Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 07-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #29
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
had mine for about 2 weeks now. In the morning, the top still isn't going down any further (than in the pictures on page 1 of this thread) but I think that in the afternoons, the top does go down aqbout 1/2" further in the well than it does in the morning.

NO rub marks at all....this is giving me hope. I know it still amy take a few weeks for the top to go down more, but it's hard to wait! I just want to put the tonneau cover on; if the top sat down further in the well, I'd be able to put the cover on.
Is it possible that the new [thicker] material makes it sit higher when folded? Remember, the new thickness is multiplied by the number of folds.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #30
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
It could be, but then GM needs to make a new tonneau cover to accomodate the new tops....

What would be a decent trade - what could GM offer to make up forthe Tonneau not fitting on the new tops?
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #31
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
It could be, but then GM needs to make a new tonneau cover to accomodate the new tops....

What would be a decent trade - what could GM offer to make up forthe Tonneau not fitting on the new tops?
EVERY Camaro would have to have the thickness problem (if that's the trouble) before they'd even consider making a new, larger tonneau.

I think the base level Camaro vert actually gets no tonneau.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #32
cactuseater

Drives: .
Wow, that top looks good and tight. FishFace.....I am hoping mine turns out as good. Still waiting for my parts.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #33
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
Sorry man been away this past week. The material feels like a stronger grade of cloth is the best way I can describe it.

Update its been about 2 weeks since redesigned top went on and everything is running great still had the top down probably 80% of the time. No rub marks, wrinkles, leaks have to give props top my dealer in the way everything has been handled. They have bent over backwards for me throughout the whole process.
This is great to hear that your dealership was able to resolve the issue for you! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #34
dpartch

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertable rs/ss
The Bottom line is, if the top mechanism is not replace you will get rub marks, no mater what, it just may take longer for them to show up.

That is why a new mechanism was introduced this spring. Also look at the threads in this group. Some guys are on there 5th top.
dpartch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #35
fishface

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post
Wow, that top looks good and tight. FishFace.....I am hoping mine turns out as good. Still waiting for my parts.
Thanks man another week down and still all is well. Even left my top down twice this week over night by mistake with cover on (in garage so no big deal). Just read you got your parts good luck hope everything works out well for you.
fishface is offline   Reply With Quote