Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

View Poll Results: Do you plan to get this recall if you had a choice?
Yes 245 15.30%
No 1,356 84.70%
Voters: 1601. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2014, 11:18 PM   #1121
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
Once a month to keep it in working order. Spritz of lube when I change the oil. Fell in the water once and my key fob quit working, I had never used the key on that car and ended up crawling through the trunk.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:26 PM   #1122
JoeFire

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Transformers Edition
"Proactive?"

I will not be taking my B in for this. I've not had an issue with it and I'm 6' and ride close to the wheel.

I think what pisses me off more than anything on this is the fact that it's a "potential" problem but they are solving it in a K-mart blue light special (for all those you remember those) kind of way. I didn't pay nearly $40k back in 2009 to have a car with a key from a 1969 Chevy C-20 pickup! Why not look into a way to fix the FOBs we already have? I love the hideaway key. I had a GTO with the key stuck to the end of the FOB as an entire unit and it was like trying to put a 3rd grader fatty pencil in your pocket. Now I have to look forward to have a key and a FOB? What's next, removal of the A/C because I might get frost bite?

2010 2SS/RS Transformers Edition w/ sun roof. Delivered 7 Dec 2009

2012 Transformers bumper vinyl| Rear tire vent vinyl by SLP|Airaid CAI|Kooks headers w/ high flow cats, Borla S type cat back| Customized tune from Lew, Dyno'd 421HP and 375TQ at 4600' and 82ºF
JoeFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:31 AM   #1123
Darwood

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFire View Post
I will not be taking my B in for this. I've not had an issue with it and I'm 6' and ride close to the wheel.

I think what pisses me off more than anything on this is the fact that it's a "potential" problem but they are solving it in a K-mart blue light special (for all those you remember those) kind of way. I didn't pay nearly $40k back in 2009 to have a car with a key from a 1969 Chevy C-20 pickup! Why not look into a way to fix the FOBs we already have? I love the hideaway key. I had a GTO with the key stuck to the end of the FOB as an entire unit and it was like trying to put a 3rd grader fatty pencil in your pocket. Now I have to look forward to have a key and a FOB? What's next, removal of the A/C because I might get frost bite?

Hey, frostbite is serious business. You would want to get frostbite and die now would you? GM's got your back there.
Darwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:34 AM   #1124
DefiantXSoldier

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS/1LE NPP Recaros
Yeah it's frustrating. I've waited months for my 1LE to show up and finally it has. Papers are all signed but now I play the waiting game to be able to drive off in it. I expect something for my trouble GM. If the wait is more than 2 days I told my dealership I won't take delivery and the contract is now good. I've waited long enough, hell I'll just buy the new SS with is lighter and faster

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DefiantXSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:35 AM   #1125
beetlei

Drives: 2013 2SS / RS
Two weeks ago when the battery died. Was very happy it was there.
beetlei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:59 AM   #1126
beebumble
Be humble or buzz off

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 RY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife conVert View Post
Is there a key hole in the door?
I had to look

That means never...
Old 06-18-2014, 06:05 AM   #1127
MDcarnut

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT RS
It's a joke that the Camaro even still uses a key. Embarrassing.
MDcarnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:24 AM   #1128
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Once, and i set off my alarm.

Never again.
I didn't know if that was the same, I was just going to say some may remember the GTO key never disarmed the alarm. Just be glad you wont get stuck with the same big ass key the GTO has. Ever since I saw the first Camaro key I wished it could be updated to fit the GTO. My VW folding key is great!

I also use the VW feature to close all the windows when you lock the door with the key and hold it till all the windows close, on customers cars too.
TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:40 AM   #1129
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Never, I'm afraid if I put the key in the door lock, I would accidentally slip and my knee would hit the fob, popping the door open and smashing me in the nards, causing a giant recall by GM.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:45 AM   #1130
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
What happens when your battery is dead and you press that FOB to open the door and nothing happens.

Man, if there was ONLY another way to get into the car without a FOB, like a "safety-backup" way. If only an engineer or company would have thought in advance of the possibility of a car battery dying.

SOB, they did, it's a freaking key in the door.

I will keep my backup way to get into the car thank you. GM please keep putting the 'other' way to get into the car, on the cars I purchase.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:52 AM   #1131
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFire View Post
I didn't pay nearly $40k back in 2009 to have a car with a key from a 1969 Chevy C-20 pickup!
So you're saying that not being able to get your car with the switchblade key would have deep-sixed the whole deal and you'd be driving something else instead?

Obviously GM chose to provide that kind of key for reasons not involving practicality or (apparently) reliability. That leaves vanity/snob appeal and a misplaced trust that newfangled has to be better simply because it's new.

indeed!

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #1132
Vegastyle 420
Vegastyle

Drives: 2010 Bumble Bee SS
not gonna happen

Sorry GM but you will not be getting ahold of my key. Wtf are they thinking cause a few old retards sit too close to the stearing wheel they're gonna make us all change our keys. NOT ME
Vegastyle 420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:31 AM   #1133
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
I don't care if the comes with a toilet seat attached, I just want to drive the car I special ordered for myself. One more normal key with a fob ain't going to break me. I got a 2 old school keys and a new Subaru key that is twice as long and the main body has the buttons.

U own a reto style car, why not have 1969 retro style keys to go with it.

Only negative of having toilet seat key fob, is every time you fart the trunk opens
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:36 AM   #1134
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
What happens when your battery is dead and you press that FOB to open the door and nothing happens.

Man, if there was ONLY another way to get into the car without a FOB, like a "safety-backup" way. If only an engineer or company would have thought in advance of the possibility of a car battery dying.

SOB, they did, it's a freaking key in the door.

I will keep my backup way to get into the car thank you. GM please keep putting the 'other' way to get into the car, on the cars I purchase.
Even those keyless cars have a key for emergencies, don't let people fool you into thinking they are totally keyless.

Tags
2014, camaro, new camaro, question, recall