Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-20-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Thumbs up TUNE FROM TORQ (MIRAMAR, FL)

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience at Torq in Miramar Florida. Great place, full of sick Camaros getting everything under the sun done to them. These guys know our cars at the engineering level...really! Anyway, I had the basic bolt-on's on my car and an SCT custom tune from RDP Motorsport and the car had high end power, but just felt sluggish in the lower rpm's throughout the gears. Took it to Torq and they did their dyno magic! The car drives like another car! I had to find the sweet spot on the clutch again, because it was pulling so hard! They were able to squeeze out 7 horses throughout the band:

Baseline numbers showed 390 HP at peak, I'll get that dyno and add it soon. One question for you guys/girls...The guys at Torq were concerned about how low my baseline numbers were considering my current upgrades. I was thinking that they might be low, because I only had 1600 miles on the car during the dyno...Maybe my engine needs to "mature" a bit more, so to speak?
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ

Last edited by BubbaSS; 06-20-2011 at 11:35 AM.
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad you are happy!!
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaSS View Post
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience at Torq in Miramar Florida. Great place, full of sick Camaros getting everything under the sun done to them. These guys know our cars at the engineering level...really! Anyway, I had the basic bolt-on's on my car and an SCT custom tune from RDP Motorsport and the car had high end power, but just felt sluggish in the lower rpm's throughout the gears. Took it to Torq and they did their dyno magic! The car drives like another car! I had to find the sweet spot on the clutch again, because it was pulling so hard! They were able to squeeze out 7 horses throughout the band:

[IMG]

Baseline numbers showed 390 HP at peak, I'll get that dyno and add it soon. One question for you guys/girls...The guys at Torq were concerned about how low my baseline numbers were considering my current upgrades. I was thinking that they might be low, because I only had 1600 miles on the car during the dyno...Maybe my engine needs to "mature" a bit more, so to speak?
That's possible. I have 36K miles and similar mods to yours (see sig. Below) w/ an e-mail tune also and put it on their dyno, just to see what it would show: 395 rwhp (can't recall the torque though). My exhaust is a little larger and I also have a ported TB, so I wouldn't sweat it. Also, it is quite common for Mustang dynos to read lower than Dynojets. I think I even heard Erik state somewhere on here or in person that based on what their dyno reads, he can tell you (w/in reasonable accuracy) what a typical dynojet would read.
Mods: Forged 416 LS3, Maggie TVS 2300 SC (~11 psi), custom cam (232/247, .630/.630, 118 LSA), 90-lb. injectors, ZL1 fuel pump & ADM controller, Alky Control meth kit, Monster LT1-SC twin-disk clutch, ZL1 drivetrain conversion w/ DSS 1000-HP axles & 1-pc. driveshaft, CAI Inc. intake w/ ADM scoop, XS Power full exhaust (1 7/8" LT headers with 3" off-road pipes), VMAX CNC-ported TB, LSR adjustable sway bars, LPE rear end-links, BMR 1" drop, BMR polyurethane bushings; UMI trailing arms & toe rods. Built & tuned by Kraftworks. 755 rwhp/708 rwtq
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:30 AM   #4
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
That's possible. I have 36K miles and similar mods to yours (see sig. Below) w/ an e-mail tune also and put it on their dyno, just to see what it would show: 395 rwhp (can't recall the torque though). My exhaust is a little larger and I also have a ported TB, so I wouldn't sweat it. Also, it is quite common for Mustang dynos to read lower than Dynojets. I think I even heard Erik state somewhere on here or in person that based on what their dyno reads, he can tell you (w/in reasonable accuracy) what a typical dynojet would read.
Thanks for the reply! I think you're right about the lower mustang #'s...
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #5
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Dyno numbers from one place to another can be all over the place, which is why we offer free before/after runs with all performance installations

Glad you are happy with the experience!
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote