Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #15
jordan 572

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
That one vents to atmospere. Do not plug the line to it or you will overboost. If you get a boost controller then you will use that port.
Just figured out how that works thanks.
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #16
jordan 572

Quote:

Yes, I think you should only have the BOV and one WG.

The solenoid should only have two wires a Red and a Black. The gauge is the one with a Orange(scramble boost) and a Grey(optional warning light). You can use the Orange wire to reduce boost to WG pressure or to increase boost to higher than WG pressure at the flip of the switch.

I have the Orange wire hooked to the water/methanol kit so if it faults for any reason(low on meth, pump failure, clogged nozzle etc.) it will reduce boost to WG(low 7-8psi) pressure.
Can't you turn down the boost low enough just using the pod to hit whatever you wastegate spring psi. What exactly does scramble boost even mean? Thanks again for the help, pretty much have it all figured out now.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #17
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
Can't you turn down the boost low enough just using the pod to hit whatever you wastegate spring psi. What exactly does scramble boost even mean? Thanks again for the help, pretty much have it all figured out now.
The scramble seeting is just that another setting, just pretend it is setting C. The difference is it is temporary when you ground the Orange wire. With settings A and B you have to hold the button for a couple of seconds for it to go to that setting and it stays in that setting until you switch to the next setting ot turn it off.

With scramble mode it works on the fly. You can be at a lower setting and during a run immidiately activate the scrable mode for higher boost. So your WG spring can be 10psi, setting A 14psi, setting B 18psi and scramble 12psi etc.

My lowest setting right now is 7-8psi that is waste gate(WG) spring pressure. With the controller set at its lowest I should be about the same. So if the meth stops working for whatever reason it will default to low boost. If meth is spraying normally I can hit higher boost levels up to whatever I want.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #18
jordan 572

Quote:
The scramble seeting is just that another setting, just pretend it is setting C. The difference is it is temporary when you ground the Orange wire. With settings A and B you have to hold the button for a couple of seconds for it to go to that setting and it stays in that setting until you switch to the next setting ot turn it off.

With scramble mode it works on the fly. You can be at a lower setting and during a run immidiately activate the scrable mode for higher boost. So your WG spring can be 10psi, setting A 14psi, setting B 18psi and scramble 12psi etc.

My lowest setting right now is 7-8psi that is waste gate(WG) spring pressure. With the controller set at its lowest I should be about the same. So if the meth stops working for whatever reason it will default to low boost. If meth is spraying normally I can hit higher boost levels up to whatever I want.
So basically you would only use it if you don't want to hold the buttons to adjuat boost? Instead you flip the switch and it is instant? And I take it you can set setting "c" to any boost you want. Other than being instant then is there any other benefit. The biggest benefit I would see is how you have it set, to go on if your meth failsafes. Thank you again.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #19
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Any of the settings(A, B or Scramble) can be set from 10% duty cyle to 90% so you can set them as low as WG pressure and up to whatever it takes.

Yes, you can use it to go into high/low boost mode instantly or as a safe mode if you have a meth kit or something to wire it to.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #20
jordan 572

Okay, I have 7 lbs springs in now, if I am going to do a boost controller I would like to install the 5 lbs springs I have so I have the most range. How far can you increase boost by with the aem controller? I am going to have my car tuned for 97 octane (using torco) and want to be able to run low boost if I run into a 87 octane only situation.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #21
CTR_2_SS

Drives: 2000 Honda civic type-r
From my experience with the tru-boost gauge from aem, you can go up to 21psi. But it has been a hot minute since I messed with the one in my civic. So I could be wrong about that fact. As far as how high you can turn up the boost, it depends upon certain variables such 1)what type of tune your running; was it dyno tuned, or road tuned. If it was dyno tuned did you have you tuner take into account for how you drive. I.e. Using your data logger to fine tune ecu parameters.
CTR_2_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #22
CTR_2_SS

Also how much boost can the spring handle. As far as running 87 octane instead of 93 octane fuel, don't because may run into trouble by doing that. I would set the boost as high as I can on 87 octane, and not touch the boost controller.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #23
Crime2
Got Boost?

Drives: 2010 1SS RS
Did you ever install the Tru Boost? Getting one installed in a couple of weeks and was curious to see what you think of it.
Crime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #24
CTR_2_SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crime2 View Post
Did you ever install the Tru Boost? Getting one installed in a couple of weeks and was curious to see what you think of it.

Yes I have installed the gauge. It's a pretty solid boost controller, when compared to compared to others in the under $500 price range. Although if your willing to spend a little more get a turbosmart e-boost2. Reason being that it allows for dyno tuning of the controller for you set up. Which allows for more response throughout the powerband of your engine.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #25
Crime2
Got Boost?

Drives: 2010 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR_2_SS View Post
Yes I have installed the gauge. It's a pretty solid boost controller, when compared to compared to others in the under $500 price range. Although if your willing to spend a little more get a turbosmart e-boost2. Reason being that it allows for dyno tuning of the controller for you set up. Which allows for more response throughout the powerband of your engine.
I already order the TruBoost so I think I am going to stick with it. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. If it is spelllled wrong, deal with it.
Crime2 is offline   Reply With Quote