Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #71
tobalt

Drives: IBM L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpaintballordie View Post
thank you all, hopefully ill be able to get a new one time for an upgrade blacked out SS i hope
Glad you're safe dude. Amazing how well the car was built to take a licking and keep the driver safe. Upgrade to the SS, and get the TF3 stripes, T2 ports, and High Wing Spoiler
Old 12-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #72
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Great to hear you are safe and sorry about your friend. :(

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:04 AM   #73
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
I'm glad to hear that you're OK - sorry to hear about your beloved Camaro -

Thank you for your kind words - the Camaro team takes your safety very seriously - and that's why our engineers worked so hard to ensure that the Camaro would receive a 5 star crash rating in all catagories.

Your accident illustrates just how fast an accident can occur - no matter how much we pay attention, there are others out there -- and this but one reason why we equip our cars with so many safety features - including stabilitrak which defaults to "On" each time you get behind the wheel.

My sincere condolences on the loss of your friend who perished in another accident.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:23 AM   #74
fuzzrush

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS 02 Frontier Crew Cab
Glad your okay get another one and live the dream of building another one again
fuzzrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:32 AM   #75
RetroXI
ME9ATRN

Drives: 2011 White 2SS/RS
your ok, you'll get a new one, hell you'll even get an ss more than likely! so relax, recover, and get ready for your new beast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beescuz View Post
My son is in 4th grade and every night he has to read for 20mins. He reads aloud to me Camaro 5, Camaro Performance, Motortrend, RC cars, and etc ever night.
RetroXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #76
GhostOutlaw

Drives: Black 2011 2LT/RS
An old camaro dies, a new ZL1 is purchased with insurance money!
GhostOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #77
crsr1

Drives: Camaro
Glad you're alright. Car's are replacable, life isn't!
crsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #78
ljones

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
Whoa, glad that you are ok. Material things can be replaced.

Always go to the doctor after a crash, even if all seems fine. I had something similar, thought I was good, turned out, i had a featured plate in my back... which hasn't been an issue until the last couple of years.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:31 AM   #79
Oneflyenyceguy
Hmm...Something Clever

Drives: Blac on Blaq on Blak 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpaintballordie View Post
Last night I was leaving a friends house heading back onto the island from bluffton on highway 278, a couple days ago one of my friends were telling me how the camaro has a 5 star safety rating in every category and I was impressed but I wasn't thinking anything of it.

I was just getting to the intersection at Buck Island Road and I was doing around 57 mph in the far right lane. I saw this car in the opposite direction making a left turn to turn down buck island road, and wasn't thinking anything of it.

I was assuming they were going to slow down, to check and make sure they were clear to go, next thing I know I look over and their just making the turn, in the middle of the intersection about to hit me head on. I swerved to try to avoid the impact but it was to late. They hit me doing at least 50 mph broad side in the drivers side door. I spun out for a little and landed about 400 ft. Away from the other car in the grass. After realizing what happened I patted myself down to see if anything was broken or anything and then checked on them.

The drivers side door caved in about a foot to two feet, the front tire blew and the whole drivers side was demolished. But I walked out of the car totally unharmed, the only thing is I'm a bit sore from the seat belt but nothing serious. The fire department EMTs arrived and thought they had to cut me out of the wreckage and everyone was amazed at how bad of a wreck it was, but how I was totally unharmed.

I just wanted to share this story with everyone at Chevrolet and everyone ay the camaro5 family, chevy has been in my families blood threw generations and I realized why, they make amazing, safe, gorgeous cars.

I just wanted to say "thank you will all my heart chevy" for your guys smart studying and determination to make a safe car it really paid off for me in my case, you guys saved my life and I can't thank you enough

Last week my friend passed away after loosing control of her BMW and clipped a tree, and I'm fortunate that I was in a camaro during that event if I was in anything else I could of been seriously injured.

Thank you all again, and thank you for your time.
Man 278 has and always will be a dangerous road. I grew up in the area (simmonsville rd)

Adjustments: 20% tint all around, Emblem Pros Dash plaque, Rockford Fosgate P-300/12
Oneflyenyceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:58 AM   #80
SabotAndHeat

Drives: 2010 Camaro
"Bee" took one for your team.
SabotAndHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #81
Hotwheels426

Drives: 2013 2ss hot wheels camaro vert
glad your alright..i also drive 278 everyday..see at least 1 wreck a day....
Old 07-24-2014, 11:39 AM   #82
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Thread Resurrection from 2011!!!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #83
sstephen17

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS BRM
Good to hear you are ok. Chevy should think about making a commercial around your story, highlighting how safe their cars can be, especially the Camaro.
sstephen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:10 PM   #84
Mrpaintballordie

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstephen17 View Post
Good to hear you are ok. Chevy should think about making a commercial around your story, highlighting how safe their cars can be, especially the Camaro.
I'd be happy just knowing they somehow read this