Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #15
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
i read in the manual for my 20" rs package with pirellis that they came with run-a-flats that you could drive on for 30 miles at 30mph
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #16
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
i read in the manual for my 20" rs package with pirellis that they came with run-a-flats that you could drive on for 30 miles at 30mph
I think they're supposed to be run in conjunction with the tire kit. I don't think they'll necessarily run flat. Not that I've tried, nor would want to subject my polished rims to that.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:22 PM   #17
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
I believe it was designed so that you could temporarily inflate your tire with the kit and it would get you to the nearest gas station.
lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #18
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCT View Post
Well the one I was looking at had the RS package. However, the spare wheel thing is what was on their web site, and you know how dealer web sites don't always get all the options right. You're probably right lee, I don't see them making a spare big enough to work with the RS kit, and fit in that trunk. Apart from anything else the trunk opening on a Camaro isn't big enough to get a spare tire in <JK>
I have a 2ss rs with the 20 inch polished wheels.I did not feel good about the pump so I purchased a 20 inch front tire and rim(new take off) and put her in the trunk,and yes it does fit thru the opening.Tilt and downward and thru the hole she goes.Fastened it down with crossed ratchet straps to the rear welded in tie down in the trunk.Purchased a Gorilla breaker bar and socket kit with self storing bag and put that in the safety net.Last but not least purchased a scizzors jack from harbor freight and put it in a lap top carrying case.Yes it does take up some space but You can change it and go.Won't do a wrecker much good if the tire is not available & your tire is not repairable as some have found out.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:46 PM   #19
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Wink 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_go_bills View Post
I believe it was designed so that you could temporarily inflate your tire with the kit and it would get you to the nearest gas station.
You assuming that the gas station have someone to fix it ,right?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #20
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer56 View Post
I have the spare with my 2LT/RS with the 20" wheels, fits in there just fine...for me, it was worth the piece of mind if I ever get a flat to have it available..I ordered it when I ordered my car....a $150.00 option
+1
Old 08-30-2010, 09:51 PM   #21
cmore

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Auto 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy56 View Post
I have a 2ss rs with the 20 inch polished wheels.I did not feel good about the pump so I purchased a 20 inch front tire and rim(new take off) and put her in the trunk,and yes it does fit thru the opening.Tilt and downward and thru the hole she goes.Fastened it down with crossed ratchet straps to the rear welded in tie down in the trunk.Purchased a Gorilla breaker bar and socket kit with self storing bag and put that in the safety net.Last but not least purchased a scizzors jack from harbor freight and put it in a lap top carrying case.Yes it does take up some space but You can change it and go.Won't do a wrecker much good if the tire is not available & your tire is not repairable as some have found out.

Thanks for the information.
cmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:16 PM   #22
buzzy56
buzzy56

STILL IN THE TRUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmore View Post
Thanks for the information.
She is still in the trunk and thank goodness I have not had to use her yet!Knock on wood.Along with the OEM car cover/bag and a sports collapsible chair and a folding bleacher seat.Yes they do fit.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:20 PM   #23
cmore

So I am guessing the top of the tire sits up in the trunk area. So the space u loose is in the trunk storage space.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:01 AM   #24
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post

The Pirelli's that come on the Camaro are NOT run-flats

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:13 PM   #25
buzzy56
buzzy56

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmore View Post
So I am guessing the top of the tire sits up in the trunk area. So the space u loose is in the trunk storage space.
Yup the tire sets on the top floor of the trunk.Will not fit in the hole.But you do what you have to do.It is safe and convienient if I have a flat.Change and be on my way.Thats is what I wanted.No kids,(at home)no clubs,travel light and luggage in the back seat if need be.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:18 PM   #26
cmore

Thanks buzzy56