Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-15-2010, 09:11 PM   #155
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
BWP,
I don't know why I got the strange color like that. I am thinking the flash bounced off of the windshield and my garage door which was down. I also have a fluorescent light in the garage that is discolored yellow which may also contribute. I will check it out tonight and see if it appears like that in the ambient light. Someone else noticed it too.
It might look pretty cool if you had gold stripes and the console gold, but thats my opinion. Make it your own!
Attached Images

Old 12-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #156
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWProductions View Post
It might look pretty cool if you had gold stripes and the console gold, but thats my opinion. Make it your own!
Funny you should mention that... I was looking at the Camaro Fuel Door on the car and it just doesn't quite look right to me. Plan A - Mask and paint the fuel door so that the outer section is IOM, the square center section is painted matching the stripes (gold pearl), and the CAMARO lettering is IOM Orange. I would leave the simulated screw heads as they are...chrome.

What do ya'll think? Keeping in mind that this fuel door is NOT really billet aluminum and more like pot metal from what I can tell. At this point I almost like the factory plain door better because it is not high quality billet.
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:02 PM   #157
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Quote:
Funny you should mention that... I was looking at the Camaro Fuel Door on the car and it just doesn't quite look right to me. Plan A - Mask and paint the fuel door so that the outer section is IOM, the square center section is painted matching the stripes (gold pearl), and the CAMARO lettering is IOM Orange. I would leave the simulated screw heads as they are...chrome.

What do ya'll think? Keeping in mind that this fuel door is NOT really billet aluminum and more like pot metal from what I can tell. At this point I almost like the factory plain door better because it is not high quality billet.
I think thats a great idea, Make it unique, and your own! That color scheme would look awesome together!!
Old 12-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #158
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod55 View Post
Just saw your picture, and boy you sure got a big smile on your face, we can all relate to that. Great looking car. Hope to see it when I come your way. I will be driving my daily driver, because I have to bring my tools (golf clubs). So many golf course and so little time ha,ha.
It has been three days and I havent been able to get rid of the wrinkle marks from the smile. I just want to stay home and play with Orange Krate but alas...my wife says I must work! My face hurts from smiling and my jaws are sore maintaining that look of disbelief...not quite the deer in the headlights look, but might as well be! HA HA

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #159
20101LTRSCG

Drives: 1LT RS CGM
Quote:
I thought I was going to be admitted to the senior home before this car got home!

He is a good looking young man and very agile and strong right out of the box! I hope to see him grow up and mature to the true athlete he is.

Thank you for your kind words. I got this warm fuzzy feeling while driving him home and I knew it was that "secret handshake" share by all Camaro owners. The warmth that comes from walking with and shaking the hands of a champion and winner! A special shout out to OSHAWA and the production crew! You did a damn fine job on Orange Krate and he whispered to me that you all were going to get something extra in your stocking this year.

Thanks Swede and Blondie! I feel very very blessed today and everyday. The love of my life (Erica) is the one to really blame for getting me through this midlife crisis! And giving me the nod to go ahead and go for the gusto.

It is quite the CULT isn't it.
Orange Krate found his first crush today while visiting me at work!!! (Photo below) I told the other owner (Terry) to see if they snuggle. Maybe in about 9 months we will have a baby Z!

The good times are officially rolling with the entire TPW 11/15 group! Hard to believe we are through the process. This birthing stuff is tough business!

Thanks! I really like match painted ground effects. Simple, mean looking but yet color coordinated elegance at the same time. Stripes will happen at some point. I don't know exactly when yet but soon.
Cami felt very comfortable around her new found friend "Orange Krate" She really wants to go out sometime and see a little of the countryside!

One could only wish for little camaros in 9 months! I would love to have an Aqua Blue Metallic But don't think it possible with CGM and IOM! hahaha
20101LTRSCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #160
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
It has been three days and I havent been able to get rid of the wrinkle marks from the smile. I just want to stay home and play with Orange Krate but alas...my wife says I must work! My face hurts from smiling and my jaws are sore maintaining that look of disbelief...not quite the deer in the headlights look, but might as well be! HA HA
Hey Orange Krate, just stopping by to say HI and had to laugh about
your "getting rid of the wrinkle marks from the smile". Good to hear you're
having fun, that's what it's all about. Can't wait to see the stripes. The
pics you posted at one time look awesome. Happy Holidays to you and don't be a stranger. LOL
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #161
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20101LTRSCG View Post
Cami felt very comfortable around her new found friend "Orange Krate" She really wants to go out sometime and see a little of the countryside!

