Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
RedRocketSS
BSHU

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel SS
Installed Pfadt Springs, minor creaking noise..

I had them installed (and aligned) yesterday by Grunion Customs, pretty reputable shop around here. The car drives fine and doesnt make any noises until the front end goes over a speed bump or other bump in the road. Should I have the shop check them out or might it take a little time for them to "settle in"?

Yes Ive used the search function and looked around at the different threads about some creaking/squeeking people experience after installing lowering springs. It seems as though everyone has a different answer in each thread.

I sent a PM to Pfadt Raching but figured I wont hear anything back until tomorrow. Anybody have any input on this....
Old 10-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
RedRocketSS
BSHU

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel SS
Bumpity bump...I also noticed a creak with sharp turning after driving a little more.... Anybody???
Old 10-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I have the 1.4 drop and get some squeaking over smaller bumps. Never thought much about it. Car rides great and I don't hear anything when Im driving down the road.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Hey guys. It's not normal to hear creaks or groans after installing a set of our drop springs. A couple things to look for though -

If you've installed sway bars make sure the bushings are properly lubricated with the grease that we supply.

Make sure that the spring and rubber isolator are clocked correctly and securely into the upper spring perch.

Make sure endlinks are properly torqued. If you reused your stock endlinks this will require a T5 Torx bit and an open ended wrench.

Run through and do a general bolt check on all parts that were disassembled... the upper strut mounts, endlinks, wheel lugs etc.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote