Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 02-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #15
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
If it is possible, record the entire races all season and post them on Camaro5 after the race. I am a huge Grand Am fan and am very willing to watch the entire race from a drivers perspective.... I'm sure nobody on the site would shed a tear seeing the in car camera....

Just a thought... If Grand Am won't televise every event why not do it yourself.... Maybe after enough attention, Grand Am will show Conti every race in its entirety... LIVE!!!
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #16
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
If it is possible, record the entire races all season and post them on Camaro5 after the race. I am a huge Grand Am fan and am very willing to watch the entire race from a drivers perspective.... I'm sure nobody on the site would shed a tear seeing the in car camera....
Agreed, I'd love to see as much in car Camaro Grand-Am racing as possible. I just sat here at work staring at my screen watching that video in awe.

Joey, thank you for posting that video and good luck this season!

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
MJanowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #17
Alaskan SS

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS w/ M6, sunroof
I know it pales in comparison to the real thing, but it's cool to me because I've raced that track on Gran Turismo 5...

Alaskan SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #18
pbm457

Drives: 2009 Dodge "Cuda", 2010 Camaro
I wish they would let you guys run sequential's like the porsches.
pbm457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:51 PM   #19
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:

Just a thought... If Grand Am won't televise every event why not do it yourself.... Maybe after enough attention, Grand Am will show Conti every race in its entirety... LIVE!!!
+1
Old 02-18-2011, 11:52 PM   #20
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJanowich View Post
Agreed, I'd love to see as much in car Camaro Grand-Am racing as possible. I just sat here at work staring at my screen watching that video in awe.

Joey, thank you for posting that video and good luck this season!
+1
Old 02-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #21
King Nothing
Under a Peterbilt

Drives: Rogue, Durango and Camaro
awesome vid! what's done to your camaro? and any boss 302's out there? i was just watching about the boss on speed tv and they were talkin about them being in grand am racing
Sold-2000 Camaro SS A4 Hardtop #867 of 8913
1 of 103 Bright Rally Red Hardtop SS A4 in 2000
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 By Berger #11BC21
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #22
Jatterbu

Drives: GRAND-AM GS.R Camaro's
Quote:

I can't post full race video's for a lot of reasons. GRAND-AM has SPEED TV coverage for almost all of the races, they are all recorded live with video and announcers. SPEED has the rights to the race coverage unless approved by GRAND-AM to upload video, not to mention the competitors here on the forums that could watch it as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbm457 View Post
I wish they would let you guys run sequential's like the porsches.
None of the GS car are allowed to run sequential transmissions. In Rolex GT all of the cars run sequential boxes, so yes the Camaro's use them as well in GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing View Post
awesome vid! what's done to your camaro? and any boss 302's out there? i was just watching about the boss on speed tv and they were talkin about them being in grand am racing
Yes the BOSS is one of our main competitors along with the BMW M3. There is a lot done to the Camaro to have it be considered a front running/competitive GRAND-AM GS class car. The car starts life as a stock Camaro that comes off the showroom floor, gets dipped, seem-welded, roll cage, carbon body panels such as doors/hood/trunk, racing brakes, new suspension, and several safety items. It is far from a stock Camaro but is very similar to what an enthusiast can do to theirs.

Joey
Jatterbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:46 PM   #23
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Very Nice!!!
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:36 AM   #24
Fig

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro RS
that was a great video thanks for sharing!
Fig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #25
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
My only question: Where is the sign up to do this!!!

Last edited by garcmol; 02-22-2011 at 04:01 PM.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #26
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Amazing, I love this type of racing all out driving, and those Camaros' are beautifull.
Are they stock engines w/ mods or completely different engines, also are there superchargers or turbos?
Old 03-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #27
King Nothing
Under a Peterbilt

Drives: Rogue, Durango and Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatterbu View Post
Yes the BOSS is one of our main competitors along with the BMW M3. There is a lot done to the Camaro to have it be considered a front running/competitive GRAND-AM GS class car. The car starts life as a stock Camaro that comes off the showroom floor, gets dipped, seem-welded, roll cage, carbon body panels such as doors/hood/trunk, racing brakes, new suspension, and several safety items. It is far from a stock Camaro but is very similar to what an enthusiast can do to theirs.

Joey
awesome thanks for the info joey and good luck with the season
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
My only question: Where is the sign up to do this!!!
or at least go watch this
Sold-2000 Camaro SS A4 Hardtop #867 of 8913
1 of 103 Bright Rally Red Hardtop SS A4 in 2000
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 By Berger #11BC21
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #28
Jatterbu

Drives: GRAND-AM GS.R Camaro's
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Amazing, I love this type of racing all out driving, and those Camaros' are beautifull.
Are they stock engines w/ mods or completely different engines, also are there superchargers or turbos?
Sorry for the late reply guys, I've been out and about testing various things on some racecars and just got back to the forum. Our racecars use the LS3 engine just like the Camaro SS, there are some slight modifications for racing use however. The wiring harness is completely removed and replaced using a stand-alone BOSCH ECU which is monitored by GRAND-AM, we are allowed to delete the catalytic converters and mufflers, the LS3 has new forged pistons for 2011 as well as some bearings replaced for durability and a complete dry sump oil system for racing use. No superchargers or turbos for the Camaros, the Audi S4 does use a supercharged 6-cylinder, the Subaru STi is a 4-cylinder turbo, I think that's about it for the GS class. Let me know if you guys have anything else!

Thanks again for following! We are at Miami-Homestead this weekend and will keep you all posted.

Joey
Jatterbu is offline   Reply With Quote