Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-14-2014, 01:18 PM   #1
Mike_The_Great

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Question 2014 SS Exhaust Fitment

New to the forum and recently purchased a 2014 2SS/RS Auto (L99) and listened to many exhaust clips and really like the Corsa. I checked out their site and it only lists exhaust for 2010-2013. Thinking the site may be out-of-date, I sent an email to confirm and this was their response:

"We appreciate your interest. We unfortunately, have not confirmed fitment on the 2014 Camaro's as of yet. The local dealers we work with have not obtained one yet. As far as we know there has been a few changes on the 2014 Camaro's"

Are there any changes / issues with fitment on a 2014? I was looking at this kit;

Description & Features
2.5" Cat-Back + XO, Dual Rear Exit with Single 4.0" Polished Pro-Series Tips
Fits: 2010-2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe 6.2L V8 Auto
*Automatic tranmission coupe ONLY
Tips: Dual Rear Exit Single 4.0" Polished Pro-Series Tips
Sound: Sport
Flow: Average of 44 (Incl'd XO-Pipe adds 14%)% gain over stock
Power Gains: Average increase of up to 6 HP and 7 TQ
Weight Reduction: 19 lbs. lighter than stock
Technology: CORSA's Patented RSC® Technology is designed for an AGGRESSIVE SOUND under acceleration and a DRONE-FREE EXPERIENCE during cruise. Every system is engineered specifically to each vehicle without drone while cruising.

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
The outlet location changed on the base exhaust. Somebody in Ohio with a 2014 needs to take a trip to Beria and let them measure you up.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
Mike_The_Great

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Received another update from Corsa today, looks like they found someone:

"We are currently, fitting the 2014 Camaros as we speak. However; I do not know at this time if there will be a few “tweaks” that will be needed. We are located in Ohio and work with local dealers for our car needs. The 13’ kits may fit the 2014 Camaro’s but how well? And are the acoustics the same?"
Old 02-15-2014, 12:00 AM   #4
tekteq
HT5 in the 626

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have a SLP Loudmouth Axleback (designed for 2010-2013) on my 2014 and I can tell you that the exhaust tips DO NOT stick out as much as stock which is quite disappointing. I'm going to have my muffler shop extend the pipe a little.

2014 L99 Camaro 2SS/RS ~ Flowmaster American Thunder Catback ~ Cold Air Inductions CAI ~ VMAX Ported TB ~ ARH Catted LTs ~ Tuned by Ted @ JRE

A wise man once said, he who eats crackers in bed get crummy sleep.
tekteq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:49 AM   #5
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_The_Great View Post
New to the forum and recently purchased a 2014 2SS/RS Auto (L99) and listened to many exhaust clips and really like the Corsa. I checked out their site and it only lists exhaust for 2010-2013. Thinking the site may be out-of-date, I sent an email to confirm and this was their response:

"We appreciate your interest. We unfortunately, have not confirmed fitment on the 2014 Camaro's as of yet. The local dealers we work with have not obtained one yet. As far as we know there has been a few changes on the 2014 Camaro's"

Are there any changes / issues with fitment on a 2014? I was looking at this kit;

Description & Features
2.5" Cat-Back + XO, Dual Rear Exit with Single 4.0" Polished Pro-Series Tips
Fits: 2010-2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe 6.2L V8 Auto
*Automatic tranmission coupe ONLY
Tips: Dual Rear Exit Single 4.0" Polished Pro-Series Tips
Sound: Sport
Flow: Average of 44 (Incl'd XO-Pipe adds 14%)% gain over stock
Power Gains: Average increase of up to 6 HP and 7 TQ
Weight Reduction: 19 lbs. lighter than stock
Technology: CORSA's Patented RSC® Technology is designed for an AGGRESSIVE SOUND under acceleration and a DRONE-FREE EXPERIENCE during cruise. Every system is engineered specifically to each vehicle without drone while cruising.

Thanks!
Just a little warning from my experience. Before you do anything with the stock exhaust on an L99, you may want to have a plan on what to do about AFM. AFM sounds horrible with an after market exhaust. The stock exhaust is the best there is for hiding the AFM noises. The Corsa 14952 is designed for the L99, but it also sounds like crud when AFM kicks in. I suggest that you read and research this forum a lot and think about tuning your car before changing the exhaust. And if you were to tune your car, then you might as well get the Corsa 14951 LS3 system, (without the resonator). A lot less weight and lots more clearance above the tunnel brace. That is if it fits on a 2014, but I'm sure a good exhaust shop could do what it takes to fit the mufflers and tips under the rear of the car.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #6
Blountatv

Drives: Camaro 2ss L99
I also considered the Corsa for my 2014. I ended up going stainless works retro chambered catback and a range 8 for the AFM. I could not be more satisfied. Nice deep rumble without any rasp. Call up Apex (forum sponsor) and talk to him about the different options. It is a 3 inch system and comes with tunnel brace spacers. I chose it because drone was my biggest concern. Corsa, Sw and solo with J pipes I know are pretty much drone free.
Blountatv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:31 PM   #7
LoneSStar

Drives: 2014 SS
I know I was a little heartbroken when I called Jegs yesterday and they said that the JBA catback would not fit on the 2014's. I love the sound of the JBA system. Now I do not even know what to do. I'm back at square one.
LoneSStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:34 AM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneSStar View Post
I know I was a little heartbroken when I called Jegs yesterday and they said that the JBA catback would not fit on the 2014's. I love the sound of the JBA system. Now I do not even know what to do. I'm back at square one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the JBA system lower quality steel? This might be a blessing in disguise.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:55 AM   #9
Misfit
Jumpmaster

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS LS3
As far as I know there are no fitment issues with the 2014. General rule of thumb for the 2014, unless it's cosmetic, everything is the same as 2012-2013. The only update was the different front and rear ends, and the hood.
CAI Intake, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, Apex Motorsports Catch Can, Apex Intake Scoop/Washer Bottle Relocate, Skip Shift Eliminator, Stainless Works 2" Headers, High Flow Cats, Retro Catback Exhaust, JRE Tune...more to follow

12.6087 1/4 ET @ 113.98MPH on stock tires.
Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #10
LoneSStar

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the JBA system lower quality steel? This might be a blessing in disguise.
I believe that is correct. I loved the sound, but also agree, probably a blessing in disguise.
LoneSStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:24 PM   #11
dirtydee

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
I also have a 2014 2ss/rs l99 and trying to decide on long headers on back to tips exhaust and if their any warranty issues I might encounter?
dirtydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:53 PM   #12
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It shouldn't be a problem being that the car is in Texas with salt.