Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Ask AL

Old 12-06-2017, 09:30 PM   #43
Commando16SS

Drives: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
How widespread is this problem?

Is this issue limited to just the Camaro or is the Corvette also seeing the same problem?

For that matter, is it even limited to the front engine/rear drive cars?

Norm
Based on what my dealer said, it's Silverado's as well. I think any car running a variant of this tranny is affected.
Commando16SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:12 AM   #44
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 10 Legacy 2.5GT, ...
Wow . . . pretty discouraging for anybody who'd really rather be getting a MT and had to compromise that choice away for any reason.

Is the 10A similarly affected at all, or hasn't it been out long enough for a statistically significant number of problems to have shown up? I'm keeping in mind that if there have been problems with the 10A that Ford's version might be similarly affected.

Norm
Old 12-08-2017, 09:55 AM   #45
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Wow . . . pretty discouraging for anybody who'd really rather be getting a MT and had to compromise that choice away for any reason.

Is the 10A similarly affected at all, or hasn't it been out long enough for a statistically significant number of problems to have shown up? I'm keeping in mind that if there have been problems with the 10A that Ford's version might be similarly affected.

Norm
That remains to be seen. Probably not many ZL1s with a lot of miles on them yet. My issue didn't show up till around 4K miles. Some are at 15K+ before the issue shows. Now that the Mustang has the A10, I'd say by next year we will know if affected too.

Also essentially every car/engine combo with a 8L90 or 8L45 trans seems to have reports of the issue.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:11 AM   #46
blazzin1

Drives: 2016 2SS (A8)
I’ve had the problem too in my ‘16 SS A8. It didn’t start until about 12-14k, but progressively got worse. My dealership did the triple drain/flush with a filter change, and that seems to have resolved the shudder (for now), but definitely getting some strange hard 1-2 shifts on occasion now!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:57 AM   #47
hotlap

Drives: 16 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
I’ve had the problem too in my ‘16 SS A8. It didn’t start until about 12-14k, but progressively got worse. My dealership did the triple drain/flush with a filter change, and that seems to have resolved the shudder (for now), but definitely getting some strange hard 1-2 shifts on occasion now!
Mine felt good after the flush with only an occasional tiny shudder at ~35 mph. My deal advised that the TC should be replaced after the recommended evaluation mileage. I did and it performs flawlessly now so you should do the same.

My question is... has the problem been solved or is this only a reset and I'll need it again in another ~12k miles?

I'd like to drive this car until the gen7 arrives. If the slip tables (?) need to be altered then do it or let owners do it without voiding the warranty. If that is part of the TC flush/replace, tell us. I want confidence the problem has actually been solved.
2SS, A8, NPP, MRC, Nightfall Gray, Kalahari, Gray Machine Face Wheels (56R), Blade Spoiler, Black Fascia Extension, Black Hash Mark, Black Bow Ties, Splash Guards, Black Suede Knee Bolsters, Navi, Foot Well Lighting, Black Tail Lights.
12.24@116.47 - 100% stock
hotlap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:02 AM   #48
Klayman

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Mine felt good after the flush with only an occasional tiny shudder at ~35 mph. My deal advised that the TC should be replaced after the recommended evaluation mileage. I did and it performs flawlessly now so you should do the same.

My question is... has the problem been solved or is this only a reset and I'll need it again in another ~12k miles?

I'd like to drive this car until the gen7 arrives. If the slip tables (?) need to be altered then do it or let owners do it without voiding the warranty. If that is part of the TC flush/replace, tell us. I want confidence the problem has actually been solved.
That's the whole part about this issue that is irritating....if the flush fixes it....you are good, if not, you need a new TC.....all along hoping it will not come back.

In 5 years when all the warranties are toast....there will be aftermarket companies that will sell kits for the "Infamous A8 shudder issue"...

I'm betting GM will keep the bandaids coming until then......
Old 12-11-2017, 01:14 PM   #49
Strange Flavor

Drives: 17 Fifty SS, 11 2SS, 91 LSX C1500
+1 this is very concerning on a car with less than 1k miles in my case, already shuddering.
Strange Flavor is offline   Reply With Quote