Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
dermo1989
BAQNBLK

Drives: 2010 SS/RS BLACK W/INFERNO PKG
I need some advice!!

I went to another dealer today to see if they had any camaro's in stock for sale, which they did not. I was considering cancelling my order, if they had one coming in soon and it had what i wanted on it. Anyway the sales guy asks me what options I was looking for so he could do a search. Upon doing his search, the only one that came up was my current dealer, and my six digit order #. I never even gave him my order #. How is that possible? Does that mean my car is built and @ my dealership and they haven't told me? The status still showed 3000. I just don't want to over react here, but w/all the stories i've heard of dealers selling your car right out from underneath you & all. I haven't called yet, just thought i'd get some input from you guys first.
dermo1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #2
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
your order has a number or a letter combo. They can probably pull up orders through out the whole country. A car thats sitting on a lot or thats on its way or being built probably has that order number for life. And just because you put in the order it doesnt maybe necessarily have your name on it. But dealers have been screwing people. But there a lot who arent either.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #3
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
go to your dealership if it is local and see if it's there...that's what I would do first
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
dermo1989
BAQNBLK

I put down my money for it, It should be in my name. I did get it @ GMS pricing, so that's what is worrying me. I just want to know if it is indeed built or not. As far as i've been told as of last week I was @ status code 3000.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #5
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
I'd be checking at your dealer.
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #6
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Ok, if you were at 3000 last week, its not built yet, guarantee it. He found your ORDER number, thats it. It doesn't mean it is built. It just means that SOMEDAY it will arrive
Old 05-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #7
nards444

its yours in a sense, but until you pay full price its their, they could refund your money and do what they wanted, there is no contract to give you the car. Now from what you said, I wouldnt worry about it. People are looking to much into this. Worse worse scenario you dont get your car this summer, by xmas time these cars will be all over the place.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #8
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
honestly I feel the same way as you, me dad also is worried they may be doing something like that to me... when did you order your car? I ordered March 25th and I was hoping to have moved from 1100, I recently got my order number from the sales manager because my sales associate had no clue of how to obtain an order number which was really pissing me off... Finaly, I think I will call GM or talk to Scotty or someone out there who is kind enough to give some extra info on my status I don't have a vin just an order number... Lets just hope that's not what you are going through and same goes for myself...

I would call your dealership and let them know that you know the car is built or someone told you that it is built, better be prompt about all this and if so visit your dealership everyday just to see if they are getting any CAMAROs in... sorry to hear of your situation
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #9
dermo1989
BAQNBLK

I guess i am just surprised to see a search for a car bring up my information, and supposedly the car hasn't even been built yet! To me, that makes absolutely no sense. If that were the case then why was that the only one to pop up?
Old 05-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
its yours in a sense, but until you pay full price its their, they could refund your money and do what they wanted, there is no contract to give you the car. Now from what you said, I wouldnt worry about it. People are looking to much into this. Worse worse scenario you dont get your car this summer, by xmas time these cars will be all over the place.

There is too an agreement, you gave them money to order it for you and only you, and if your don't accept it when it is there they keep your money so how could they give your money back to you if the car you ordered and put your hard earned money up to garauntee your purchase be sold to someone else? Looking way too much into this? You have to be kidding is that how you feel about your Camaro, you would be ok with them selling the car you are supposedly getting in July? Maybe you should resign from your memebership in this website because we are all Camaro and Chevy lovers here pal... WE JUST WANT OUR CARS THAT WE HAVE PUT OUR MONEY DOWN FOR!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #11
teamlynn1
Mr. Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Tahoe Z71, 2009 Silverado
Ok nothing to worry about imho. We dealers can do a locate on cars built and on the ground, built and in transit and also ordered but not yet built. The dealer probably did a search under the last two parameters and yours showed up. Yes the order # stays with the car for life as well for the person who asked about that. Hope this helps!

Bobby Lynn
GM Burien Chevrolet
www.burienchevrolet.com
206-243-5800 ext 151

teamlynn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #12
dermo1989
BAQNBLK

It's not an out of the ordinary order though. 2SS/RS, Black, Polished 20's, Inferno Orange interior, Sunroof, Manual trans. Pretty common I think. But only 1 came up, I would think there are more than that. I have seen that combo here on this site numerous times.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:41 PM   #13
nards444

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelZ View Post
There is too an agreement, you gave them money to order it for you and only you, and if your don't accept it when it is there they keep your money so how could they give your money back to you if the car you ordered and put your hard earned money up to garauntee your purchase be sold to someone else? Looking way too much into this? You have to be kidding is that how you feel about your Camaro, you would be ok with them selling the car you are supposedly getting in July? Maybe you should resign from your memebership in this website because we are all Camaro and Chevy lovers here pal... WE JUST WANT OUR CARS THAT WE HAVE PUT OUR MONEY DOWN FOR!!!
yeah some of you are looking way to much into this. Until somebody says its not your car or your car shows up, whats the point of coming up with conspiracy theories. And My car will come when it comes, theres nothing I can do about. And I dont remember signing a contract when i put a deposit down I bet nobody else did either. And if they refund your money there is nothing to bind them legally to give you a car. Try to take that to court pal, you wouldnt have a leg to stand on. With that said I am firmly against dealer mark up or dealers selling stuff front underneath people. But THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.