Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 08-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
BlackCamaro
"Does it come in Black?"

Drives: Black Camaro 2LT/RS
Cool GM Suppliers disc in the DMV

Hey Camaro5,

Anyone come across any dealers in the Northern VA/Wash DC/Maryland area that area accepting GM Suppliers Discount?

BlackCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
volboy23

Drives: an SS.....
I have been checking around to various dealerships and haven't found any yet in the DMV. There are a lot out there, so who knows. I have talked to a couple of people on this forum and they said they hit up as many as they could find and couldn't find a dealer that would take it.

I am looking to order a camaro know and would love to find one.
volboy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
BlackCamaro
"Does it come in Black?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by volboy23 View Post
I have been checking around to various dealerships and haven't found any yet in the DMV. There are a lot out there, so who knows. I have talked to a couple of people on this forum and they said they hit up as many as they could find and couldn't find a dealer that would take it.

I am looking to order a camaro know and would love to find one.
It's one in Michigan that says they accept suppliers disc and that they can ship locally. Usually wouldn't deal with a long distance dealer of course, but this ain't just any old car as you know. I'll send you the info if I can find it again.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
Swift

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I used my Discount at Jack Winegardner Chevrolet in Fort Washington MD right off indian head highway. I walked in with my discount printed out and they accepted it no questions asked and no haggling. The dealer I got was named Dwain he was a great guy.
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
volboy23

Drives: an SS.....
Was that on a car you ordered or one they had there? I talked to them and they said the ones on the lot were all over sticker and I just left it at that.
3000, Order accepted by production control: 9/9/09 TPW 9/28/09
3300, Order scheduled for production: 9/18/09
3400, Order Broadcast: 9/26/09
3800, Produced: 10/3/09 A9152630
4000, Available to ship: 10/3/09
4B00, Bayed: 10/3/09 - pending stripes
4200, Shipped: 10/8/09
5000 (Delivered to dealer): 10/20/09
6000 (Delivered to customer): 10/21/09 WOOHOO!!! So worth the wait!
volboy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
Swift

I ordered my Camaro 2SS from them 5/14 and picked it up on 8/13 i went in with my GM Discount and ordered it fully customized in May.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:33 PM   #7
BlackCamaro
"Does it come in Black?"

Great info. I ordered mine about a week after you, still won't see it until end of October, and I'm paying MSRP even though I qualify for the suppliers.

This makes me ANGRY!!

I'm going over there tomorrow and seeing if they'll do the same deal for me. About how much did the Suppliers disc. save you?
Old 08-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #8
Swift

saved me about 2k probably even more since they aren't allowed to charge a mark up with the supplier discount.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:35 AM   #9
BlackCamaro
"Does it come in Black?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
saved me about 2k probably even more since they aren't allowed to charge a mark up with the supplier discount.
Thanks for the tip, but I went by there yesterday and they said NO WAY to accepting the Supplier's Disc. I had my cert printed and everything. They said they pretty much pay MSRP to get the Camaro's they have now. And on top of that they're backed up for at least 4-5 months, so they really can't even guarantee I'd see one this year, and said I'm probably better off in line where I'm at. Oh well... They did have a nice custom body shop in there though. They pretty much do anything aftermarket you can dream of (racing stripes, lambo doors, machine gun headlights, etc., etc.).

You musta caught them early & offguard. Looks like I'm sticking wit MSRP tho for now. I'll keep looking tho

Old 08-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #10
Swift

Dang that sucks man, I guess i got them early enough before they got back ordered. Yeah if you read the FAQ's at https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/i...do/tab_hrtools It says this.

Can I receive this discount from any GM Dealer?

This program is available through all participating U.S. GM Dealers and is voluntary on the part of the dealers. Dealer participation is on a vehicle line basis. Please inform your dealer of your intention to use the GM Supplier Discount during your first contact with your dealer. If your dealer elects not to participate, you may visit another GM Dealer.

I guess i just got lucky cause when i went in they only had about 4 people in front of me ordering Camaro's but now they have about 30+ in line.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #11
Schlok

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #397 2022 ZL1 #1799
I bought my Camaro in Michigan and got GMS (GM employee) even though I am not a GM employee....
Schlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #12
Dans2SS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
I hate DMV dealers. I was looking at the G8 GXP and watched several sit on lots for months. I asked about supplier discount and was told 'no dealer will honor that' for the GXP. 2 more months passed and I asked again. Dealer told me it was 'only 2K' and not to 'let 2K stand between me and 415 HP'......

I responded that I wasn't letting it stand in the way, they were. And if it was 'only 2K' why doesn't he pay it or take it off the price. He quit responding to me.

I think I ended up with a better car though. The extra room in the rear seats would have been nice, but the family doesn't ride in the Camaro that often so its no big deal.

BTW what did you think of the Ft. Washington Winegardner's custom shop? I had seen some work they did on a vette a while back. And I want to get my stripes painted on. But I looked at 2 Camaros they did and wasn't impressed by the work on those cars.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #13
BlackCamaro
"Does it come in Black?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans2SS View Post
I hate DMV dealers. I was looking at the G8 GXP and watched several sit on lots for months. I asked about supplier discount and was told 'no dealer will honor that' for the GXP. 2 more months passed and I asked again. Dealer told me it was 'only 2K' and not to 'let 2K stand between me and 415 HP'......

I responded that I wasn't letting it stand in the way, they were. And if it was 'only 2K' why doesn't he pay it or take it off the price. He quit responding to me.

I think I ended up with a better car though. The extra room in the rear seats would have been nice, but the family doesn't ride in the Camaro that often so its no big deal.

BTW what did you think of the Ft. Washington Winegardner's custom shop? I had seen some work they did on a vette a while back. And I want to get my stripes painted on. But I looked at 2 Camaros they did and wasn't impressed by the work on those cars.
I seen that yellow SS they had with the Black Stripes being prepped when I was there. The stripes were laid on well, but I didn't like that shiny plasticky look they had, I would definetly pay the premium to get them laid on at the factory if I wanted stripes (I ordered an all Black Cammie though, and I don't like any color on that... Maybe grey). But I'll probably have them lower my ride about a 1/2 inch that's about it. Thinking about an aftermarket exhaust too (I'm getting a 2LT), but haven't riden in a factory Camaro yet, so I don't know if I'll still want one.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
Dans2SS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
That was the other thing. I like the flat look of the decals but they said they couldn't do that. The stripes would have to be gloss. Wonder if we saw the same car. I looked at a yellow one up there the beginning of this month. I thought they could have done a better job on the stripes. There were high spots you could feel. And you could see where the paint bled over the tape and the line wasn't sharp. And they fact they wanted almost double what other shops said it would cost.