Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-27-2012, 02:55 AM   #1
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Computer Prank

Old 04-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
Himmler

Drives: 2010 Victory Red SS
nice
Himmler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Here is a nother one that will get them going too....but their computer needs to be up adn running already and they are away for a bit......

Ok....for starters.....ther are a LOT of people, meaning MOST people don't know or raelize that the task bar at the bottom of the screen can be MOVED. thats right, moved and place it another location.

FIRST you close all programs so all your looking at is the desk top. Then move your cursor all the way to the right so you can see it at all.

Take a SCREEN SHOT, if you don't know how, with the cursor as descriped abive, hit the "PRINT SCREEN" key on the top row. What actualky does is place an image of your screen on the clipboard.

Now, open up any image edition software of your choice, or you can even use "PAINT". Do a PASTE and the image will appear. Do a SAVE AS and name the file and place in it in its own folder on teh drive.

NOW. go back to your desktop and do a RIGHT CLICK, and in the box that pops up click on PROPERTIES at the bottom.

Select the "DESK TOP" tab. uUse the BROWSE button and find the file you just saved and select it as the new desktop.

NOW, with that all done. Move the cursor to the task bar at the bottom of the screen. hold down the LEFT mouse button and drag the tool bar to the top of the screen.

THEN step back and wait till the person to come back.

It will appear that NOTHING WILL WORK!! as they try to CLICK on ANY button/link or shortcut on the screen NONE of they will work, as what they are actually looking at is a screen shot of their desktop, not the REAL desktop.....we had a guy at work going ROUND AND ROUND even tried rebooting his computer time and time again......

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 04-27-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
But if it's set as a screen saver, when they move the mouse the screen saver will go away so you won't fool anyone.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
I think he meant to say "Desktop Background". And yeah, we pulled that prank on our Sr. Systems Admin and he didn't know what the hell was going on or why nothing would work. Good times, good times...
Old 04-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Best computer prank is to connect to the C$ on their computer and browse to their desktop folder. Right click and go to properties on one their browser shortcut (internet explorer, firefox, etc.) and put this in as the target:

%windir%\system32\shutdown.exe -r -t 00 /force

Now every time they try to open their web browser using that shortcut their computer will reboot. Did that to a guy at work and he thought he had a virus. That will teach him to take my soda out of the refrigerator.

Last edited by Tysen; 04-27-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Tysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #7
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Oldie but a goodie!
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
But if it's set as a screen saver, when they move the mouse the screen saver will go away so you won't fool anyone.
ok.....its been a while and I goofed up......yep you take a screen shot and then make it the DESKTOP, THEN move the task bar to the top.....geeeeez its been a long day!! lol

I went in and fixed my GAG.....it will work as posted now!!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
I think he meant to say "Desktop Background". And yeah, we pulled that prank on our Sr. Systems Admin and he didn't know what the hell was going on or why nothing would work. Good times, good times...
LOL yep its been a long day but I fixed my post.....thanks for keeping me straight!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #10
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
Best computer prank is to connect to the C$ on their computer and browse to their desktop folder. Right click and go to properties on one their browser shortcut (internet explorer, firefox, etc.) and put this in as the target:

%windir%\system32\shutdown.exe -r -t 00 /force

Now every time they try to open their web browser using that shortcut their computer will reboot. Did that to a guy at work and he thought he had a virus. That will teach him to take my soda out of the refrigerator.

Must...resist...
Old 04-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #11
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
LOL yep its been a long day but I fixed my post.....thanks for keeping me straight!!!

Same here, just got through a "not so friendly" call with a remote user. It's all good though