Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery > Camaro Photoshops / Renderings Forum

Old 06-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
Green Camaro, opinions?

hey guys/gals
started putting some thought into what i might want to do to my car when i order in a few years, as of right now i'm just messing around in photoshop with it, adding stripes, changing the color, changing grilles.

despite growing up with green cars in my driveway constantly, and developing a hatred for green, aaaaand vowing never to drive a green car, i really like it on the camaro, and when/if i happen to order in a few years i think i'd like to take her to get painted, assuming green isn't offered.

as of right now, it's a green camaro, added yellow accents, DefenderWorx half-phantom billet grille, and blacked out bowtie. i expect I'll lighten up the green a bit.

I'd just like to get some feedback from you guys, paint changes, stripe changes, anything. obviously not everyone's going to like it. just be honest, constructive criticism i can handle besides, i've got a TON of time to figure this stuff out, so this could be fun

as i change it i might update this thread, i'll see how it goes over.
and my photoshop skills are limited, but i'll try and do whatever i can do, love learning new stuff in the program.

here it is without grille/stripes (same photo, had to flip it horizontal to make the grille fit) original photo was red, the green is the only change to this photo

updated with a different green shade & silver in place of yellow
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by moto-camaro; 06-25-2009 at 07:31 AM.
moto-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
Luny

Drives: Future Camaro
to be completely honest im not really feeling that green, looks like Kermits Camaro lol, id be more into a darker green though i think that would look cool
Luny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #3
Paperer
Ragin' Cajun

Drives: '02 Camaro SS - '10 CGM 2SS/RS
Honestly, I like it, I'm and Earth tone kinda' guy.
Paperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:22 AM   #4
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
I think the green is ok, but the yellow hurts.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:29 AM   #5
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

thanks guys, i was kind of partial to the green, liked it, but at the same time didn't. i'll probably make it a little more of a 'true green' but keep it dark.

about the yellow: i liked the idea of the hood cowl stripes, and the idea of a vinyl/stripe on the side where it is now, but didn't know what color to use suggestions? definitely not red, i'm not going to the christmas camaro , but i want something that stands out.

i'll edit the original post and add the photo before i added the grill and the striping, just so it's easier to see the lines of the car.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:30 AM   #6
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Moto!!!!!!!!

Why are you doing this to me?

not my taste of green, but any of the ones on this social group would be good imo
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=21
Old 06-25-2009, 12:37 AM   #7
Luny

Drives: Future Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-camaro View Post
thanks guys, i was kind of partial to the green, liked it, but at the same time didn't. i'll probably make it a little more of a 'true green' but keep it dark.

about the yellow: i liked the idea of the hood cowl stripes, and the idea of a vinyl/stripe on the side where it is now, but didn't know what color to use suggestions? definitely not red, i'm not going to the christmas camaro , but i want something that stands out.

i'll edit the original post and add the photo before i added the grill and the striping, just so it's easier to see the lines of the car.
black or silver maybe
Luny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:42 AM   #8
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Moto!!!!!!!!

Why are you doing this to me?

not my taste of green, but any of the ones on this social group would be good imo
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=21

sorry milk don't close the thread!

i forgot about that group and the deep green thread, there's some bad@ss photos in there

the worst part is it's reaaalll hard to get the right shade, what i see on the screen in photoshop is like a totally different color of green than shows up here.
-the photoshop green is actually pretty nice, but here it's more of a military green almost. still not bad, but not quite what i'm looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luny View Post
black or silver maybe
silver could work nicely... i'll give that and black a try tomorrow in the next day or so, i'll see what more people have to say, then make a couple changes at once

Last edited by moto-camaro; 06-25-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #9
circleacustoms

Drives: 2006 Charger
Hey man, first off I love Green Chevys. I am working on a "Green Goblin" for a firend of mine. He hasnt ordered a Camaro yet either, he just wants to see what a mean green Camaro would look like.
circleacustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #10
Sidewinder

Drives: 2SS/RJT/A6/Received 09/09/09
Cool Color but a little

Quote:
hey guys/gals
started putting some thought into what i might want to do to my car when i order in a few years, as of right now i'm just messing around in photoshop with it, adding stripes, changing the color, changing grilles.

despite growing up with green cars in my driveway constantly, and developing a hatred for green, aaaaand vowing never to drive a green car, i really like it on the camaro, and when/if i happen to order in a few years i think i'd like to take her to get painted, assuming green isn't offered.

as of right now, it's a green camaro, added yellow accents, DefenderWorx half-phantom billet grille, and blacked out bowtie. i expect I'll lighten up the green a bit.

I'd just like to get some feedback from you guys, paint changes, stripe changes, anything. obviously not everyone's going to like it. just be honest, constructive criticism i can handle besides, i've got a TON of time to figure this stuff out, so this could be fun

as i change it i might update this thread, i'll see how it goes over.
and my photoshop skills are limited, but i'll try and do whatever i can do, love learning new stuff in the program.

here it is without grille/stripes (same photo, had to flip it horizontal to make the grille fit) original photo was red, the green is the only change to this photo

updated with a different green shade & silver in place of yellow
[IMG][/IMG]
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:51 PM   #11
Sidewinder

Make it a little darker
Old 06-25-2009, 03:24 PM   #12
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
Make it a little darker
Yeah darker like forest green and gold for my Packers!
rmpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:23 PM   #13
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Just found a new menu in photoshop

for some reason when i upload to the site it changes the shade of the green. so this is sort of hard, i've gotta try and compensate for the color change that happens
this i a little closer to what i see on my screen
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #14
Sidewinder

not bad but just a little darker

Quote:
Just found a new menu in photoshop

for some reason when i upload to the site it changes the shade of the green. so this is sort of hard, i've gotta try and compensate for the color change that happens
this i a little closer to what i see on my screen