Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-06-2017, 10:59 PM   #1
Starfall

Drives: 2010 camaro
Need help with exhaust

Hey guys, so i had my mrt v1ís put on, and itís still not loud enough, what can i do to make it louder? Iíve heard about res deletes, what exactly is a res delete and where is it on my car? Is it something i can do myself
Starfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:25 PM   #2
c0r3yr0s3

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
A resonator installed as part of your car or truckís exhaust system serves one main purpose ó to resonate.

Itís sort of an echo chamber for your carís exhaust, preparing all of the loud noise coming from your engine for the muffler to silence it. But there is far more science to it than that. The resonator doesnít just remove sound, it changes it. When your car was designed, there was a team of acoustic engineers working to be sure any sounds that come from your vehicle while youíre driving are as pleasant as possible.
c0r3yr0s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:21 PM   #3
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
Hey guys, so i had my mrt v1ís put on, and itís still not loud enough, what can i do to make it louder? Iíve heard about res deletes, what exactly is a res delete and where is it on my car? Is it something i can do myself
Add a X pipe and some high flow cats, very popular setup. You don't want to get too loud on the V6, because it ends up sounding bad.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:20 PM   #4
Starfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenafan85 View Post
Add a X pipe and some high flow cats, very popular setup. You don't want to get too loud on the V6, because it ends up sounding bad.

Doesnít the x pipe reduce drone and make it less louder? Iím not worried about it sounsing pleasent to other people, i want that mf** loud
Old 12-07-2017, 07:38 PM   #5
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Your in LA and you most likely have to smog... so some electric cutouts may be the best you should do with good cat back and not worry about smog. If you have a L99 automatic equipped car you have AFM/DOD and that makes for resonance that is well a little rattling engaging .... so a exhaust on it is equipped with what been on here over the years referred to as a "Suit case" is in fact the cross over for the exhaust on a l99 and its rather large, and on the ls3 there is a simple H pipe on the manual Camaro SS. The "SUIT CASE" is what usually gets left on the curb along with the stock " trash cans " the name for our mufflers for resembling a metal crushed trash can on its side...LOL Just to keep the names alive...
2013 2SS/RS LS3 M6 ,CRT, NPP, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Mast windage, Cam Motion Cam, trunnion upgrade, Stainless Power headers HFC, CAI w/kit, Vmax PTD, Fluidampr25% udp, LPW diff cover, BMR strut brace,trailing arms, toes, bushings, Rocket racing wheels,Toyo Proxes 4+, elite catch can, clutch reservoir, dash/body LED, DRL rewire, Sparks billet badges, Forza 3way, tint, MRT louvers, ZL1 spoiler, MGW short throw, Monster dual LT1S clutch, bleeder, support, high vol pump, Speed hut shift light, ACC flames stripes, Driven ls30 oil, NGK TR6IX , Granatelli wires.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:11 AM   #6
Starfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Your in LA and you most likely have to smog... so some electric cutouts may be the best you should do with good cat back and not worry about smog. If you have a L99 automatic equipped car you have AFM/DOD and that makes for resonance that is well a little rattling engaging .... so a exhaust on it is equipped with what been on here over the years referred to as a "Suit case" is in fact the cross over for the exhaust on a l99 and its rather large, and on the ls3 there is a simple H pipe on the manual Camaro SS. The "SUIT CASE" is what usually gets left on the curb along with the stock " trash cans " the name for our mufflers for resembling a metal crushed trash can on its side...LOL Just to keep the names alive...

Okay so a few things i'm confused about,

1 my thread was moved into v8, i have a v6
2 i don't have smog tests i no longer live in la
3 my car is manual it's a 2010 so it has the llt, the only thing i've done was take off those huge ass bath tub mufflers, and put mrt v1 on, all the other piping and stuff is done, my question is to find out if deleting the 'resonaters' would make it louder?