Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #113
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I think that rear bolt you sent me is the same size as the front bolt on the LLT.

I actually think you can use that MAP sensor on some gauges that are sold. I remember seeing one gauge that used a GM map.
This is good info to know.

You're talking about for a boost gauge, right? If so that could be pretty cool for FI guys that make the swap? I can't see that the NA guys would have much use for it?

Hoping for some good results tonight! As you've mentioned a couple times already, the tuning is somewhat limited for you, which sucks, and was my main concern when I sent you the stuff to test. It seems like every time you change something major it takes quite a while to get the best out of it, whether you're waiting for remote tuning, or chasing the meth. For the most part, this trial has gone pretty smooth. It hasn't set the world on fire by any means, but it doesn't seem like you're pulling your hair out with it.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #114
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
This is good info to know.

You're talking about for a boost gauge, right? If so that could be pretty cool for FI guys that make the swap? I can't see that the NA guys would have much use for it?

Hoping for some good results tonight! As you've mentioned a couple times already, the tuning is somewhat limited for you, which sucks, and was my main concern when I sent you the stuff to test. It seems like every time you change something major it takes quite a while to get the best out of it, whether you're waiting for remote tuning, or chasing the meth. For the most part, this trial has gone pretty smooth. It hasn't set the world on fire by any means, but it doesn't seem like you're pulling your hair out with it.
Yeah, for FI guys, that way you don't have to T off the boost signal line that goes to the BPV.

Tonight is definitely the last night I am taking the Camaro to the track this year, the track is also open on Sunday and I'm taking my 5.0 there that day. Even though this Camaro is annoying, it has respect at the track. It can beat stock V8's by a second and it looks worse because I can get a good reaction time.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #115
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
I just want to say Thanks to Jason and Magnum Force , What i great thread here ,I been lurking and have learned so much from you guys . I hope this works out to be a nice Mod to add in the future , Good Luck at the track and thanks for all the hard work . Beating Stock V8's is so Awesome . Something all us V6 guys and gals truly smile when we hear that .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:17 PM   #116
MagnumForceGB

That manifold made a huge difference in my 60' times, 2.039, 2.053. Before I was good with a 2.1, and this is with the engine hot. I took temps after a run, 120 manifold, 180 valve covers, 380 headers. That is a lot of heat under the hood. My oil temp is over 250 now so I have to cool down. Those 2 runs were without meth and the top end suffered, timing was pulled too much. 107 then 104. If I was on a standard pulley I probably would be fine, but I'm overboosted by 3 psi.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:23 PM   #117
MagnumForceGB

Also, my IAT in the charge pipe before the throttle body was reading 120 degrees, engine timing pulled hot. The intercooler is not working as well, might affect others without meth.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #118
Jason@JacFab

Well, I guess that establishes that you need at least some meth with your setup?
Old 10-24-2014, 09:12 PM   #119
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Well, I guess that establishes that you need at least some meth with your setup?
I think so, my boost comes earlier. I might also be sucking oil from my catch cans. I managed to get a 13.246 @ 109.8. The car bogs too much off the line, takes a while before the car gets going. The shifts also suck completely. The top end and start are fine, it is the area between 3000-5000 that needs work.

I'm not coming back out here till I get 3.91 gears, the centrifugal robs too much torque down low. Some one just laid oil on the track so my night be done again.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:31 PM   #120
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
try the vitasse controller, it took away all lag at the start, but you have to have good rubber to hook
Old 10-24-2014, 11:06 PM   #121
MagnumForceGB

Will have to look into it over the winter.

Only got one more run in before another dumbass blew his engine and caused so much oil the guy beside him wrecked.

The LFX Manifold flows just as well as the ported LLT manifold, my top end is the same. Outside of that, I have to work on the supercharger issue. On the drive back home after traveling 75 mph on the toll road then coming to a stop and flooring it, the car felt perfect, the top end power was insane, more than I ever felt at the track. Will have to see about getting an oil and transmission cooler over the winter.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:21 PM   #122
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
ARrrgghhhh....I so wanted you to hit 12s!!

We all know the car can do it....but its just so stubborn at the track.

As for the Vitesse controller....lots of good reviews on that one. Sycraft did a review as well. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381593
Old 10-25-2014, 02:18 AM   #123
Jason@JacFab

I'd say if you had one more race I'd send you my throttle controller to try...
Old 10-25-2014, 07:59 AM   #124
MagnumForceGB

The track is open on Sunday but I'm going to take my Mustang so I can end on a high note. My V6 was running the same time and speed as a stock Boss 302 Mustang (has the exhaust I want, true quad).

I'm actually going to try a transmission cooler first, the engine might be making all the power it can but the transmission could be slipping badly since the temps get extremely bad. I also might look into doing header wrap on my headers, they put off too much heat.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:28 AM   #125
MagnumForceGB

I definitely need a diff that has LSD, last night I got grass on my rear tires after a run so I went to do a burnout to clean them off on an access road. Right side looked great, was nice and clean, the left side looked like it spun just a hair but not as fast as the right one. The 1LE differential will take care of that.

I don't know if MACE is even making ported LLT manifolds anymore, but I would stay away from them. The filler is starting to become brittle on mine again, that is the reason I am going with the LFX manifold. It has the same flow but no oil filler to worry about coming out. I don't know if I will have Jason port mine, but if there is interest I may send it to him to get ported after I get a few runs next year done to do a before-after test.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:57 AM   #126
MagnumForceGB

I just purchased this intake manifold from Jason officially, it is mine. Even though I didn't get the gains I was hoping for, it helps solve one piece of the much large puzzle. My engine runs too hot for the high compression ratio it has, the manifold helps air going into the chamber from being too hot, but now I have to see how hot the oil temperature really is and cooling the transmission oil. I know I need a transmission cooler but I will have to run the car hard then let it sit to see if my intercooler is heatsoaking as well.

I did go to the track yesterday in my Mustang 5.0, got into the 12's with it so I know what a 12 second car feels like. When my Camaro is cooled off, it runs just as hard as my Mustang, but at the track it dies. One temperature that is sky high is the transmission (oil is calculated off the engine coolant temp I believe). It will not cool down either until I've driven at least 10 miles at highway temps.

Going to keep working at it, but it will be in my IPF thread. If anybody has any questions for me about this LFX Manifold on a LLT engine, just ask. It was a real simple install, same as installing the LLT manifold.