Gas Cap, Blacked Out Tail Light Bezels....More to come.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #18
motley1987

Let us know what they say. I'm sure I'll get the same message again.
2011 IOM 1LT RS. K&N Typhoon CAI; Sequential taillights, SLP faded gill overlays, VMAX CNC ported TB, RX Ported IM, RX breather, 3/8" Black Ice-olator, OEM STB, 4 gauge pack, Alpine amp and sub, convertible spoiler, IOM painted rear diffuser, SS front and rear sways, SS front and rear struts and springs, Street Scene front splitter, IOM hideaway headlight covers, 5% window tint.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #19
416Camaro

I got my car back today, the technician said there were about eleven codes that came up on their screen; he didnt tell me which ones before he cleared them. All the fluids were fine and not running low or anything. After clearing the codes the technician drove around for over twenty minutes highway/city to see if the light/message would turn back on. Meanwhile I was on the way with the OEM intake, He had asked me to bring it in. When I got to the dealership the car was running fine he just needed to clear the codes so the cooling fan stopped running and all the gauges were working again. There was no need to change the stock intake back. I was surprised. I took the car for an oil change used Castrol syntec left a quart out, and put a throwback blend for any car no matter how much mileage is on the car, duralube; so the car would stay cool. On my way home my CEL turned back on, but no a/c off due to engine temp message was displayed. Am convinced I have a defected intake, something is not right with the actual OEM MAF sensor or my car needs to be tuned.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:06 AM   #20
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Camaro View Post
I got my car back today, the technician said there were about eleven codes that came up on their screen; he didnt tell me which ones before he cleared them. All the fluids were fine and not running low or anything. After clearing the codes the technician drove around for over twenty minutes highway/city to see if the light/message would turn back on. Meanwhile I was on the way with the OEM intake, He had asked me to bring it in. When I got to the dealership the car was running fine he just needed to clear the codes so the cooling fan stopped running and all the gauges were working again. There was no need to change the stock intake back. I was surprised. I took the car for an oil change used Castrol syntec left a quart out, and put a throwback blend for any car no matter how much mileage is on the car, duralube; so the car would stay cool. On my way home my CEL turned back on, but no a/c off due to engine temp message was displayed. Am convinced I have a defected intake, something is not right with the actual OEM MAF sensor or my car needs to be tuned.
once you get long tubes, you need to be tuned to turn off the rear O2 sensors...that's probably the code you are getting...I went almost 6 months with mine on before I got a tune...I just stopped in once a week at the local auto parts store to check the codes to back sure there were no other codes since the light was always on
Old 01-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #21
416Camaro

Ok I will search for a good tune.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #22
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Camaro View Post
Ok I will search for a good tune.

Trifecta or IPF.

Currently many of us have the Trifecta tune (cheaper and the origianl tuner). The IPF tune costs twice as much as the Trifecta tune. Both offer similiar HP gains.

We are waiting for a direct comparision between the two to see if there is any futrher gains from the IPF tune over the trifecta tune
(and still be safe for fuel/air ratios).
Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #23
416Camaro

OK.I am getting the quotes from Jesse (IPF) and Vince's online store (Trifecta) they are also around the same price. Bad News racing is showing the trifecta for $315.00 > I don't think it comes with a EZ flash cable though.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:06 AM   #24
2010_camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Had the same issue. Only happens once in a while when its real cold out. I just chuck it up as my car dont like the cold. Dealer never could get it to do it so they are clueless. I replaced the sensor and pig tail and still get the code. I looked are freeze frame data when the code sets and nothing is outta the norm. Kinda odd. Go GM!!!

https://www.instagram.com/whoopa_ss/
2010_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:41 AM   #25
416Camaro

Even after the trifecta tune:>?
Old 01-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #26
motley1987

That's the thing, I don't think anyone has found the actual cause of the message. My dealer found nothing, my coolant is full, the water temp is normal as well as the oil temp so the engine isn't actually running hot. Mine goes off when it's really cold out too. It's gone off twice first thing in the morning the last two weeks and the outside temps are in the teens. If the check engine light is on too, I clear it with my scanguage. If it's not on, reinstalling the tune gets rid of it. I asked Vince at trifecta if the tune could be causing it, but he doesn't think so.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:56 AM   #27
416Camaro

Thats strange this only happend recently to me as well when it was extremely cold out. got mine cleared at partsource tis weekend and the fan didnt turn back on again. I guess that fan turns on when this message is on.

Last edited by 416Camaro; 01-30-2013 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #28
motley1987

That's the worst part. You don't realize how loud the fan is until it never turns off.