Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-11-2011, 03:43 AM   #1
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to lordfriday2
Americas Got Talent

I'm a big fan of the show, but after finally catching up with this season on HULU i'm absolutely appalled that they would let the little 6 year old thug gangstar futer prisoners of america group "sh'boss boys" actually go through to "hollywood" instead of the extremely talented "white" kid that could dance absolutely amazingly.... i'm sorry if you think i'm wrong, however i'm sure that any race can "wisten to the wadio and hear some wapping" and do a little jig and get through on this show now... so give it a shot next year! you just may be the next best thing!! ...
lordfriday2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:01 AM   #2
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
There's a lot more to the decisions than "talent". My goddaughter and her dance group were on AGT last year, made it to Vegas, then got cut. After the show was over, a producer told my best friend (goddaughter's mom) that the group didn't make for good television because the group was too large - they had to do wide shots to get the whole group, and zooming in made them lose the dance itself. So - it's more about making an interesting TV show than it is about talent - so much for "reality" in reality TV.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
Berean

Drives: Truck
I didn't like either one of those kid acts.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
There's a lot more to the decisions than "talent". My goddaughter and her dance group were on AGT last year, made it to Vegas, then got cut. After the show was over, a producer told my best friend (goddaughter's mom) that the group didn't make for good television because the group was too large - they had to do wide shots to get the whole group, and zooming in made them lose the dance itself. So - it's more about making an interesting TV show than it is about talent - so much for "reality" in reality TV.
What was the group called?
Old 07-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Kinda like the fat guy who dances that made it to hollywood...

It just makes for good TV... and that is what they are interested in.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
Future MDPilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Kinda like the fat guy who dances that made it to hollywood...

It just makes for good TV... and that is what they are interested in.
He is not fat, just densely boned .

It's all about the ratings. I'd rather watch this fat dancing guy than a singer, for example.

Ratings = money.
Money = happiness
Old 07-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #7
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
I dont like the fact that the allow LITTLE LITTLE kids on these shows, heck, what will happen in the kids life 5yrs from now.

My daughter & her best friend are talking about doing it next year, I DO NOT know about it. my daughter will be playing the keyboard (which I didnt know until after we watched the first couple shows that she even played)

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #8
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Any of those acts that have true talent are being approached by agents as they leave the building, I'm sure. That little boy who danced was so cute, he told his little girlfriend back home "I love ya" on national tv. Too cute.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote