Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
Xtreme

Drives: '10 RY 2SS/RS
Pracitice With My New PC and Adam's

Decided to use my daily driver (2001 sunfire) as a test subject before I get to carried away on the Camaro. I've owned this car for 4 years now and I will admit, some of this damage was caused by me before I started to learn about proper detailing but most was caused before hand.

So what can 10 years of improper car washing cause.. well..

I know.. Run for the hills!! This is one heck of a nightmare. (and this is only a section of the hood)

After some SHR, a little bit of FMP, and some MSW, I can prove Adam's is amazing stuff.

I made 4 passes, up, down, side-to-side (not sure if that's what everyone means when they say passes), and I removed and re-applied the SHR 3 times to see the progress and how much more needed to be done.

Now, I know it is not perfect and I wasn't aiming for perfect here, just some practice. And the final result:

There are still some scratches but nothing compared to what it was like. I would probably need to spend 2 nights on just the hood to get this cars paint back to perfection.

As a side note. I have done my best to protect my Camaro's paint and minimize any scratches till I was able to pick up the PC kit from Adam's. 98% of the swirls on the Camaro right now are from the dealer as it was a floor model. At least the swirls on the Camaro are no where even close to being this bad, so it should be a lot easier to work on.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Looks good! Can't wait to get one for mine too! We are lucky to have bright colors so they don't show as much, lol.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
redirish

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS/M6
Looks much better. What kind of lights are you using to show the swirl marks?
redirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
That definitely is an improvement! Yep, I run the PC side to side, and up and down and I consider that 1 pass. One of the important things is to take your time and not rush it.

Looks good though!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
Xtreme

Drives: '10 RY 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by redirish View Post
Looks much better. What kind of lights are you using to show the swirl marks?
After I was done with the area I pulled the car out of the garage to take a look in the sun.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #6
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Nicely done! Thats a crazy amount of improvement... and solid proof that the guys with white paint are just as doomed to deal with swirls as those of use with black paint are.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote