Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #43
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Not really. v6 cars aside

Standard ss > standard gt

Standard SS and track pack GT...well we are still discussing lol but it is close. I would summize an edge to the SS if you cant produce some major changes to suspension components like the fe4 in camaro

1le > track pack gt or even the boss

zl1 > gt500 and boss on a track. z28 > gt500 as well.

About your riff on the zl1. Yes it is somewhat lacking in a straight line compared to gt500...but we are discussing handling.

A zl1 that is 300 lbs heavier and down nearly 100hp but manages to out do a gt500 on a track. Whats that say about mustang vs Camaro chassis handling capability?

Why do you have to go down that road and rip on the mans car? You are laughing at his zl1 when you own a mustang gt? Don't start getting sour...just having a discussion here.

So have you ever taken a look at the lap times from say Laguna Seca? Look at where the Camaro ZL1 and GT500 fall in on that track as it's much different than all these trendy as of late Ring times. They paint a much different picture of how these cars actually compare to each other. All of the Mustangs short comings could be cured by running a bigger tire on all four corners but they don't, so be it.

With that being said I could buy a ZL1 tomorrow if I really wanted to but I don't. After being a GMFanboy for so long it isn't even on my top 10 list of cars I'd thinkabout if I had $60K to waste. Given this is personal choice the attitude several ZL1 owners sport on here is a joke, which is why I said what I did.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #44
Cody6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novie LE View Post
It would be a lot easier to post links to your claims rather than writing paragraphs that don't say anything. Please show us all these changes.
Please don't use the term "us" when you're talking about two people.

Last edited by Cody6.2; 10-27-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #45
Cody6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I have tried and I am not finding it. I am only finding to the contrary. Why else would I ask for your sources? If the changes are so drastic...so drastic in fact that they have done even more than fe3 to fe4 it should be easy to find. I can find in one simple search about the camaro changing to fe4 and the changes that it implies. Everything I am finding on the mustang are non-suspension changes such as the torsen, cooling etc etc. Not finding suspension component changes.

Just because the part numbers have changed does not mean the parts are all that different. Could be different suppliers now, could be a minor change in the parts not necessarily affecting the performance like a grease fitting etc...could be a lot of things.

Educate us...
You're trying way too hard to look like the smart on here and it's getting beyond annoying. First of all the FE3 to FE4 upgrade was nothing more than polishing a turd. The FE4 suspension is what should've came on the car from day one. Even then it's silly that you keep arguing as the FE4 came along due to R&D on the ZL1. Which is why the components of the Brembo Package suspension has changed as the Boss302 and revised GT500 hit the streets.

The fact that you keep bringing up cooling upgrades and the Torsen differential is reason enough you should just quit arguing. Neither of them have anything to do with changes made during a period they weren't even available. Fact of the matter is the Brembo Suspension of 2011 isn't the exact same as 2014, period.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #46
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
You're trying way too hard to look like the smart on here and it's getting beyond annoying. First of all the FE3 to FE4 upgrade was nothing more than polishing a turd. The FE4 suspension is what should've came on the car from day one. Even then it's silly that you keep arguing as the FE4 came along due to R&D on the ZL1. Which is why the components of the Brembo Package suspension has changed as the Boss302 and revised GT500 hit the streets.

The fact that you keep bringing up cooling upgrades and the Torsen differential is reason enough you should just quit arguing. Neither of them have anything to do with changes made during a period they weren't even available. Fact of the matter is the Brembo Suspension of 2011 isn't the exact same as 2014, period.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote