Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-18-2017, 08:15 AM   #1
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
IAT Relocation

Hello. Stumbled across this article from SuperChevy.com

Couple interesting points.... they also mention this forum which is pretty cool.

I realize they are talking about the IAT relocate on an LLT but was wondering if anyone has tried this on the LFX and what peoples opinion would be on whether or not this would be even worth the effort.

Also - they mention being able to snag a pair of Brembo's / rotors / lines for RIDICULOUSLY cheap... if I could snap my fingers and have the setup they refer to for $250 I would do it in a heartbeat. Hell I would probably do it for double that... What am I missing?

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...-all-sixed-up/
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:27 AM   #2
O.F.

Drives: 2015 BLK/BLK 2SS/RS MN6
$250 for the SLP brake lines?
O.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:30 PM   #3
sspade

The way the article reads to me is that the Camaro owner got the entire set up for 250$.

Especially since the heading is CHEAP BREMBO's and the fact that the writer lists all the parts in the same sentence using the word "and" followed by a single price.

No other prices are mentioned in the segment.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
Old 02-18-2017, 12:56 PM   #4
willoverkill

Drives: Fast
No reason to do it. It's an old way of spoofing the temps so the computer doesn't reduce timing advance from high intake temp readings. An Overkill tune takes care of the same thing.
willoverkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:01 PM   #5
sspade

Thanks Will. Can't wait till my tune arrives!

According to tracking it will be here Monday.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:59 PM   #6
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
I read that article too. Cheap Brembo's for only $250. Yeah right! The title is probably just to lure you into reading the article. However, I do like how they tell about relocating the IAT sensor. I did this on my old Titan and it worked really well during high ambient temps.

The only thing keeping me from doing it that you have to splice in wires, but at least it's better than voiding your powertrain warranty with a tune I guess.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:56 PM   #7
Rapter9932

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LT/RS
Ive also read and bookmarked that article. It gives some good ideas but the financial side is crap. GM put out a V6 to ZL1 Brembo full kit for 8G's. And I'm not sure where they are getting their quarter mile times from cause thats a bit high. I was running mid 14's last season with only a CAI and axle back for mods on P Zero's.
Rapter9932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:58 AM   #8
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
I got my Brembo front calipers used and new stainless lines for only $200. They were from a 2010 which had giant stick-on weights (pre-vibration damper on the pad days) so they just needed a quick refresh, strip the ugly weights and some fresh paint and decals to look great. CTS-V rear calipers were only $112/ea brand new and painted to match. It's not a while set for $250- but deals are out there.
That article said twice the GM doesn't offer suspension for the Camaro, which is ridiculous. They offer a track pack suspension kit that is basically what the 1LE has, but has V6 specific front springs... and the setup handles extremely well. I didn't want to try to mix and match aftermarket parts to see what will happen- so I did the GM kit and have NO complaints at all... it's a beast at the autocross.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:29 AM   #9
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
Will is spot on, concerning the IAT. I did a lot of research on this and though there is some controversy about this, keep it where it's at. If you have a forced induction set-up, the "BARO" sensor should be re-located to always read atmospheric pressure. That is what I have done on my project.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:02 AM   #10
sspade

Interestingly enough...

Since I originally posted this thread I actually picked up a sweet set of front Brembos off of a 2014 SS 1LE. Complete set with calipers, pads, rotors and lines.

Paid $350 shipped which I thought was a very fair deal.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:03 AM   #11
sspade

*** approximately half life left on pads and rotors.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:30 AM   #12
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
Will is spot on, concerning the IAT. I did a lot of research on this and though there is some controversy about this, keep it where it's at. If you have a forced induction set-up, the "BARO" sensor should be re-located to always read atmospheric pressure. That is what I have done on my project.
How did you connect your baro sensor? I have the LFX Manifold and map sensor but can't connect it....didn't know if anyone tried this on their boosted ride.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:17 PM   #13
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
The only reason I relocated my IAT was so it would be after my methanol injection spray, that way the computer knows how cool the air charge is.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:14 PM   #14
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
Alice is this the same for the llt (baro)..i was going to do the iat relocate to the lfx manifold so that way it would see my meth ..should I?

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote