Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
infernostripes!

Drives: 2010 1ssrs
How do I get my JDP halos to work!

One of them is white and the other is purple. Ive tried reseting the remote by holding the 2 brightness buttons and power and then turing the power switch on and nothing happens

Any suggestion please?
Old 07-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
Badman24

Drives: 2SS Black W/GFX
Yeah called jdp toll free at 888-308-6007. I'm sure they will help you out.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #3
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Common problem, amongst the club members here anyways.Mine(whites) were alittle bluish on one,purpleish on the other.I went through two control box's.I recently installed Nightowl systems JDP upgrade kit,which just replaced the box.The whites were the same,so it was the led's (in my case).The nightowl controller lets you color correct and customize the colors including white.

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
OP - It's probably just the ground. I had this issue as well, sent my box back to JDP and they fixed something inside of it. Recently I had the same issue again so I took the wheel well screws out and played with the ground on the horn - seemed to have fixed the issue temporarily. Going to get a new ground location and one of the washers that bite into the metal for a better ground.

See if this fixes your issue too. If not call JDP for sure! They're very helpful.

Edit: Just to be clear, you're holding the brightness up & down + power for 30 seconds, unplugging the fuse for battery power, and still holding the buttons for another 30 seconds? Then the remote should be reset.
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
StOrM TrOOpEr
TK-421

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Summit White #349
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCwhiteKnight View Post
Common problem, amongst the club members here anyways.Mine(whites) were alittle bluish on one,purpleish on the other.I went through two control box's.I recently installed Nightowl systems JDP upgrade kit,which just replaced the box.The whites were the same,so it was the led's (in my case).The nightowl controller lets you color correct and customize the colors including white.
i guess ur one of those that upgraded from jdp to nightowl halos.. how do u like it? im fed up with these problems with jdp halo kit.. so i guess il fix it one more time and see how it goes.

i just cant accept it that i have to pay another 500 for the halo kit after paying 300 for the jdp. but i guess im not alone
2012 CAMARO 2SS/RS A6 L99, TPW 7-18-2011 FIRST PRODUCTION WEEK 2012 MODEL #349
"LIKE" me on my FACEBOOK page http://www.facebook.com/stormtroopercamaro2ssrs
MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209482 - COTW 6/25/13

StOrM TrOOpEr is offline   Reply With Quote