One could only wish for little camaros in 9 months! I would love to have an Aqua Blue Metallic But don't think it possible with CGM and IOM! hahaha
I love that ABM color too! There are so many combinations! All winners!

I can think of two names for cars that I would use in a heartbeat! They have been used many times but I still like the names:

"Moody Blues" and "Thunder Bunny"

My friend had a built 69 El Camino that was named Moody Blues and painted with rich midnight blue metallic and sky blue pin striping, and Thunder Bunny was a bright orange metallic flat bottom boat with a blown 427 rat. It purred and jumped out of the water like a jackrabbit on the prairie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Hey Orange Krate, just stopping by to say HI and had to laugh about
your "getting rid of the wrinkle marks from the smile". Good to hear you're having fun, that's what it's all about. Can't wait to see the stripes. The pics you posted at one time look awesome. Happy Holidays to you and don't be a stranger. LOL
Thanks for stopping Becky! I haven't forgotten about you! And you helped prime the pump with the positive vibes and Permagrin promotions! Perhaps you should enlarge that Yellow Smiley and put it as a sign outside your office that says "Permagrins sold here". That might just peak some curiosity! I will be taking mucho photos to be sure. It is suppose to start raining here tomorrow and rain through Christmas!!! RATS!!! The holidays are really sad for some folks so I truly truly truly count my blessings and know all of this could be gone tomorrow. BUT at least I can say that I had my Orange Krate and I can check the box off on my bucket list.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-17-2010, 12:54 AM   #162
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

First Night Out!

I had a very long day which started at 4 AM and saw me flying to Catalina Island on a helicopter! It was work related but still pleasurable. I got home at 6:00 PM and received a text from a long time high school buddy, Dave Z., whom I have known since the late 60s. He is from Reno and in town for his second grandchild's birth (anytime). I decide that since it is not raining I will take Orange Krate up to the hotel and take Dave for a spin since he has been reading about the car. Much to his surprise and mine as well, he is absolutely nuts over the car. That says a lot because he is a MUSTANG nut. I accepted his compliments in the highest order because he is a staunch Ford guy. The Camaro wins yet another friend over from the Ford camp and it is a great testimony as to the caliber of this car. Thanks Oshawa! Thanks Chevrolet and GM!

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-17-2010, 06:10 AM   #163
earn88hardt

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro SS
Don't forget this one....... WHITE LIGHTNING ...... nice car too! orange is great.
earn88hardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #164
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earn88hardt View Post
Don't forget this one....... WHITE LIGHTNING ...... nice car too! orange is great.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #165
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Very awesome my Camaro brotha, glad to see he (Orange Krate) finally made it home. I still say where is my baby blue cigar lol? I have the ground effects package as well, check out the MBRP square exhaust tips for your new baby.
andredmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:07 PM   #166
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Blue Cigars??? How about Picture Flood? IOM Style!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andredmg View Post
Very awesome my Camaro brotha, glad to see he (Orange Krate) finally made it home. I still say where is my baby blue cigar lol? I have the ground effects package as well, check out the MBRP square exhaust tips for your new baby.
Yep...I went everywhere looking for stogies! But to no avail. I have found and ordered a couple of boxes on the internet! I will be passing them out along with official birth announcement that is being written even as I type! LOL Have some fun with my Orange Krate!

BTW..Get ready for a picture monsoon! Starting NOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

MORE TO COME. YOU CAN COUNT ON IT!!!!
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA

Last edited by Orange Krate; 12-19-2010 at 04:24 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #167
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Seriously, SO NICE!! I love the little mods that you have done already!

By the way, have you thought about ordering a body color antenna from BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet? It would look great on it!

Last edited by BWProductions; 12-18-2010 at 12:20 AM.
BWProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:57 PM   #168
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by senadin View Post
Gorgeous car! I guess you beat me to the line! Dealer called tonite and i was at work and couldnt answer.... when i called back it was too late. I actually drove to my dealer tonite after work and obviously everyone was gone.... But... There was a tractor trailer who was unloading some vehicles!! The guy wasnt around or else i would have asked him if he dropped off an IBM LT RS... Now i cant sleep! Put more pics of your car, that color is sweet as hell! Btw, you need to change that "Coming soon"! =D
Thanks Senadin! I have updated signature and put a slug of photos up and more coming if we could ever get past this rain and gloom! Liquid sunshine in So Cali!!!

Simi Valley, CA