Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #29
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
I don't use a photobucket account, but that makes sense, as several of the photography forums I belong to mention that photobucket at times displays the images different, for whatever reason.

I have a account through www.fatcow.com, I get my own domain name (I use to run a 1950's rock'n roll website), I simply upload all of my photo's there. It is $99 a year, but worth it to me, as my email accounts also come from here.

The shots you just posted are great, the car is sharper. I like me some sharp images, with the subject tact sharp, but again, that is a personal preference, sometimes depending on the scene, a soft focus on the subject works.

Some might say my images are too sharp also. (me and my son debate this all the time, he actually has more HDR experience then I do)

Here is a HDR image of my Chantilly Lace, I don't think anybody really snapped that it was, but the HDR was subtle enough to pull out more detail in the shadow areas.

This image was tricky, as I was in a garage, if I exposed for the car, the blue lights got blown out, if I exposed for the blue lights, the car was too dim, the scene under exposed, so I wound up shooting 3 exposures (mild ev changes) and made a very subtle HDR image to make the overall scene more pleasing, and bring out some shadow detail in the black paint of the car, also maintaining very sharp focus.

This was shot with my Sony A65 using a 35mm f/1.8 prime lens.

That's good to know about photobucket. I may need to look around for another photo hosting site (but I probably won't find much better from free sites).

Those pics are crisp and clean! Sharp photos come out great; I think I'm just used to softer edges from when using watercolor and washes in art class in high school. Even when I do photoshops, I deliberately use a blur brush around the edges to tone them down a bit...
Old 11-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #30
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post

Those pics are crisp and clean! Sharp photos come out great; I think I'm just used to softer edges from when using watercolor and washes in art class in high school. Even when I do photoshops, I deliberately use a blur brush around the edges to tone them down a bit...

Everybody should have their own style, this is yours and it is perfectly fine.

If we all shot the same, it would all look the same, and becoming boring rather fast.

I shoot in manual mode and control all settings on my various camera bodys.

I tend to shot with fast primes, as I sometimes want my subject razor sharp, and my background blurred. For this I shoot with a wide aperature.

I will leave you with 2 more subtle HDR images shot with a wide aperature, drawing in my subject and blurring out the background.

hope you don't mind the images, I don't mean to highjack or clutter up your thread, I just found it of particular interest to me, and again I look forward to more of your work.

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #31
LoneStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
Everybody should have their own style, this is yours and it is perfectly fine.

If we all shot the same, it would all look the same, and becoming boring rather fast.

I shoot in manual mode and control all settings on my various camera bodys.

I tend to shot with fast primes, as I sometimes want my subject razor sharp, and my background blurred. For this I shoot with a wide aperature.

I will leave you with 2 more subtle HDR images shot with a wide aperature, drawing in my subject and blurring out the background.

hope you don't mind the images, I don't mean to highjack or clutter up your thread, I just found it of particular interest to me, and again I look forward to more of your work.
I don't mind at all; it gives me something new try next time.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #32
Imdyinhere
Keeper of the Gold Acorn

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Great images. Give me a shout the next time you are out shooting. You have a great eye and I would love for you to take some shots of my car. The pics on the garage top are stunning and would love one or two to frame and hang in my office.

And I promise to clean under the car.
2011 RJT 2SS/RS - Kooks 1-7/8 Long Tubes, High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, MTI Short Throw Shifter, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Fasster Billet Fuel Rails & Custom Braided Vapor and Fuel Lines, CAI Cold Air Intake, RX Catch Can, Nitto Invos, Hawk HPS, BMR Trailing Arms, 2x Zapco ST4x-SQ amps, ST850x-II Sub amp, Morel Tempo 6 componenets, Morel Maximo 6x9, Morel 124 Primo Sub, Zapco DSP8Z Processor... More to Come.
Imdyinhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #33
LoneStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdyinhere View Post
Great images. Give me a shout the next time you are out shooting. You have a great eye and I would love for you to take some shots of my car. The pics on the garage top are stunning and would love one or two to frame and hang in my office.

And I promise to clean under the car.
Thanks! Next time we're out at a meet, let me know and we can also find a location for pics (that's what we did after the club meeting).
Old 11-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #34
blade_ss

Drives: '12 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & 05 Mazda3
Awesome pictures. I want to be able to take shots like that. What types of programs do you use for post production. Ive always wondered what it takes to get pictures like that.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #35
LoneStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_ss View Post
Awesome pictures. I want to be able to take shots like that. What types of programs do you use for post production. Ive always wondered what it takes to get pictures like that.
Thank you! I'm using Corel Paint Shop Pro. It's a pretty affordable program compared to some of the others on the market. Regular price is $99, but Best Buy periodically has it on sell for $40-50.

On top of that, I also merge 3 different images (HDR photography) with different exposures to get more of the details that tend to get lost in the dark and overexposed areas.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #36
blade_ss

Drives: '12 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & 05 Mazda3
Quote:
Thank you! I'm using Corel Paint Shop Pro. It's a pretty affordable program compared to some of the others on the market. Regular price is $99, but Best Buy periodically has it on sell for $40-50.

On top of that, I also merge 3 different images (HDR photography) with different exposures to get more of the details that tend to get lost in the dark and overexposed areas.
Thanks I will have to try that out when I get my new camera.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #37
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Great Photos

Man these are great shots.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #38
LoneStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_ss View Post
Thanks I will have to try that out when I get my new camera.
You're welcome! Post pics after you try it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGER BEE View Post
Man these are great shots.
Thanks!
Old 11-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #39
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
awesome pictures bro. what lenses do you use to take pictures with? Im a noob when it comes to photography but im planning on buying a canon t3 to get started.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #40
LoneStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanfont View Post
awesome pictures bro. what lenses do you use to take pictures with? Im a noob when it comes to photography but im planning on buying a canon t3 to get started.
Thanks!

I'm just using the standard 18-55 lens that comes with the Canon camera kits. I'd like to get a better lens but other things are usually higher on my "want" list.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #41
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Thanks!

I'm just using the standard 18-55 lens that comes with the Canon camera kits. I'd like to get a better lens but other things are usually higher on my "want" list.
Yea I know what u mean. I want a good camera but when I see other mods I usually buy that instead lol