Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #15
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Yeah having to select shuffle each time is a pain. Also i've noticed that sometimes when the next song comes on the display shows the last song and the timer is no longer counting. I'm still hearing the music, but I cannot see or change anything. It's like the display locks up, but music still playing. Might be a problem with the individual songs. Untill an update comes out I have switched over to my MP3 player. Works and sounds great, just not quite as convenient as the USB flash.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #16
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
I dislike it will not play songs that have been gotten from Napster. I have a Creative Zen X-FI and have to use the headphone jack. On USB it see's the songs but will not play them.
With a little computer know how, you can reformat all of those songs so that they can play.

Also, why is nobody mentioning the awesomeness of streaming your songs to the radio? I have a Blackberry and I keep almost 1,000 songs in their at any given time and I just stream them straight to the radio. This way shuffle works all the time because I set it up on my phone, rather than in the car...

As far as the OP's complaints go...

1) It's a one button fix. Don't be lazy, just press shuffle when you get in the car. It honestly takes about a second to do.

2) Bug, no doubt. I'm sure Panasonic will have an update for it soon.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #17
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hot SS View Post
wait is this illegally downloaded songs all together or just napster songs?
Napster is now a legal form of downloading music. It may not have started that way, but now it is. Don't get the two confused.

But yes, pretty much everything downloaded illegally will work in the Camaro, but when it comes to music purchased and downloaded legally, you're taking pot-luck on whether the Digital Rights Management attached to that song will allow it to be played in your Camaro.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #18
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
It's pretty funny that all illegally downloaded songs have no problem playing in pretty much any player, but people who download their songs legitimately get screwed over with DRM and such.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #19
CamaroHutch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
There are many programs available that will remove the DRM protection from your music.

2SS RS RJT

Delivery?? 5/27/09 #10630

AFTERMARKET:
Hurst STS
Borla ATAK Catback
CamaroHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #20
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
It's pretty funny that all illegally downloaded songs have no problem playing in pretty much any player, but people who download their songs legitimately get screwed over with DRM and such.
It makes perfect sense when you think about it. Nobody would want to illegally trade songs with DRM when they can trade songs without it. The reason the files get pirated is because they'll always work.

As for me, I still buy CD's, rip them, and convert them to mp3's. No Napster or Itunes for me. No shadowy far-off forces can mess with my physical discs.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #21
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
I dislike it will not play songs that have been gotten from Napster. I have a Creative Zen X-FI and have to use the headphone jack. On USB it see's the songs but will not play them.
Oh thats a punch in the balls I was figuring on using my iRiver in my car.. guess not anymore....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #22
etrigan

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black Camaro
I've got just the opposite problem...

I'm using a Samsung T10. If I play an album and I shut the car off and back on, the last song will come back up but after that one it shuffles automatically. The suffle feature on the T10 is off and random is off on the car.

So, in other words, shuffle/random is on all the time by default.

Maybe the T10 is your fix, embalmer.

VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9106795

1100, Preliminary order accepted:10/13/08
6000, Del. to me:5/20/09
etrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #23
Jferrell88

Drives: black 2ss/rs
I have no problems at all, When i can get my ipod to connect!! half the time it wont connect i just unplug and plug until it works or i give up
Old 06-03-2009, 08:52 PM   #24
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
it is annoying that with every restart it jumps to the USB IF one is plugged in, but my irritation is that my itouch ONLY shuffles randomly. i can't get it to do anything else! and the itouch itself becomes disabled in functionality. the infotainment system is it's only controller.

also, i skip thru about 5 songs before it won't skip anymore.......just plays. when this happens, the display isn't counting and is showing the wrong album and song..........maybe i just ain't figured it out yet!

my AT&T Samsung Impression syncs and works beautifully in Bluetooth from a phone stand point. i just hate to use it in Bluetooth for music because that will kill the phone function.

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #25
CamaroHutch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by etrigan View Post
I've got just the opposite problem...

I'm using a Samsung T10. If I play an album and I shut the car off and back on, the last song will come back up but after that one it shuffles automatically. The suffle feature on the T10 is off and random is off on the car.

So, in other words, shuffle/random is on all the time by default.

Maybe the T10 is your fix, embalmer.
I don't think its shuffling, I think its just playing the songs in alphabetical order by song name (not artist or album) once the car is turned back on. It does remember what song you were on, it just does not remember the playlist you were using....

2SS RS RJT

Delivery?? 5/27/09 #10630

AFTERMARKET:
Hurst STS
Borla ATAK Catback
CamaroHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:50 AM   #26
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post
it is annoying that with every restart it jumps to the USB IF one is plugged in, but my irritation is that my itouch ONLY shuffles randomly. i can't get it to do anything else! and the itouch itself becomes disabled in functionality. the infotainment system is it's only controller.

also, i skip thru about 5 songs before it won't skip anymore.......just plays. when this happens, the display isn't counting and is showing the wrong album and song..........maybe i just ain't figured it out yet!

my AT&T Samsung Impression syncs and works beautifully in Bluetooth from a phone stand point. i just hate to use it in Bluetooth for music because that will kill the phone function.
I have a touch pro from Sprint. When I am connected and streaming with BT it works great. If a call comes in it takes the call in the car and then plays music when I hang up. I do notice I am able to use the stering wheel controls when I use the Windows Media Player instead of the HTC player. It appears WMP gives you more options when using with the car stereo.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #27
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
I have a touch pro from Sprint. When I am connected and streaming with BT it works great. If a call comes in it takes the call in the car and then plays music when I hang up. I do notice I am able to use the stering wheel controls when I use the Windows Media Player instead of the HTC player. It appears WMP gives you more options when using with the car stereo.
ok so while in bluetooth mode and NOT physically connected by a cord you have control over your device with the steering wheel controls?

also, i was curious if i was in sync bluetooth listening to music what would happen when a call came in. cuz i'll just use my Samsung for music to since the phone feature works so good!

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:30 AM   #28
2SSOrgKrate

Drives: 2010 IOM LS3 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post

Is the iPod/MP3 player connected all of the time? If so, you might try connecting it, after you start the car. Cable to USB first, then USB to the device. I did that on my test drive and rocked the whole way with no trouble. Title, Artist and Time all displayed correctly. Good luck!
2SSOrgKrate is offline   Reply With Quote