Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 01-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
MRKNJ

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible 2SS/RS
Question Wheel/Rim Damage Repair

Anyone have the unfortunate luck of f'ing up their rims yet? Took the car to an automatic / touchless carwash (thinking I would be saving the paint and stripes) and ended up lightly scraping two rims on a guard rail within the bay... lightly scraped the rims but of course enough to be "eating me alive." Anyone have success with repair and/or suggestions? They are polished aluminum... in central/southern NJ... Thanks!

Last edited by MRKNJ; 01-26-2010 at 09:22 PM. Reason: typo and added content
MRKNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #2
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Ebay........replacements.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:44 AM   #3
Inferno2SSRS
Jim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Orange
Send a message via AIM to Inferno2SSRS
I scraped one, but I took out the insurance and the dealership has the new rim on order.
Inferno2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #4
MRKNJ

(Jim) Inferno2SSRS What kind of insurance did your dealer offer? I purchased the wheel and tire insurance, from my Chevy dealer, but it does not cover "cosmetic damage." Did you simply scrape the rim or actually damage it to where it needed to be replaced?
Old 01-28-2010, 03:04 AM   #5
Inferno2SSRS
Jim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Orange
Send a message via AIM to Inferno2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRKNJ View Post
(Jim) Inferno2SSRS What kind of insurance did your dealer offer? I purchased the wheel and tire insurance, from my Chevy dealer, but it does not cover "cosmetic damage." Did you simply scrape the rim or actually damage it to where it needed to be replaced?
I got the full insurance package on it, it covers any type of damage as long as it comes from road hazards like pot holes and such. As long as you can say it was from a pothole your good. So I scraped one went in and told them it was from a pothole and they took a picture and said it would be in a few days. Its been a week and I'm still waiting, but I'm in no rush as long as it gets done.
Inferno2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
(Jim) Inferno2SSRS, How have you been..?? Have you seen the IOM blurr zooming down Parkside Ave....???? lmao.

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Anyone have the unfortunate luck of f'ing up their rims yet? Took the car to an automatic / touchless carwash (thinking I would be saving the paint and stripes) and ended up lightly scraping two rims on a guard rail within the bay... lightly scraped the rims but of course enough to be "eating me alive." Anyone have success with repair and/or suggestions? They are polished aluminum... in central/southern NJ... Thanks!
try typing in "mobile wheel repair in____" into yahoo or something. that's what i did.

i'm in CA and i was unfortunate enough to have f'ed up my rims and found a place that came to my work and did the job. see before and after shots below:
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
MRKNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
try typing in "mobile wheel repair in____" into yahoo or something. that's what i did.

i'm in CA and i was unfortunate enough to have f'ed up my rims and found a place that came to my work and did the job. see before and after shots below:
Thanks for the info. How much did you pay?
Old 02-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #9
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
If I remember correctly, they would charge $60 per rim, but I had some damage on my rear rim as well, so he fixed both of them for $75.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #10
Spaceballone

Drives: 1992 Custom RS, 2006 Civic
Quote:
Theres a guy in burlington that does great work. wheel works, right on rt 130. The guy there is a pro.
Spaceballone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:02 AM   #11
MRKNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceballone View Post
Theres a guy in burlington that does great work. wheel works, right on rt 130. The guy there is a pro.
Thanks spaceball... I've been to see him already... Going to be costly but everyone seems to swear by him.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #12
Jenifers bee

Drives: 87 Fiero gt,01 sban, 2010 RY2SS
Was he able to repair the polished aluminum?
Old 07-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #13
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
wheelsamerica is the best route, there are a few of them around ive used them before and they make the wheel perfect 129 + tax if you send them the rim it self like 150 if the tire is on it with a remount and ballance
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminum polished, damage, repair, rim, wheel