Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #239
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
....sorry but we're putting the final touches on NAIAS so I was not able to get on the site for the past couple of days -- but I started to read thru the IDL thread -- and DEAR GOD there is WAY too much mis-information out there.

Camaro Greg -- Please stop trying to 'interpret'.... While I believe your motives are honest and and well-meaning, you are -- perhaps unintentionally -- misleading people with some of what you are saying. I don't have the time to print off the thread, but there are just too many things that you -- and other people are 'interpreting' and most of it's wrong...............

Thoughts:

1. The one month delay is to bring you the BEST POSSIBLE Camaro ever....Let me assure you that the 'easy' thing to do would be to build the car -- get your money -- and then have you bring the cars back for 'little dissatisfiers' -- which, in reality would be upsetting to most people that they had to take a new car back for service -- .......and we are NOT willing to do that. The Camaro team feels that we need to sweat every detail on this car so that you will be completely satisfied at delivery - but MORE importantly -- you'll still have that grin on your face years after delivery.

BELIEVE ME - no one wants to 'delay' a start-up -- but we are doing this in YOUR interest as well as ours. (.....we could use the money right now....but it isn't worth it to ignore little nuances that need to be addressed.......)

2. We are NOT focusing only on V6s. We understand -- and frankly, are blessed -- that we have so many Camaro enthusiasts that have turned this car into a lifestyle -- (and some might say: addiction!)

Now for a personal comment: whomever feels we don't care about enthusiasts is living in a vacuum.
I could list for hours the things we have done to involve our valued enthusiasts in everything about this car........from electing "the 12 disciples of which there are 15" to sharing information about this car LONNGGGGGGGGGG before we -- or any other manufacturer -- has done ....EVER........

I have personally put in thousands of hours of my own time to keep the community together -- and to try and keep the faith within the community. I don't expect anyone to thank me -- or to 'cowtow' to me -- I chose to do it because, like you, I LOVE THE CAMARO -- and it was -- and is -- the right thing to do.......but when I hear someone say "GM doesn't care about us" I get a *bit upset*......

We ARE going to provide each dealer with a new Camaro -- for many reasons: We want people to come in and sit in the car -- to drive the car -- to fall in love with the car -- and to order the car of their dreams -- and we're doing it with the V6 car because we KNOW that a large percentage of our enthusiasts want a V8 engine -- so rather than build a 'stock' V8 -- we'll build V6s for stock -- and build V8s to get you your 'sold' order as soon as we can.

I know for a fact that many dealers have asked us to build them a 'stock' car so that they can have a "Camaro Celebration" with their local Camaro clubs. And -- it's no surprise that most of these cars will be Silver -- because, you see -- the Silver Concept blew people away --even people who would never normally consider a Camaro as their 'car of choice' -- and the production car is a dead ringer to the concept --......

.....oh - by the way -- CAFE will play a role in future years of the Camaro -- but right now, we're safe.......

We are not **completely stupid** -- we KNOW how badly you want your new Camaros -- and it's our intent to do whatever we can to get them to you ASAP -- BUT - we won't ship cars until we're confident that we've taken care of any outstanding issue.

Now -- I must warn you -- John, Cheryl and I are going to be tied up with NAIAS for the next several days -- so we won't be able to come onto this site at will and answer your questions - and if the thread goes to a couple of hundred posts -- I won't be able to read 'em all.......

What I would simply ask you to do is know that:

>We are BLESSED to have you as a Camaro Enthusiast
>We want your new Camaro to be the best car you've ever owned..
>We only wish we could see the grins on your collective faces the first time you get behind the wheel -- turn the key -- and drive at a *lively pace* out of the dealership.
>We are working long into the night to address any issues that we feel need to be addressed before shipping new Camaros to you.
>We want to sell as many Camaros as possible -- because that allows us to work on a 6th gen........but to do that, we also know that the car has to appeal to more than just enthusiasts -- and that's where the V6 comes into play.......

