Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 11-19-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Thumbs down Radley Chevrolet in Fredericksburg Va scores and "F" in quality!

OK, here is my rant!

I go in to order my car back in October 2008. I am their first order. I get hit with a 2500 markup. I keep looking and find a different dealer (Luck Chevrolet in Ashland Va) who is ordering and selling the car at MSRP. I call Radley, they took less than 1 minute to call back and tell me to come pick up my deposit. I did, and water under the bridge.
They are 5 minutes away from my home, so I start taking in to them for service instead of driving 50 minutes to my dealer. I take it to them for my ambient lighting and a clunking noise from the front when I back up on a slope or turn the wheel from a stand still. The lights on the two panels do not match. They replace the light because the service manager was not listening. Afterwords the same issue. They say "sorry, you are just being to picky". We are not going to fix it. If GM denies the claim they will be out the money. I call GM and they call my original dealer and want me to take it back there. Radley also told me they told me they did not heae any noise in the front. So I say, "it will break, and I will be back then".
I choose not to take it back to Radley Chevrolet in Fredericksburg Va. There service department is too big to take care of people properly. They just do not listen. So, I need an oil change now. I call my dealer (luck Chevrolet in Ashland VA) and schedule for maintenance. I bring WKDFIRE in and drop it off. I inform them of the issues I have been having and they state they will check it for me.
Here is the big difference in service. Luck Chevrolet asked me questions to determine root cause. They asked me to come back to the bay to make sure the issue was what they thought it was, and they ordered the parts to fix it when they could not see any reason why it was not right. The clunking noise has a PI from GM, so they ordered two struts, and will install them when they arrive. The ambient lighting was not acceptable to them, and after verifying the issue and checking the light tube for proper seating they determined it must be the panels. They ordered them as well and will install them as well.
Radley gets an "F" for there dealership from start to finish in my book. I was talking to a person in the parking lot three days ago. I came out of Bloom and a guy with two kids were circling WKDFIRE like buzzards checking it out. I remote started it, and you just saw the grin go across his face and the kids just said "whoa"! He was talking to me saying he was looking into purchasing one. He just went to Radley Chevrolet in Fredericksburg VA and they would not let him test drive it. They told him they just do not let people test drive the Camaros and Corvettes. They told him if he wanted to order one he could get MSRP pricing, but if he wanted to buy the one on the lot with 800 miles on it he would need to pay 2500 markup.
The guy was disgusted with them and reserved to the fact it was not time to buy a Camaro. He would stick to his trucks he is accustomed to. I informed him about Camaro5 and CamaroScotty. I also informed him about Jim Hogge at Luck Chevrolet. I told him Radley Chevrolet in Fredericksburg Va is a poor dealership in all aspects, and by shifting where he shops he should have a renewed faith in GM. I let him check out the car and I went home.

I just do not understand why some dealerships will see a problem and not fix it. I had a discussion with Karen Radley herself. I guess it is how she wants the dealership to run. I know it is successful, but at the cost to it's customers. Radley Chevrolet in Fredericksburg Va is in it for the money only, and the customer service is very lacking. Good luck and good riddance. I will not be going back unless my car is required to be towed there due to it being the closest spot from where it dies!
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Service is one of the reasons why I would rather buy local, if possible, then pay less out of state.

There are some great dealers on this website offering below MSRP but they won't be the one's servicing my vehicle.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
That's not right. On behalf of local dealers and GM, please let me be the first to apologize to you for the treatment that you received. I don't expect you to travel to MD for service, but I can assure you that there are dealers out there who care, and focus on customer service.

I'm glad that Luck is doing a great job for you.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #4
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Where can I get information on the front end clunking noise?
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #5
RAdams
Car Guy

Drives: '08 Mustang GT, '01 Isuzu VehiCROSS
I hate hearing stories like this. I've never had anything but incredible customer service from GM. I bought my almost new 99 Firebird from a Mercedes dealer and would take it to whichever GM dealer was the closest without any hassle. One night after detailing, the handle for the T-Top fell off and I took it to the late night Chevy service center. He knew exactly how to fix it and didn't even bother with paperwork since it only took about 5 minutes. Ditto for my Monte Carlo & Regals - whichever GM branch was closest always took care of my GM vehicle.
RAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
benjaminkeith
Uber Member

Drives: 2SS/RS Blk/Blk 6spd
Send a message via Yahoo to benjaminkeith
I agree with your assessment of Radley 100%.

I have stories about them, but I don't really have the time to type novels.

To anyone in the area of Fredericksburg, VA, AVOID Radley and their CRAPPY service department.

Thank GOD I'm moving to North Carolina tomorrow!
3000, Order accepted by production control (5.7.09)
3100, Order available to sequence (5.14.09)
3300, Order scheduled for production (6.16.09)-TPW 6.29.09
3400, Order broadcast (6.30.09)
3800, Order produced (7.02.09) - 2G1FT1EWXA9123955
4000, Available to ship (7.06.09)
4200, Shipped (7.06.09) - RC# GTW 310094
4800, Rail Ramp Unload (7.22.09)
5000, Delivered to the dealer (7.23.09)
6000, Delivered to the customer (7.23.09)
benjaminkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #7
edog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
I have not been able to find it yet. My dealer informed me there is a PI on the clunking noise. If you are having the issue I would take it to your dealer and let them know about it. Inform them there is a PI, and they will find it.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
Old 11-19-2009, 01:08 PM   #8
edog

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminkeith View Post
I agree with your assessment of Radley 100%.

I have stories about them, but I don't really have the time to type novels.

To anyone in the area of Fredericksburg, VA, AVOID Radley and their CRAPPY service department.

Thank GOD I'm moving to North Carolina tomorrow!

WOW, I hope you have a good move. I am sure you will enjoy NC. It is a beatiful state. You can drive your Camaro more also due to the mild winters.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #9
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
I don't know why some dealers are dicks about warranty work and others are just great.
I had a 1987 Cougar XR7 and I was going down the highway and had my sunroof not open, but in the up position in the rear. I hear this funny sound, look up and the sunroof was gone. Smashed all over the highway. Took it to the dealer where I bought it and said I must have done something to it for that to happen. WTF?? Went to another Mercury dealer, they replaced it under warranty without any problem.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #10
NoUCantDriveIt

Drives: 2SS RS M6 CGM/Black Rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
Do you have that clunking on your front end?
Old 11-19-2009, 01:33 PM   #11
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
I'm gonna say I'm just as picky as you when it comes to my car and I've been servicing my car at Buff Whelan (my dad's friend is the service manager). Let me say they have perfect customer service, very helpful and nice people and deal with every single one of my little tiny complaints and handle it in a timely manner. Not once has my car stayed there overnight, and at one point I didn't have a ride to pick it up and all their drivers were out and one of the guys came and picked me up on his break. After the last problem I had with my car was fixed I bought everyone there lunch to show my appreciation.

Rick (the service manager) was joking about me with how picky I am and said they don't mind doing it because they get their money from GM and they're top priority is to make sure everyone's happy which is great. I didn't even buy my car from them but I recommended them to my aunt and she went and bought a new Malibu from them shortly after.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:34 PM   #12
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoUCantDriveIt View Post
Do you have that clunking on your front end?
I had that noise in my rear, it was a spacer and a lug for the rear axle, they just released the fix for it maybe a month ago.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #13
RoyalKev

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Ive had that clunking nose to when I back up into a parking spot, scared the heck out of my one time thought I side swipped the car next to me.
RoyalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #14
edog

I know your stomach was turning until you got out and looked.