Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-12-2014, 08:52 AM   #15
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Doesn't the LFX utilize a composite intake?
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:03 AM   #16
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Yes. The LFX is a plastic manifold.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:27 PM   #17
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
Yes. I believe Jsn is using fillers and what not to create a better flowing LFX intake. Don't think there is any sanding or grinding involved.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #18
Peter-5

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I have the Stage 4 Ported Intake Manifold from MACE, had problems at first since I put mine through extreme pressures and heat, now the filling that kept coming off is holding strong. For gains I know I'm getting more air into the chamber with the ported manifold, my AFR was leaner than with the stock manifold. But I have a supercharger and other heavy mods.

For the RX one... I'm not going to comment on it. If you do get one, make sure you a tune.
I have an sts turbo kit on mine and was considering mace stage 4 but what filler are you talking about? And do I have to retune my car if I buy a ported IM?
Peter-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:03 PM   #19
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Nothing wrong with my MACE ported IM, but I've heard they are hard to get anymore...not sure if they are available or not?

As for power gains...there may have been gains, but really difficult for me to notice much when I installed it.
I've gotten ahold of mace but now I'm just worried about the shipping and how long it's going to take the otherwise yours is running good?
Old 01-12-2014, 08:48 PM   #20
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter-5 View Post
I have an sts turbo kit on mine and was considering mace stage 4 but what filler are you talking about? And do I have to retune my car if I buy a ported IM?

Just inside the throat opening of the manifold there is a depression area that they fill in for better air flow.

Quote:
I've gotten ahold of mace but now I'm just worried about the shipping and how long it's going to take the otherwise yours is running good?

No you should not need a new tune for the ported manifold. As far as I know and remember everyone is fine with their current tune as our v6 can compensate for allot changes to our settings.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:45 PM   #21
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
So does this mean no one makes a good ported IM??? I need help guys I don't want any leaks, cracks, or any payment/shipping issues. Has anyone had any luck with there Ported IM beside the member that said his rx one was fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I have the Stage 4 Ported Intake Manifold from MACE, had problems at first since I put mine through extreme pressures and heat, now the filling that kept coming off is holding strong. For gains I know I'm getting more air into the chamber with the ported manifold, my AFR was leaner than with the stock manifold. But I have a supercharger and other heavy mods.

For the RX one... I'm not going to comment on it. If you do get one, make sure you a tune.
Quote:
MagnumforceGB, who actually has been redoing your manifolds upon filler adhesion failure? Is it Jay here in the US, or are they going to MACE in aus? Peter-5 seems concerned about shipping & payment, which makes me think that he's been in contact with Steve @ MACE in AUS... Since he's got a turbo, I imagine he will need whatever special treatment your filler has gotten to stay in if there is excess heat... Just wondering if this treatment is the same if done @ either location...

Peter-5, whoever you are dealing with whether in the US or in AUS, you should be fine as far as shipping/payment are concerned. I've never read of anything bad come out of either party, so either way, you should be fine. If you are worried about Aus shipping times, it's a little off the chart, expect anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks, depending on what shipper was used, and how much money is paid unless you spend a fortune to get it there/back faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Yes. I believe Jsn is using fillers and what not to create a better flowing LFX intake. Don't think there is any sanding or grinding involved.
Yes, I'm using a plastic filler to fill the void behind the throttle body. 80% of the sanding and grinding is just to shape the filler once it's cured.

Sorry if I jacked the thread with the LFX bomb, I just thought I'd throw out there that if the AFR changes quite a bit, a retune should be considered. Especially with any kind of FI syste. JMO
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #22
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Just inside the throat opening of the manifold there is a depression area that they fill in for better air flow.
Is this the difference between stage 3 and 4? Ported does this fill in smoothly after driving. Sorry if I sound naive just trying to figure this out.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:26 PM   #23
Peter-5

To be exact I've talked to mike from mace and he said all porting work would be shipped from Maryland.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:29 PM   #24
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Is this the difference between stage 3 and 4? Ported does this fill in smoothly after driving. Sorry if I sound naive just trying to figure this out.
Both stage 3 and stage 4 have the filler to my knowledge... Unfortunately, I do not 100% know what the differences are between stage 3 and stage 4. I have NEVER seen a mention of a stage 1 or 2; They may not even exist?
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #25
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
There's only stage 3&4. 3 is porting inlet and outlets, filling the sump. 4 is completly porting the inside, pretty much every spot is touched up inside it, plus sump filled. I have the stage 4 and had em paint it red, looks and performs great. Have had it for about a year and around 12-14k miles and no problems so far. I never messed with the filling either yet, but I'm n/a.
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #26
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by '11CamaroLS View Post
There's only stage 3&4. 3 is porting inlet and outlets, filling the sump. 4 is completly porting the inside, pretty much every spot is touched up inside it, plus sump filled. I have the stage 4 and had em paint it red, looks and performs great. Have had it for about a year and around 12-14k miles and no problems so far. I never messed with the filling either yet, but I'm n/a.
Thanks for the info I'm almost certain as far as info goes that the mace may be the better choice. I just hope when I go to order there's not a 2 month shipping delay like a former member had.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:17 AM   #27
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I don't remember how long mine took to receive, I think 2-3 weeks. But keep in mind it can take a little while. Jay is a one man show when it comes to porting the manifolds. He does have a full time job and a family. So porting is done in his spare time. I think a lot of people take for granted how long porting takes when its done with a dremel and hand sanding, and these manifolds are made to order I believe, atleast for the most part if not always.
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #28
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote