Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-11-2014, 11:34 PM   #1
SStodo8

Drives: Summit White 2SS
Apex 1.25inch springs installed

I had been looking for a suspension mod for sometime, that would get me through the Chicago roads, as a daily driver. I spoke with Chase at Apex a couple of times explaining my needs and he was more than patient in giving me suggestions and references to review. I went with his recommendation and purchased on Monday with delivery on Wednesday!

After seeing some before and after pics of a 1 inch drop I thought a 1.25 inch would take me where I may not want to go as a daily driver, but surprisingly the feel of the car did not change. After install I was being very careful going over railroad tracks and bumps on the road but the ride did not feel any different to my stock suspension. I was also worried about my TSP headers scrapping but have more than enough clearance wherever I go. I have been driving, since install, the way I was driving with the stock springs and the car feels and looks great!

I am very happy with my decision and I appreciate Chase at Apex for assisting me and taking the time to answer my questions.

I enjoy the new stance and gazing at my car as I walk away!

Before:

After:

TSP 2inch header clearance:

Apex/PFADT Springs:

Last edited by SStodo8; 06-12-2014 at 12:35 AM.
SStodo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:46 PM   #2
Goran
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
What kind of Springs are those and what's the price if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2014, 08:30 AM   #3
zfuzz

Drives: 69 Z28 / 12 ZL1
It appears one of your front springs is missing one of the two isolators. Any noises coming from the springs? New stance looks perfect !
zfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:08 AM   #4
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
very nice! i know i love mine.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #5
SStodo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
What kind of Springs are those and what's the price if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
They are the Pfadt springs now made through Apex. Apex has a great deal on them in the marketplace section: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353482
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfuzz View Post
It appears one of your front springs is missing one of the two isolators. Any noises coming from the springs? New stance looks perfect !
I did read that but have not had that issue. No squeaks for me. Driving 400 miles roundtrip this weekend will update if anything like that shows up. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2014, 06:09 PM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SStodo8 View Post
I had been looking for a suspension mod for sometime, that would get me through the Chicago roads, as a daily driver. I spoke with Chase at Apex a couple of times explaining my needs and he was more than patient in giving me suggestions and references to review. I went with his recommendation and purchased on Monday with delivery on Wednesday!

After seeing some before and after pics of a 1 inch drop I thought a 1.25 inch would take me where I may not want to go as a daily driver, but surprisingly the feel of the car did not change. After install I was being very careful going over railroad tracks and bumps on the road but the ride did not feel any different to my stock suspension. I was also worried about my TSP headers scrapping but have more than enough clearance wherever I go. I have been driving, since install, the way I was driving with the stock springs and the car feels and looks great!

I am very happy with my decision and I appreciate Chase at Apex for assisting me and taking the time to answer my questions.

I enjoy the new stance and gazing at my car as I walk away!

Before:

After:

TSP 2inch header clearance:

Apex/PFADT Springs:
Looks great! Thank you for your order.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:21 PM   #7
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Stance looks great .
Old 06-13-2014, 12:30 PM   #8
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Like the stance and wheels, getting ready to put mine down too.. 1.25" looks good

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #9
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
Stance looks great .
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5Legend View Post
Like the stance and wheels, getting ready to put mine down too.. 1.25" looks good
Old 06-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #10
Str8_W8
Deadlift King

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Ride quality vs stock?
Str8_W8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:17 AM   #11
Pro Stock John
Writer

Drives: 2010 SS / 1967 Camaro
1.25 looks great! If you get a chance can you PM me what you payed for labor and alignment? I'd probably go to Deerfield for that work too.
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #12
SStodo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8_W8 View Post
Ride quality vs stock?
Good Question. I drove the last leg of the Power Tour, with 3 passengers in the car, and they explained that it was a comfortable ride. The ride still feels the same to stock, which is why I enjoy these springs. I did hit a construction area, bumps and holes felt like stock nothing that I had to change my way of highway driving. The parking for the Power Tour, in Wisconsin Dells, was on a golf course and the curbs and hills I cleared very well with no divots. I drove a little over 1000 miles, since install, and the ride still feels great with all the worries I had on a 1.25 inch drop, gone.

My alignment guy, at Deerfield Tire in IL, did a great job on setting the car up perfectly as well. Which I believe also helps having the alignment done by someone who has worked on 5th gens and owns one. Not that others can not do it, but my comfort level was increased when I spoke with Garret from Deerfield Tires and their recent 5th gen customers.

I enjoy the "stock like" ride as a daily driver and I believe you will to.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:47 AM   #13
Str8_W8
Deadlift King

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SStodo8 View Post
Good Question. I drove the last leg of the Power Tour, with 3 passengers in the car, and they explained that it was a comfortable ride. The ride still feels the same to stock, which is why I enjoy these springs. I did hit a construction area, bumps and holes felt like stock nothing that I had to change my way of highway driving. The parking for the Power Tour, in Wisconsin Dells, was on a golf course and the curbs and hills I cleared very well with no divots. I drove a little over 1000 miles, since install, and the ride still feels great with all the worries I had on a 1.25 inch drop, gone.

My alignment guy, at Deerfield Tire in IL, did a great job on setting the car up perfectly as well. Which I believe also helps having the alignment done by someone who has worked on 5th gens and owns one. Not that others can not do it, but my comfort level was increased when I spoke with Garret from Deerfield Tires and their recent 5th gen customers.

I enjoy the "stock like" ride as a daily driver and I believe you will to.

Just so I'm not double posting, I replied on a different thread in regards to the springs. Post #41
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post7750963
Str8_W8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #14
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8_W8 View Post
Just so I'm not double posting, I replied on a different thread in regards to the springs. Post #41
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post7750963
Like SStodo8 said in his post, nothing else is needed to achieve a proper alignment. There is one photo of a 1LE that does look like the nose is a lot lower than the rear but that is not the norm. That picture almost looks like only the front springs were installed. The drop is even all around.

The BMR springs you are referring to are actually 1.4" in the front and 1" in the rear. They are designed to create the racked look with the rear a little higher than the front. It does not require Konis but it never hurts to upgrade your dampers with the springs.