Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #7855
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Kate wantz a new Z.

(I saw the new Underworld last week & thought I'd share.)
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #7856
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
If you guys don't mind, I want to express one of my gripes about seats. I miss the seat sizes we always got in the A body's from 66-70 or so~ Those buckets were awesome from a comfort standpoint. I can't find seats (like in the 66-70 GTOs, Chevelles, etc) in anything being built today. NADA. Not even a suburban. These small seats don't extend to the back of my knee like the bigger ones and long distance travel is truly painful. The small seats cut into the sciatic nerves, etc etc... OK.... back to your Recaros now.
These are the best seats I have had in a car to date. Everything was adjustable based on body size and activity including the thigh support.

Of course it is 'retired'. The closest replacement is the Style XL.

The Caddy Recaro is very similar in function.

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #7857
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
If you guys don't mind, I want to express one of my gripes about seats. I miss the seat sizes we always got in the A body's from 66-70 or so~ Those buckets were awesome from a comfort standpoint. I can't find seats (like in the 66-70 GTOs, Chevelles, etc) in anything being built today. NADA. Not even a suburban. These small seats don't extend to the back of my knee like the bigger ones and long distance travel is truly painful. The small seats cut into the sciatic nerves, etc etc... OK.... back to your Recaros now.
When they downsized, late-'70s, they downsized EVERYTHING. My '70 GS has fully supportive seats (length-wise...side support is another issue), while my '87 T-Type Turbo Regal (undercover GN!) has very short seat bottoms...I had to order the 6-way driver seat to get close-to-adequate thigh support.

Today, some manufacturers offer seats with seat bottom extenders...sometimes as much as 3" worth which, for the long-legged, is a helluva LOT. Recaro-equipped T/As (starting with the '80-'81 Pace Cars) had manually adjustable thigh support elements to them. Gen-3 Camaros offered something similar.

One of the reasons, I believe, that GM seats are generally "one size fits some/most" is simply because NOTHING fits EVERYONE perfectly. If specialized seating is required, the aftermarket (Recaro, Corbeau, Sparco and others) have EXACTLY something for everyone, in one model or another.

"Perfection" co$t$...

I had an '06 G6 GT as a driver for awhile. Very good seats in all dimensions (for me) ....for about 4 hours of driving. And then, the seatback side bolsters began to "rub" me the wrong way. I'm a size 40 Tall...not the widest beam...so how someone that's a 42-44-46+ would have lived with those, I don't know...

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 01-31-2012 at 09:03 AM.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:45 PM   #7858
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
CTS-V Recaro is NICE!

I'd like to see a full manual Recaro, for weight savings... Z/28 deserves it
Old 01-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #7859
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
Kate wantz a new Z.

(I saw the new Underworld last week & thought I'd share.)
Old 01-31-2012, 03:25 PM   #7860
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
These are the best seats I have had in a car to date. Everything was adjustable based on body size and activity including the thigh support.

Of course it is 'retired'. The closest replacement is the Style XL.

The Caddy Recaro is very similar in function.

I'm going to keep the scope on these seats. You know, way back in time before they downsized (right as America began super sizing) no one complained the seats were too big. I see these wide consoles in Fusion (just to name one), & others that cheaper to fill the space with (plastic) than big seats is my opinion.

Thanks for the info JP! Much appreciated. I need to see them in person next chance I get!
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #7861
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...droppin in to say...hey there, hi there , ho there! ....(can't ya tell I'm bored) Those were some very awesome seats...pricey I imagine, but awesome...I'm a plain wrapper guy though, too fancy and rich for my blood....I like those old Grandma comfy couch type seats from the early 70's, with custom deluxe cloth, like in my 73 Z-28 (I'm a dinosaur, I admit it, stuck in the WAYBAC machine)
Old 01-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #7862
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...droppin in to say...hey there, hi there , ho there! ....(can't ya tell I'm bored) Those were some very awesome seats...pricey I imagine, but awesome...I'm a plain wrapper guy though, too fancy and rich for my blood....I like those old Grandma comfy couch type seats from the early 70's, with custom deluxe cloth, like in my 73 Z-28 (I'm a dinosaur, I admit it, stuck in the WAYBAC machine)
ME TOO! I love the big seat of the late 60's. Very nice in every respect. I have been wondering how hard it might be to replace the wide console in a current vehicle, throw in a pair of the older seats and have the whole interior recovered to look right. Not in a Camaro of course. You still have the '73?
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:58 PM   #7863
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I need somebody to post something sane and intelligent.

Preferably about the ZL1....not necessary.

Just reassure me there is still some sense online, please.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:59 PM   #7864
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I need somebody to post something sane and intelligent.

Preferably about the ZL1....not necessary.

Just reassure me there is still some sense online, please.

How soon would you like the post?
Old 01-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #7865
JusticePete

This is absolutely, undeniably, logically the most well reasoned argument in existence pertaining to global warming.

Case closed.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:11 PM   #7866
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
How soon would you like the post?
Especially z00n, if you pleaZe....

Quote:
This is absolutely, undeniably, logically the most well reasoned argument in existence pertaining to global warming.

Case closed.
YES!!! WONDERFUL!!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:33 PM   #7867
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:

Case closed.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:37 PM   #7868
JusticePete

Dragoneye, this one is for you. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=155

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014