Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Middle East

Old 11-16-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
Angry 1st ME ls3 with a broken shaft!

Be careful everyone.. looks like we are getting some of the defective shafts too!

I just had my camaro for 1000kms and the shaft broke just like everyone else who has that problem here in the forum!

my vin is in the 17000 range!

Last edited by AlSuwaidi; 11-16-2009 at 10:59 PM.
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
too bad about the shaft,, is there any gm dealers around there?

hello,maybe you can answer a question about the camaro exports, do the cars shipped over have tire pressure monitors?

and are they still fully obd2 compliant with 4 cats?
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
AlSuwaidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
too bad about the shaft,, is there any gm dealers around there?

hello,maybe you can answer a question about the camaro exports, do the cars shipped over have tire pressure monitors?

and are they still fully obd2 compliant with 4 cats?

How it works in UAE for car dealerships is that there is usually 2 dealers (1 for Abu Dhabi and one for the 6 Northern emirates Dubai, Sharjah etc...). Some dealer owners are also dealers of several, and sometimes competing, car brands. (eg. Al Futaim motors has Toyota, Honda, Volvo, Lexus, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge)

There are a few exceptions to that rule where there is one dealer for the whole country(Al Futtaim for Toyota and I'm not sure about the others brands I mentioned) and chevrolet which has a dealer for AD, one for DxB and one for other N.Emirates (Only applies for Chevy not other GM car brands)

Regarding our cars. Yes we do have tire pressure monitors. Our cars come with all the options as standard, other than GFx and 21" wheels and onstar as there is no coverage here.

Im not 100% sure but I can almost surely say that yes we do have all the cats as they are very strict on emissions and modding here. Basically the rule on modding and emissions is very vague where engine modding of any type is illegal but people still do it and get away with it at testing as long as the car doesnt sound 'too loud' or 'too modded' which are a case by case thing I guess. (really ahrd to describe)
Old 11-17-2009, 08:00 AM   #4
Q8Y

Drives: '12 F150
Ouch, did u order yours from abroad or did u buy it from the dealership?
you made me worry,did you notice anything unusual before the shaft broke?
mine also LS3 vin 12----
Old 11-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #5
AlSuwaidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q8Y View Post
Ouch, did u order yours from abroad or did u buy it from the dealership?
you made me worry,did you notice anything unusual before the shaft broke?
mine also LS3 vin 12----

ME Dealer or states! what difference? they are all off the same productuion line in the end.. but to answer your question, I got it from one of the official dealers here in the UAE. They will be getting me a new gear and shaft. I just hope they have them in stock and not have to bring one from USA!:(

They said I was the first case they saw with this issue! I'm so glad I didnt order from the states and have a broken gear and shaft and no guarantee! It was worth the extra money I paid!

Your car is right on the border! so if you bought yours from the states i would be worried because you might not have guarantee to cover it breaking, even though it is a factory defect (we all know how our dealers can be bad at times) Ide check with GM ME to see if your car is covered.

If you bought it from your local dealer then dont worry! launch the hell out of it and if it breaks change it under guarantee! if it doesnt then mbroook ! you were out of the batch!

Just my opinion! I would rather have it break under guarantee when I was launching in a quiet area and fix it under guarantee then not enjoying my car and being ultra careful and not using the power it came with because I am worried it will break! Plus you never know ! it could weaken over time and then suddenly break from a simple 1-2 or 2-3 shift on a highway of middle of a junction or u-turn! But dont go using LC 5 times a day cause I told you to !

Let us know how it goes!
Old 11-18-2009, 06:09 AM   #6
Q8Y

Drives: '12 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlSuwaidi View Post
ME Dealer or states! what difference? they are all off the same productuion line in the end.. but to answer your question, I got it from one of the official dealers here in the UAE. They will be getting me a new gear and shaft. I just hope they have them in stock and not have to bring one from USA!:(

They said I was the first case they saw with this issue! I'm so glad I didnt order from the states and have a broken gear and shaft and no guarantee! It was worth the extra money I paid!

Your car is right on the border! so if you bought yours from the states i would be worried because you might not have guarantee to cover it breaking, even though it is a factory defect (we all know how our dealers can be bad at times) Ide check with GM ME to see if your car is covered.

If you bought it from your local dealer then dont worry! launch the hell out of it and if it breaks change it under guarantee! if it doesnt then mbroook ! you were out of the batch!

Just my opinion! I would rather have it break under guarantee when I was launching in a quiet area and fix it under guarantee then not enjoying my car and being ultra careful and not using the power it came with because I am worried it will break! Plus you never know ! it could weaken over time and then suddenly break from a simple 1-2 or 2-3 shift on a highway of middle of a junction or u-turn! But dont go using LC 5 times a day cause I told you to !

Let us know how it goes!
What I meant is the warranty,are you covered or not?
I'm glad your dealer going to fix your car that's must be a relief.
I bought the car from chevrolet dealer here in kuwait so I have the 3 years/60000km warranty.I drove like I stole it in the first 1500 km now I'm kinda babysitting it so far so good.
Good Luck keep us posted
Old 11-18-2009, 12:35 PM   #7
AlSuwaidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q8Y View Post
What I meant is the warranty,are you covered or not?
I'm glad your dealer going to fix your car that's must be a relief.
I bought the car from chevrolet dealer here in kuwait so I have the 3 years/60000km warranty.I drove like I stole it in the first 1500 km now I'm kinda babysitting it so far so good.
Good Luck keep us posted

Don't worry! all under guarantee from GM ME!

Don't stop driving it like you stole it! im planning on launching out of the garage when i get it back
Old 11-18-2009, 01:54 PM   #8
alssiri

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Good luck on the dealer getting parts in stock which is so rare I ordered mine direct from the US & waiting for it to come hoping not to be one of the defected batch Inshallah

Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Forged 376 CI, LSA HeartBeat, Mast Medium Bore Heads & JDP ZLR Cam, ARH LT , MagnaFlow Resonated X + Borla Atak Catback, ADM 102mm Snout, CAI, NW102MM TB, ID850, Fore Triple Fuel Pump, MSD Wire's, Moroso CC.
Alky Control, FIICHILLER.
alssiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:43 PM   #9
AlSuwaidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alssiri View Post
Good luck on the dealer getting parts in stock which is so rare I ordered mine direct from the US & waiting for it to come hoping not to be one of the defected batch Inshallah

Ahmad

Well your vin would be a good hint at if you have an affected one.. but again nothing is for sure!
Old 11-19-2009, 12:24 AM   #10
BLACK

Drives: 2SS/RS BLACK
افا والله سلامات
ماتشوف شر

But if my brother asks, I throw a banana at him.
BLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #11
RoyalKev

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Any updates suwaidi
RoyalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:34 PM   #12
AlSuwaidi

waiting... should be arriving sometime mid december!
Old 12-06-2009, 07:41 AM   #13
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Mine arrived yesterday and sent to Jamarik for 10days clearance
I should have it by mid Dec enshallah

Can someone tell me how to upload photos on here?
Thanx
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #14
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_h View Post
Mine arrived yesterday and sent to Jamarik for 10days clearance
I should have it by mid Dec enshallah

Can someone tell me how to upload photos on here?
Thanx

get a photobucket account www.photobucket.com , the put your pics into your photobucket account and copy and paste the link into your post here.
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gear, output shaft, problems