Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Real World: ZL1 vs ?

Looking for some real world real driver experiences from the ZL1's ****pit. Track, strip, heck even crowd pull at a cruise night. Is the ZL1 proving to be all it can be? Post your stories here please.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
gearhead08

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10 and 2013 GT500
I am looking for one from panama city to pensacola florida so we can meet up. I would love to have the first video. So I can post it on youtube win or lose. Plus I wanna see one up close they are pretty sweet looking . I would even take a drive to the nearest quartermile if one wanted.
gearhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
I am very interested to see what kind of quarter mile times we see from amateur drivers with a few weeks of seat time can do.

I think everyone (especially on this site) agrees that the car is capable of the advertised 12 flat from the factory in good weather/elevation. I'm not about to suggest better than 11.8's though.

Hopefully everyone who has gotten theirs is gaining plenty of familiarity with ther cars. I can't wait to see one parked somewhere and get a first hand look.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
gearhead08

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10 and 2013 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
I am very interested to see what kind of quarter mile times we see from amateur drivers with a few weeks of seat time can do.

I think everyone (especially on this site) agrees that the car is capable of the advertised 12 flat from the factory in good weather/elevation. I'm not about to suggest better than 11.8's though.

Hopefully everyone who has gotten theirs is gaining plenty of familiarity with ther cars. I can't wait to see one parked somewhere and get a first hand look.

You and me both cant wait to see one
gearhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
The SwiftChancelor

Drives: SGM, 2011 2SS/RS, L99
You Mustang guys are hungry. HaHa. No, I don't blame you though we'd all like to see some numbers. Not sure if I agree with the whole break-in period for why some are saying we ain't seeing anything yet. If you had that much power could you keep your foot off the gas? No, then why'd you waste your money? jk
Old 04-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SwiftChancelor View Post
You Mustang guys are hungry. HaHa. No, I don't blame you though we'd all like to see some numbers. Not sure if I agree with the whole break-in period for why some are saying we ain't seeing anything yet. If you had that much power could you keep your foot off the gas? No, then why'd you waste your money? jk

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SwiftChancelor View Post
Drive it like you stole it. Id rather break it in the first month than down the road.
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #8
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Looking for some real world real driver experiences from the ZL1's ****pit. Track, strip, heck even crowd pull at a cruise night. Is the ZL1 proving to be all it can be? Post your stories here please.
Might want to wait until more than a handful of owners have actually had a chance to take delivery of their car before asking how well it does at a track.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #9
Nmbr1gmfan

Drives: Fast
Supposed to go to the track Thurs. night but weather is looking like it may act up.