Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 12-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
quualudes

Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE MPP
Atlanta folks: Trusted suspension shop?

I am wanting to pull the trigger on the Pedders "Track 1 SR" package (full bushings, alignment kit, lowering springs and sway bars). However, the closest recommended installer is over 400 miles away, so I would like to see if any of you have good local folks that have the skills to install, and more importantly, handle the alignment task to maintain the setup.

I am not really opposed to getting the installation done at the recommended spot (I will call it a vacation since it is close to the Atlantic Ocean), but I am not liking the idea of just bring it to any old alignment shop locally since I've never really found one that seems to care about special needs ya know.

There has to be someone in the greater Atlanta area that knows what the hell they are doing!

Thanks!
Scott
quualudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
I like MTI www.mtiracing.com they have done an excellent job for me in the past.

I hear a lot of good things about Hunter www.huntersperformancesolutions.com.

Both are solid trustworthy options.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
+1 on MTI
Old 01-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
Rhyder

OK so I'm looking for a shop that can do suspension install of my Pedders Track II package.

I was looking for MTI as they have done work before on my Camaro, but over the last six weeks or so I've sent two emails via their website and a PM to the MTI sponsor on here, and received zero feed back, no we don't do it response, no cost nothing zip zilch. Even an email stating they cant do it because of "insert reason" would of been nice.

So if anyone has used anyone else and had good service let me know please. I figure I can do some of it, but not wanting to venture into the springs alignment are for sure.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
quualudes

Yeah, I never got a response from MTI either.... :( Decided that I will just do it my own damn self. :P
Vengence up in Cumming can do it, and at least they respond to email (albeit "eventually" respond), but wasn't really ready to swallow the prices they threw out.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
Chris-HPS

Drives: 2008Corvette
We are more than capable of handling the suspension job for you. Give me a call in the morning. We have a quick turnaround time as well.

Chris
Chris-HPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by quualudes View Post
Yeah, I never got a response from MTI either.... :( Decided that I will just do it my own damn self. :P
Vengence up in Cumming can do it, and at least they respond to email (albeit "eventually" respond), but wasn't really ready to swallow the prices they threw out.
I hear Vengence does excellent work, but you pay for it. I'm not against paying more for a better product/service but some things aren't as involved as say a charger install. That and they seem to be so stinking busy, good luck getting in

When I was calling on Dyno tunes, they were almost $500 more than anyone else.

I would rate installing bushings and stuff as pretty straight forward and not requiring any specialized skill above and beyond other shops, I mean there no tweaking or adjusting that you might be just a little better at. Not sure why the prices would be higher than normal on them.

Seems like a fairly quick in and out job for a shop with all the tools, easy money so to say.....
Old 01-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
quualudes

I was mostly scared of the bushings that needed to pushed out. Instead of paying the $1,300 I was quoted, I figured I'd be better off not spending that money for a one time install and instead buying a 30-ton press (100 bucks off craigslist from a closed-down Goodyear - SCORE!) and a $40 MAPP torch

Now I just got to get that freaking press out of my trailer and into the garage so I can actually do this thing! Supposed to be in the 60s this weekend, so I am gunning for the install then.