Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #43
justindewoody

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
Also, part of the PDI process is to put a few miles on the car to check for squeaks and rattles, shift quality, noises, etc. No car should leave the lot with less than 15 miles. If it did, the PDI process was shotgunned. Not cool.
Dude are you serious? Where did you get that information? I work at a Chevy dealer...and in fact, I know MANY employees of multiple Chevy dealerships and NONE of them do that. That is completely absurd. We have 4 ZL1's in stock RIGHT NOW and they all have less than 5 miles on them.
justindewoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #44
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by justindewoody View Post
Dude are you serious? Where did you get that information? I work at a Chevy dealer...and in fact, I know MANY employees of multiple Chevy dealerships and NONE of them do that. That is completely absurd. We have 4 ZL1's in stock RIGHT NOW and they all have less than 5 miles on them.
Chevy must have different parameters, then. On the Ford PDI sheets it was a requirement to drive them through a full cycle of city and highway driving. It makes sense, because we caught a lot of dribbles, leaks, and inoperative components on those road tests. Stuff that would result in a pissed off customer if they got the vehicle home and experienced it themselves.

Case in point: I PDI'd a new Cobra R for the dealership owner (for his collection), and the lower radiator hose split in half during the road test. In the end, we had very few "immediate" warranties on the cars we sold, and the thorough PDI was a big part of it.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #45
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
That's because it's a Ford
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #46
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
That's because it's a Ford
What a thoughtful, concise statement. Your mother must be so proud.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #47
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Quote:

lol..very courteous owned statement
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #48
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
My car had about 30 km on it new which is almost exactly 19 miles. So I think that normal new car miles are within this range on a car with its PDI completed.
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #49
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Based on my experiences with a number of Ford's. Thanks my mother does love me.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote