Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-05-2007, 07:13 PM   #15
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
This video gives you an idea on the size...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=5114
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #16
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
I think the green one is growing on me...

...probably has something to do with that little 5 door sport wagon sitting in my driveway.

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #17
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
The Beat is a three-door hatchback powered by turbocharged gasonline engine. The Groove, a front-wheel driver with a 1-liter diesel engine, and aims for a more "classic" Chevy look.
Trax will be GM's "micro-SUV," and carries with it a all-wheel-drive system and 1-liter gas engine.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #18
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
ghh....I think I'm gonna puke:eek: .......Too Late

I guess the world needs to turn, and GM along with it- but come on, really? Little micro-cars? I mean, my god, I'm all for gas mileage, but They look like little McDonalds Toys...
I'd be more afraid to drive beside it than a motorcycle, for fear of breaking it

I'll drive my "natural" - looking cars until the Volt comes out, then I'll pick one of those up.

Ok...(sigh) I'm done. I feel more calm now.:p
Old 04-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I'm all for it. There are MANY markets out there ready for the taking. If you can builld the best for each market and actually advertise selling those best vehicles in those markets, my friend you'd be golden. I'm all for GM getting into this market. Only a couple other dealers are getting into it...scion box looking thing, etc. GM could really bank on this, I'd think.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #20
Moosen75

Drives: Junk til 2008
Send a message via AIM to Moosen75
i agree with you tag. money is money no matter how u make it. and your right gm needs to break into these markets in the US because the sprint cars are exclusive to toyota for the most part. personally i feel that they would sell a good number of these cars because people are getting fed up with these gas problems. but these mini cars are only a short term answer to a growing problem of what we will face very soon in the future.
Moosen75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:24 PM   #21
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosen75 View Post
i agree with you tag. money is money no matter how u make it. and your right gm needs to break into these markets in the US because the sprint cars are exclusive to toyota for the most part. personally i feel that they would sell a good number of these cars because people are getting fed up with these gas problems. but these mini cars are only a short term answer to a growing problem of what we will face very soon in the future.
Interesting sentiment... to what growing problem are you referring?

Is the growing problem:
(A) Global Warming?
(B) Traffic?
(C) Free Space?

I am just curious...

~LSx
LSxcellent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:01 AM   #22
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

A: Trouble finding anything other than "compact" vehicle parking!
Old 04-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #23
Moosen75

Drives: Junk til 2008
Send a message via AIM to Moosen75
LSx mostly i am refering to gas prices, the declining amounts of oil fields, and global warming. what i was getting at is that oil can't be the answer for our fuel forever. but these high mpg cars are better than nothing being done at all. BUT at the same time i want my camaro already. from what i hear they are doing everything they can to get good mpg out of the thing.
Moosen75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #24
Mr. Wyndham

Absolutely, Don't get me wrong, I think GM should get involved with this 100%
It would be one of the few smart things they've done lately (except the Camaro and brand differentiation)
I could see this becoming a new axis on which to beat Toyota back to the Jungles from which they came.

But just me, personally....I don't like them. Or at least not the current Chinese ones ...(shudder). If GM does a good job with this. I can see this as a foothold for them. And an end to the american ideology that we're always right no matter what:

i.e. Huge SUV's in the middle of a gas crunch (yeah, smart..... )

I say Go for it General!! - as Moosen75 pointed out though - this can only be a temporary solution. Don't give up on the Volt!!!!!!!

Oh and regards to the Camaro...I hope in light of everything else they give it ethanol capability...I don't want to change out an engine in 20 years....
Old 04-09-2007, 08:49 AM   #25
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Absolutely, Don't get me wrong, I think GM should get involved with this 100%
It would be one of the few smart things they've done lately (except the Camaro and brand differentiation)
I could see this becoming a new axis on which to beat Toyota back to the Jungles from which they came.

But just me, personally....I don't like them. Or at least not the current Chinese ones ...(shudder). If GM does a good job with this. I can see this as a foothold for them. And an end to the american ideology that we're always right no matter what:

i.e. Huge SUV's in the middle of a gas crunch (yeah, smart..... )

I say Go for it General!! - as Moosen75 pointed out though - this can only be a temporary solution. Don't give up on the Volt!!!!!!!

Oh and regards to the Camaro...I hope in light of everything else they give it ethanol capability...I don't want to change out an engine in 20 years....

Aren't they trying ot make all of their engines these days E85 compatible? I thought that was part of their "Go Green" Initiative.

As for the mini-cars, I love the idea. I am not sure if I will buy one, but I can see how it would be VERY marketable in America. I mean, righ now there really isn't any other manufacturer that has tapped into the US market with these kinds of autos. Smart car has taken over Asia and Europe with their cars, and they are in the process of establishing a dealer network in America, but they are not there. If GM can get the ball rolling quick enough and beat them t the punch, it would be a major victory for us!. Not to mention, these cars look WAY better than the Smart cars!

I do agree that these kinds of cars can not be our end-all solution, and I don't think anyone expects them to be. I like the VOLT concept, but as I have stated before, depending on the area you live in and the power plant that generates your power, it can actually create more polution to charge your VOLT than a 30+mpg car creates. I think that there needs to be just as much focus on creating cleaner power as there is on creating cleaner automobiles.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:02 PM   #26
Mr. Wyndham

Here's a link to a neat video of the Interior of the 'Spark', which doesn't really look too much like the car's up there.
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/general-...s/38712-7.html

GM has in fact started production of this thing in India...