Thanks for your continued patience -- I think you'll find the wait was more than worthwhile..........
Thanks Scott.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #240
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Bought a Lexus IS 350 in Nov. 2007. Won't make final payment till Dec 2009. I refused to pre-order my Camaro due to GM financial problems. When I buy mine next January I will be getting black on black 2SS and load it out with anything offered. I have no choice to be patient because of the Lexusb but I was shocked to read so many talk about jumping ship due to a delay of a month. Production date has stayed the same for practically 2 years and if you've waited this long, one month will be cake. You're not fooling anyone, (you know who you are) about canceling orders or buying something else. You just got pissed and threw a fit. I thought they scrapped the convert. From what I read, maybe not. I read this every day and am very familiar with alot of you. I just read for about a year and then joined about 6 mo. or so ago and this is my first post. Hey guys, lets just let this thing play out. If you've ever bought something and later wished you had waited for the better model, or bought off the lot and settled on color or an option or two due to impatience then you should be glad that you're being forced this time to wait a little longer for something better. I bought a 67' in 1986 when I was in high school and had a 74' a few years later. I never bought the fourth Gen cuz I thought it was ugly. (I know. Blasphemous!) This is Camaro and as sad as you all were when they discontinued, how much happier will you be that first time you are washing and conditioning it until daylight turns to dark and you take it out on the town.
I don't have a problem with one month but some of the rumors are that it will be next year before they can deliver all the 2SS's. I would absolutely cancel if I knew that I'd be waiting till next year for delivery, but then I would get one next year either off the lot or reorder, I do love the car. It's not that I mind waiting for the car or that I need to be first with it, but I feel mislead by GM for offering a preorder and all this hype and then not keeping me informed or doing so in a half-ass manner. By this late date they should have a handle on what is happening with this car and they should release the info in a way we can understand, good or bad. We shouldn't have to be searching threads trying to decipher what they meant. Clarity, thats all I'm asking for.

Oh, and welcome to the site!
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:03 PM   #241
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
I'm sorry but this whole situation is unbelievable! I don't really care about the delay it's only a month. The fact is we've known about this car since Winter 2005. It will be almost 3 1/2 years since we all layed our eyes on the concept, by the time half of us get our cars that we ordered.
As of today it has been three years and one day since the Concept was unveiled on Jan. 9, 2006, it was OK'd for production in Aug. 2006, I think quite frankly that Chevy has made excellent time from Concept to production, has been more forthcoming with information than any new car introduction I've ever followed, has had one production delay of 30 days announced, will build all of the pre-orders as quick as they can and still get production ramped up to supply the dealers. Take a deep breath and count to ten!!
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #242
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
nothing wrong with the IS 350 dude...The IS-F is sick...Lexus does make a really nice car.

Anyhow, I have a strong feeling that a lot of the people that are claiming to jump ship never even ordered one to begin with.

As far as ABL goes, there are no facts yet, so end it.

The 50/50 split is not true! STOP POSTING ABOUT IT!

The cars will come, people will buy them, but GM does take it's weet time getting things out. ie the Cruze. With the way business is these days, GM needs to really get these on the roads now. The Chevrolet line-up will be great soon, but is soon good enough?

Think about it...
Cruze (good-bye cobalt)
Beat (won't miss you Aveo)
Malibu
Traverse
Groove (peace out HHR)
NEW equinox (see 2010 model)
Camaro
Corvette (C7 needs to come sooner than 2014)
Tahoe/Suburban/Avalanche (with a half life revamp)
Silverado (see above)

that's one hell of a line up, right? Now if they could just do seomthing with the God-awful Impala and the Colorado, they'd really be on to something. If you take a look at all the vehicles that debuted in or after 2007, they really are building things better than ever before, but honestly, the Camaro should have been burning gas a year ago and we should all be posting videos of our Camaros blowing the doors off of the ricers (and Mustangs, and Challengers) by now.

Sorry about the rant...

But seriously, the Camaro will be here soon...let's all just be thankful it's coming out at all.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #243
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Then perhaps it's time for you to talk to your Congressmen and Senators!
Clyde
I've tried, but I'm outnumbered by freeloaders who want handouts and free houses and food, etc.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #244
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrocker View Post
nothing wrong with the IS 350 dude...The IS-F is sick...Lexus does make a really nice car.

Anyhow, I have a strong feeling that a lot of the people that are claiming to jump ship never even ordered one to begin with.

As far as ABL goes, there are no facts yet, so end it.

The 50/50 split is not true! STOP POSTING ABOUT IT!

The cars will come, people will buy them, but GM does take it's weet time getting things out. ie the Cruze. With the way business is these days, GM needs to really get these on the roads now. The Chevrolet line-up will be great soon, but is soon good enough?

Think about it...
Cruze (good-bye cobalt)
Beat (won't miss you Aveo)
Malibu
Traverse
Groove (peace out HHR)
NEW equinox (see 2010 model)
Camaro
Corvette (C7 needs to come sooner than 2014)
Tahoe/Suburban/Avalanche (with a half life revamp)
Silverado (see above)

that's one hell of a line up, right? Now if they could just do seomthing with the God-awful Impala and the Colorado, they'd really be on to something. If you take a look at all the vehicles that debuted in or after 2007, they really are building things better than ever before, but honestly, the Camaro should have been burning gas a year ago and we should all be posting videos of our Camaros blowing the doors off of the ricers (and Mustangs, and Challengers) by now.

Sorry about the rant...

But seriously, the Camaro will be here soon...let's all just be thankful it's coming out at all.
You're right. It appears it's going to be 100/0 to start so they can get a V6 to each dealer first. After that, it again appears that they will do whatever split is necessary to fill our orders. After that, the market will dictate, most likely in favor of the V6's.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #245
Haloman1346
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
See we do have something to be upset about. You are right, Mazda doesnt have an "insider" working for them on a forum letting people know about a car thats coming out. But look at it like this....

3 Years ago, concept art hits the internet, and people chubbed up.
2ish years ago, Chevro rolls out the Concept, and everybody changed their underwear.
2 years ago. Transformers come out, with a 20?? Camaro, and everybody went insane.
2 years till now. Camaro has been EVERYWHERE, from car shows, to cable TV (My Worst Enemy).

GM has done nothing but swing a cookie (Camaro) infront of a child (Us) and waved it around. Giving us a taste of the camaro with brochures to color chips, to computer mice to die cast toys. Its EVERYWHERE.

And now we hear this bull crap from GM?? Why should we not be pissed off?

You're telling us that they are trying to build us a "Perfect" car. Well why cant you put in a HUD system, or get rid of something as simple as the sharks fin?? OR AMBIENT LIGHTING???

As I stated before, GM is waving something in our face, but delaying it/ shafting us who ordered a v8 back in October. Thats why I'm upset, and I have every right to be.
Haloman1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:15 PM   #246
VICTORY RED 1SS
booyaah

Drives: VICTORY RED 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
His order is in Canada ....there were NO 6 digit numbers entered and workbench is not part of the process up here.

I believe he will have his car well before anyone with a V8. He will have his before mine out here on the "wet " coast.
Uh, hate to be the one to tell ya but I got an workbench confirmation number in November when I ordered just like the US guys....
VICTORY RED 1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #247
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
You're right. It appears it's going to be 100/0 to start so they can get a V6 to each dealer first. After that, it again appears that they will do whatever split is necessary to fill our orders. After that, the market will dictate, most likely in favor of the V6's.
Where's the official GM Press Release that says this?

Until I see one this is all hot air. I don't trust anyone anymore.

P.S. This also does not address the fact that people in small towns or snowy areas will get HOSED by the allocations scheme. If I lived in Maine or Colorado I would be sweating bullets right now and I'd probably be just inches away from PUNCHING the next person that says "If your dealer is out of allocations, go to another one!"

Some people only HAVE 1 or 2 delerships within driving distance!! Give me a break!

But I digress. I want someone to point me to the press releases where all this "good news" is coming from.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #248
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I don't trust anyone anymore.
WHAT????

CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #249
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloman1346 View Post
See we do have something to be upset about. You are right, Mazda doesnt have an "insider" working for them on a forum letting people know about a car thats coming out. But look at it like this....

3 Years ago, concept art hits the internet, and people chubbed up.
2ish years ago, Chevro rolls out the Concept, and everybody changed their underwear.
2 years ago. Transformers come out, with a 20?? Camaro, and everybody went insane.
2 years till now. Camaro has been EVERYWHERE, from car shows, to cable TV (My Worst Enemy).

GM has done nothing but swing a cookie (Camaro) infront of a child (Us) and waved it around. Giving us a taste of the camaro with brochures to color chips, to computer mice to die cast toys. Its EVERYWHERE.

And now we hear this bull crap from GM?? Why should we not be pissed off?

You're telling us that they are trying to build us a "Perfect" car. Well why cant you put in a HUD system, or get rid of something as simple as the sharks fin?? OR AMBIENT LIGHTING???

As I stated before, GM is waving something in our face, but delaying it/ shafting us who ordered a v8 back in October. Thats why I'm upset, and I have every right to be.
You have every right as a consumer to be upset for whatever reason, however in GM's defense nobody is being shafted here. Yes, the price of the 2SS V8 Camaro that we all currently agreed to pay at MSRP with our dealers is supposed to include the ambient lighting. A simply fix to the situation if ambient lighting is not offered for whatever reason would be to lower the 2SS and 2LT price by whatever the cost was of the ambient lighting.. If a delay of 1 month is what is mainly bothering you, then that isn't much of a delay at all to me. We've all been waiting around for years now for this car and Scott and company have given as much information as they could up until now. Sure there are many company secrets they cannot share and so many things that are going on behind the scenes we all will never or should never know about. However when it is all said and done, GM is doing their best at the moment to regain consumer confidence and come out with a superior car that surpasses its competition within the same price range.. With the camaro, they will be doing just that as the Mustang will not have IRS, will be more than 100HP less and be priced roughly the same. The Challenger is priced higher and also has less power and features.. The 370Z is priced the same as the base SS and will be good competition on the track stock vs stock even though it is a V6. Last but not least, the V6 Camaro looks almost exactly like the concept which is sure to attract many Transformers fans to at least want to go take a look at the car at the dealers.. So a one month delay to fix whatever last minute issues have come up with production is not a big deal in my eyes.. This will give me one more month of savings for a down payment... My advice is to go and take a chill pill and relax That includes you to Captain Awesome...
Old 01-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #250
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
WHAT????

I trust you Scotty !

You agree with my assessment above based on what you saw yesterday?
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:30 PM   #251
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
WHAT????

I have NO IDEA what's what here anymore. I see info from people that CONTRADICTS the IDL video... I see people who saw the video contradict each other. I see people from GM contradicting the video and the dealers.

In all, I see a huge mess.

Also, now I see that what it all boils down to is that some people are ABSOLUTELY going to be waiting until October to even get an allocation. No matter how nice people try and make it sound, there will be MANY people out of that 8,000 ordered who will NOT get a car because of the allocation politics until AFTER october.

Sure, a lot of people will get them before then... but because of allocations and that nonsense there will be people in some areas who will be able to walk in off the street in April, place an order for an SS, and they will get it MONTHS before some enthusiast who ordered last October.

TOTALLY UNFAIR.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #252
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Also, now I see that what it all boils down to is that some people are ABSOLUTELY going to be waiting until October to even get an allocation. No matter how nice people try and make it sound, there will be MANY people out of that 8,000 ordered who will NOT get a car because of the allocation politics until AFTER october.

Sure, a lot of people will get them before then... but because of allocations and that nonsense there will be people in some areas who will be able to walk in off the street in April, place an order for an SS, and they will get it MONTHS before some enthusiast who ordered last October.

TOTALLY UNFAIR.
Thank you! At least some people here haven't ignored the facts. Preorders should be "first come, first serve" based on the Workbench time.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote