Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 07-01-2016, 05:41 PM   #29
kenny17
VILENT

Drives: 2013 Wht ZL454 SS/RS M6
I am currently in this situation and I was wondering how important the brace is as well. Do you think I could just remove it and install the cutouts then order the aftermarket ones to bolt maybe in 2 weeks?
kenny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:15 PM   #30
tonysplanb

Drives: 2014 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny17 View Post
I am currently in this situation and I was wondering how important the brace is as well. Do you think I could just remove it and install the cutouts then order the aftermarket ones to bolt maybe in 2 weeks?
As long as you don't race it on a track I can't see it doing too much damage. I believe everyone should remove the brace, install the cutouts and have the same muffler place weld up a new brace to replace the flimsy one that is on now.
tonysplanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:21 PM   #31
kenny17
VILENT

Drives: 2013 Wht ZL454 SS/RS M6
I was thinking since I dont race it should be ok. Thanks for the feedback! I went yesterday and they told me they couldn't install because it wouldn't clear anywhere they put it
kenny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:53 PM   #32
vgreid

Drives: 2011 'verte SS
I have heard about the qtp motors frying over time, so to try to protect them from heat, I put some Teflon header wrap on the pipes where the motors are. I wonder if this will help?

I will try to get a video to compare sound open and closed this weekend.

vgreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:34 PM   #33
SSmith

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Not to beat a dead horse, but hopefully my brace will give me the clearance I need for cutouts.
Name:  IMG_20170311_091856476.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  123.8 KB
SSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:14 PM   #34
tonysplanb

Drives: 2014 1SS
Its funny that you post this because I tried to have the cut outs that were installed by my muffler re-installed to that same location you show in the picture. The kid at the muffler shop gave me a good quote but another mentioned to him that it would cave in my chassis. I told him I had no plans to track the car and just wanted some noise on demand. Well long story short I get the call the next day that they wouldn't do it because of the possible legal complications of removing a standard part.
I wish I would have removed it first, had them install it and then take it to a weld shop to fabricate a plate like yours that would clear the cut outs and also brace the underside.
Good luck with your install and keep us posted. You can never stop beating a dead horse enough.
tonysplanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:52 PM   #35
SSmith

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysplanb View Post
Its funny that you post this because I tried to have the cut outs that were installed by my muffler re-installed to that same location you show in the picture. The kid at the muffler shop gave me a good quote but another mentioned to him that it would cave in my chassis. I told him I had no plans to track the car and just wanted some noise on demand. Well long story short I get the call the next day that they wouldn't do it because of the possible legal complications of removing a standard part.
I wish I would have removed it first, had them install it and then take it to a weld shop to fabricate a plate like yours that would clear the cut outs and also brace the underside.
Good luck with your install and keep us posted. You can never stop beating a dead horse enough.
I don't plan on tracking mine either, and added probably 20lb, but this brace isn't going to bend...easily! Got the idea from the short brace someone made on here. Picked up the materials for $5 and a friend welded it for free. Easy.
SSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:50 PM   #36
amit65

Drives: maruti celerio 2016
QTP Cutouts on a Vert

Hi..

We have them our 2011 vert and 2009 G8 GT, no problem with ground clearence on both and these cars are lower then stock. Great product buy a set and enjoy

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

Last edited by amit65; 03-18-2017 at 07:09 AM.
amit65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:17 PM   #37
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Spike III Build 2011 IBM 1SS/RS [COTW 6/25/12]

My QTP'S on a 2011 1/SS not lowered.
Attached Images