Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #2157
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
I was talking about the new SS. The four door sedan, not the Camaro.
Oh ok.

If there is a 7 liter in the C7, it would be LT based, not the LS7. At least, that's my opinion.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #2158
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Stay tuned.
With Dual Mode Exhaust, "sounds" like good advice...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #2159
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
A lot of "staying" has been going on...and on...

A new generation 7.0 would be an LT7, no?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #2160
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post

Motor Trends suggests they use LT5 as a nod to the original ZR1 LT5 motor for the FI LT1. You would think it has to be LT fill in the number.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #2161
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Makes sense.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #2162
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Motor Trends suggests they use LT5 as a nod to the original ZR1 LT5 motor for the FI LT1. You would think it has to be LT fill in the number.
Is it gonna be OHC as well?
Old 02-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #2163
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Definitely not ignoring us...but it's not a case of rubbing the computer and making a wish on Camaro5.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #2164
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I understand that but the 5th gen isn't going to be around much longer and we haven't seen anything remotely close to a Z/28 being tested and we haven't even heard so much as a stay tuned in a long time.
If we don't know what the Z28 looks like, how do we know it hasn't been tested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post

Thats what I would go with
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #2165
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
yeah I am guessing also, with the new "SS" coming standard with the LS3, either they have a HUGE stockpile of LS3/LS7's they need to get rid of, or they are not ready to share the tech wealth of the new LT motors I am still curious as to how there is so much tech in this engine for a measley 20HP increase
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #2166
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
If we don't know what the Z28 looks like, how do we know it hasn't been tested?

Thats what I would go with
I would assume the Z/28 would look somewhat different than an SS or ZL1 so I think we would see another camo'd Camaro driving around.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #2167
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
yeah I am guessing also, with the new "SS" coming standard with the LS3, either they have a HUGE stockpile of LS3/LS7's they need to get rid of, or they are not ready to share the tech wealth of the new LT motors I am still curious as to how there is so much tech in this engine for a measley 20HP increase
I don't get the HP bump either. I would think they could get more power with a bump in compression, DI and new heads.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #2168
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
I would assume the Z/28 would look somewhat different than an SS or ZL1 so I think we would see another camo'd Camaro driving around.
Testing the LS7 is something you can hide in plain sight as long as you don't open the hood.

Quote:
The LT engine TEAM delivered a modest increase in HP for the base Corvette. A 20 HP increase with a boost in fuel economy and an incredible new design outside and inside will move plenty of glass. As additional C7 models are added watch how easily the LT adds power.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #2169
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
The hallmarks (or is that "haulmarks"?!) of the LT1, specifically, are significant improvements in TORQUE, an uptick in hp while improving mpg and carbon footprint...and a "secure" ECM.

With CAFE '16 at hand, combined with new-Gen weight/size rationalization, expect those already-broad perma-grins to W-I-D-E-N...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #2170
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Quote:
I don't get the HP bump either. I would think they could get more power with a bump in compression, DI and new heads.
Remember the 550 hp ZL1 unveiled in Chicago 2 years ago? Remember how the actual production car delivered an extra 30 hp over what was initially mentioned?

Its called under-promising & over-delivering. I've seen a few videos where Corvette/GM people almost litterally give a wink and a nudge when talking about the 450 hp of the LT1. It will be more, question is whether it will be closer to 458 or 485.
Quote:
I wouldn't camo it, unless I wanted to draw attention to the car. If I were actually trying to hide it, I'd keep it looking as stock as possible. Any changes would most likely be interpreted as being mods done by the owner (which, in this case would sorta be true anyway) but not as being a Z28 prototype.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if the Z28 were simply to use bits from the ZL1 for its exterior changes and have exactly 0 unique exterior pieces. Doing aerowork is time consuming and expensive, and they already spent a lot of time and money improving the aero of the SS for the ZL1. Why go through the process again to achieve the same results, for a car that costs less?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
700 hp z/28 in 2014, the greatest camaro