Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-06-2010, 12:40 AM   #29
boro62

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
I am pretty sure my service consultant went to bat with her manager because I saw her arguing with him and then pointing through the window at me before coming out and giving me the bad news. And when I asked to speak to her manager, she was more than willing, but said told me she didn't think it would do much. She was right.

Anyhow, she called me back today, and its going to be $700 for parts and labor, which is exactly what it would cost if i went to claim it through insurance, so I won't bother with that route.

It just sucks to have to pay $700 in repairs to car that is only a little over a month old, especially since I just spent a lot of money buying mods that I havent even recieved yet and thinking of all the other stuff I could have got with that extra $700.

I would take a pic for you guys, but i am actually out of town in Las Vegas for work till next tues. Hopefully I'll win some money to cover for this repair....
boro62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #30
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by boro62 View Post
I am pretty sure my service consultant went to bat with her manager because I saw her arguing with him and then pointing through the window at me before coming out and giving me the bad news. And when I asked to speak to her manager, she was more than willing, but said told me she didn't think it would do much. She was right.

Anyhow, she called me back today, and its going to be $700 for parts and labor, which is exactly what it would cost if i went to claim it through insurance, so I won't bother with that route.

It just sucks to have to pay $700 in repairs to car that is only a little over a month old, especially since I just spent a lot of money buying mods that I havent even recieved yet and thinking of all the other stuff I could have got with that extra $700.

I would take a pic for you guys, but i am actually out of town in Las Vegas for work till next tues. Hopefully I'll win some money to cover for this repair....
I know the feeling, hit the side of my garage with mine took out the mirror and dented it... $1200 I could have used for like ANYTHING else....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #31
gnlbb10cam.com

Drives: black with silver racing stripes
this just happen to me, they said a rock hit the condenser, its gonna cost 836 .00 to replace it i think this is a manufactor defect they put the condenser in the wrong place or build a shield to protect the condenser WTF
gnlbb10cam.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #32
gnlbb10cam.com

Drives: black with silver racing stripes
is anyone having a problem with a very low grinding sound in th rear end...i heard that an addative needs to be added to rear end and what is the name of it.
gnlbb10cam.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #33
steveww
RUSH TWO

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
I just took my car into dealer for airconditioner issue. Blowing hot air. Just got a call from them They say I have a hole in my condenser. They want $785. 00 to repair it.
So I called my insurance company and they say I have $250.00 Deductable comp. But they want to see it so they want an ajuster to come out and look at it before they approve the claim. I guess they don't trust the dealer. I have been driving for 35 years and have never ever heard of this issue. So is this a defect in this car. Is there a after market one that is better. Really angry right now.

Window tint, Clear bra, 1 7/8 Headers with Hi-flow cats, ADM Performance-CAI, Slotted/Drilled Rotors with Ceramic carbon fiber pads. Painted Calipers, Drag wheels, Outlaw Catback Quad tips, CFD Shifter with Leather boot upgrade, LSA Supercharger, AEM AFR Gauge
steveww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #34
Dr_Doom

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Did they tell you that a rock caused a pin hole and the warranty doesn't cover that? That answer has been posted quite a bit on here from other owners
Dr_Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #35
steveww
RUSH TWO

Yeah, thats exactly what they told me.

Window tint, Clear bra, 1 7/8 Headers with Hi-flow cats, ADM Performance-CAI, Slotted/Drilled Rotors with Ceramic carbon fiber pads. Painted Calipers, Drag wheels, Outlaw Catback Quad tips, CFD Shifter with Leather boot upgrade, LSA Supercharger, AEM AFR Gauge
Old 10-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #36
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazm View Post
id say almost 100% of the time a hole in the condensor is not covered
Yeah, you get hit by a rock and there is no way it is GM's fault. Like getting your windshield cracked by one.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #37
steveww
RUSH TWO

This seams Like a very frequent issue on this car though. Bad design. Pretty sad when you have a car for 2 months and have to pay $800.00 to get it fixed. I have been driving over 30yrs and have never even heard of this before. Look on this site and you see many owners having the same problem.. I have had Seat issues, Air conditioner issues, paint issues, poor service issues. I have been a dedicated GM-person for a long time 1984 covette, 2000 Grand Prix, 2002 Olds, 2006 colorado, 2008 Pontiac G6, 2010 camaro 2LT, 2011 chevy Traverse, and then traded my 2LT for a 2010 Leftover 2010 2SS/RS, I think it might be time to look elsewhere. Tired of the BS..................... I have been driving over 30yrs and have never even heard of this before. Look on this site and you see many owners saying the same thing.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #38
DS1937
DS1937

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Take a careful look at your old one, if it was a rock, it should be pretty obvious!
Old 10-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #39
steveww
RUSH TWO

I talked with my adjuster, He acutally went out to the dealer and checked it. He acutally told me my car was beautiful, He has many cars including a 69 Camaro. But he said he was looking for a defect. There was a hole but could not confirm how it got there. But they covered everything except $250.00 He has been an ajuster for over 30yrs, and said it is very rare. So again with as many complaints just on this site how can you think it is not a design issue. The Grill should have a mesh or somthing to help protect this fragile thing wouldnt you think.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #40
midlifemike

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
It's those big open grill square holes, trust me. Rocks go right in there and it does not take much. In fact I imagine the thick grill makes those squares into a bit of a funnel focused the debris right into the condensor..

Perhaps the Heritage grill helps with this.

Last edited by midlifemike; 10-14-2011 at 06:00 PM.
midlifemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #41
steveww
RUSH TWO

I have been looking at some mesh inserts or something. Sad I have to spend another $300.00 plus on top of the repair to get some peace of mind. I think these $800.00 repairs that the insurance companies are having to pay will cause all camaro drivers to have higher rates.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #42
midlifemike

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
The car I came here from had same issues, many do actually.

I wonder if a screening application is in order here?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#wire-mesh/=ehrdcl
midlifemike is offline   Reply With Quote