Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #29
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesserayjames View Post
You guys are never happy......................... JRJ
Then don't stop by this forum, perhaps then our "unhappiness" won't affect you.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #30
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Of the threads I have seen there have been many heated discussions over what a Z28 should be. Saying I am being childish saying there are whiners on here, well all I can say is there are a lot of people that like to complain in a manner that comes across as whining. Seems like I was attacked for just giving a what if.
Anyway they need to go back to the original formula they used for a Z28 back in 67. That was the true Z the 67-69 versions.
I fully agree with your thought that the 1Gen is to be emulated. I also fully believe based on what FbodFather and others (in the know) have said is that GM (finally) gets it. And they so far are proving that point.

Last edited by 2cnd chance; 09-07-2012 at 07:43 PM.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #31
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Ok I will accept that but again my what if comment was just in reply to my sons comment about the 1LE package not being the Boss competitor. And if they could bump up the HP and remove weight if it would qualify as a Z28.
Never ever saying it would be done, at least not in the 5th Gen.

I am sorry if I said anything that may have upset those Z28 faithful. So i will now bow out gracefully.Good night everyone and I hope you all get what you want in a Z28
I agree with both of you the 1LE is a very impressive "Track Pack". It should be compared primarily to the Mustang GT "Track Pack" due to it being an option for the SS as well as its price point. The fact that it is superior to the Boss in some of its capabilities just shows the high value that comes from the Camaro brand.

I'm personally not upset, just trying to help others not as deeply familiar with all the in-depth discussions here see why we've come to the conclusions we have. Some that are faithful regulars to the Z28 threads can get upset (I have myself been offended by others) due to the attempts by some (not you) that I call hit-n-runners. They come hear and leave very negative comments and disappear. So some if us may be sensitive to that. Your welcome to come back.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #32
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
What of they bumped up the HP of the 1LE to 475HP and dropped 200 pounds of weight. Would it then qualify as a Z28 in your eyes?
a bump in hp and an option like the laguna seca edition boss would be awesome. roll cage and all. The 1LE option is more a track pack then anything. which the mustang has also. it's just my opinion.

I know this has nothing to do with this thread but. why does the 1LE, Vert and Z28 get it's on sections for models/packages but the V-6, SS, and ZL1 all are still at the top of the page. . . improper lay out imo. someone should say something to the mods about how the site isn't laid out properly. lol.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #33
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
a bump in hp and an option like the laguna seca edition boss would be awesome. roll cage and all. The 1LE option is more a track pack then anything. which the mustang has also. it's just my opinion.

I know this has nothing to do with this thread but. why does the 1LE, Vert and Z28 get it's on sections for models/packages but the V-6, SS, and ZL1 all are still at the top of the page. . . improper lay out imo. someone should say something to the mods about how the site isn't laid out properly. lol.
I agree. We all thought some of the sections were gone at first. Since they did this these sections of the forum have been much quieter. :(
Old 09-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #34
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I guess we are the bastard children then.

the ZL1 , ss and v6 should be down in this section and then 1le a subform of the SS section.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #35
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

The main Camaro offerings need to be prominent, so that the followers of those models can easily come together.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #36
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
The main Camaro offerings need to be prominent, so that the followers of those models can easily come together.
I love all Camaro models.....from LS to ZL1 there ain't a bad one in the bunch!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #37
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

but as you said. these sections fall threw the cracks. if they were to move this section up and add the ones that should also be here traffic would still come in and organize the site better. jmo. ran a forum for about 6 months for a car club. so it's just something that annoys me. oh well back on topic.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #38
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
but as you said. these sections fall threw the cracks. if they were to move this section up and add the ones that should also be here traffic would still come in and organize the site better. jmo. ran a forum for about 6 months for a car club. so it's just something that annoys me. oh well back on topic.
Topic? We have topics here?? Just kidding, I hope it won't be that long till we see a proper model for the topics in this forum.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #39
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
I seen this article earlier today, do really hope they do a z28....would be my next car for sure lol

"This should raise the eyebrows of a few Camaro enthusiasts. GM Authority is reporting that General Motors has filed with the "United States Patent and Trademark Office for a trademark of the "Z28" moniker. Oh, do we have your attention?

Many GM performance fans were surprised when Chevrolet did not use the Z28 nameplate for its range-topping, supercharged ZL1 Camaro. There were rumors afoot that Chevrolet may still employ the Z28 name at some point, but some of the air went out of that balloon when an option pack debuted between the SS and the ZL1 wearing the 1LE designation. And potentially furthering this speculation is an April tidbit from Camaro5, where a forum member discovered that his Camaro ZL1 diffuser bracket had the designation "Z28" on it.

Yet while many such filings are to be taken with a grain of salt (often it's just a brand looking to protect a dormant or lapsed trademark), a development like this only stokes the rumormongers' flames.

The ZL1 is, without a doubt, the top of the Camaro performance ladder, so where would a Z28 fit? GM Authority offers some speculation, suggesting that a production Z28 could "even out-muscle the ZL1." Another interesting theory they offer is that the Z28 appellation could replace the Camaro SS designation, as Chevy has the Zeta-based SS sedan range coming in next year, and GM officials could be worried about confusion in the marketplace.

When the first-generation Camaro came out in 1967, Z28 was merely the option code designation for a race-ready package (SS models were option code Z27). It was not mentioned in any literature and many customers did not know about it at first. Since then, the Z/28 has become an iconic name in the world of muscle cars."
Old 09-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #40
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime068 View Post
I seen this article earlier today, do really hope they do a z28....would be my next car for sure lol

"This should raise the eyebrows of a few Camaro enthusiasts. GM Authority is reporting that General Motors has filed with the "United States Patent and Trademark Office for a trademark of the "Z28" moniker. Oh, do we have your attention?

Many GM performance fans were surprised when Chevrolet did not use the Z28 nameplate for its range-topping, supercharged ZL1 Camaro. There were rumors afoot that Chevrolet may still employ the Z28 name at some point, but some of the air went out of that balloon when an option pack debuted between the SS and the ZL1 wearing the 1LE designation. And potentially furthering this speculation is an April tidbit from Camaro5, where a forum member discovered that his Camaro ZL1 diffuser bracket had the designation "Z28" on it.

Yet while many such filings are to be taken with a grain of salt (often it's just a brand looking to protect a dormant or lapsed trademark), a development like this only stokes the rumormongers' flames.

The ZL1 is, without a doubt, the top of the Camaro performance ladder, so where would a Z28 fit? GM Authority offers some speculation, suggesting that a production Z28 could "even out-muscle the ZL1." Another interesting theory they offer is that the Z28 appellation could replace the Camaro SS designation, as Chevy has the Zeta-based SS sedan range coming in next year, and GM officials could be worried about confusion in the marketplace.

When the first-generation Camaro came out in 1967, Z28 was merely the option code designation for a race-ready package (SS models were option code Z27). It was not mentioned in any literature and many customers did not know about it at first. Since then, the Z/28 has become an iconic name in the world of muscle cars."
Daddy is home... All I know is I grew up riding my bike watching the cool guys have Z28's and 5.0's.....

I paricularly wanted a IROC-Z..... when it came out the stir it caused made it the car to have....

Heck it was a hero before ever being released....

Video Z28--- http://movies.netflix.com/WiPlayer?m...&trkid=3326878
Old 10-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #41
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...and in those days of the 80's I longed for the real HP motors to return. Hate to say, but the only worthy car was a Buick GN, and that was a 6. It did run strong however. Alas, we fast forward decades to the future and true factory high performance once again lives. It will be the same small window as in the day, only to fade to black for looming CAFE and it's associated price with surchages.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #42
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

I think people in general have gotten used to having power in their vehicles. I don't think it's the end of HP and performance like the 70's. But there will be changes in how it's achieved.