Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-27-2014, 02:56 PM   #43
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Pretty sure they are on a zl1-bap combo, or dual pump setup. It depends on the car. Some are zl1+meth, some are zl1+bap, some are complete fuel systems.

Wouldn't hurt to mix a few gallons of 100 or VP109 in if you are going to run 11psi without meth, but shouldn't be needed if the tune is on. Whenever I goto the drag strip/roadcourse/etc I always put some 100 or torco in just to be safe.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #44
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Yes, I am taking your advice. But I wonder, isn't a manual with turbos a more of a challenge than with an auto? I assume my 6 pound spring can hold 10-11 PSI.

The cars that are at @10-11 PSI with a ZL1 pump setup, ZL1-BAP, or a better pump? I am told to try the ZL1 pump with the ADM controller. Also with a race gas tune? No meth needed right?

Hard info is difficult to come by. But I don't think I will need a ton more power to reach the 10s as long as I can launch.
We can help you out with any questions you have.

Drag racing a manual car is harder of course. Your stock ECU has a kind of lame two step build in, and that's better than nothing. A Lingenfelter two step makes a night and day difference. Run the 'right way' will pre-spool the turbos and you can adjust to launch as hard as the track will handle.

Fuel pumps-Try not to get confused on this issue with ether of these two points.

1. Supercharged cars max out at XXXwhp on ZL1 pump etc. That's not what you will be limited too. They are using an extra 60-100hp to spin their blower that you will get that power to the wheels.
2. Fuel pressure dropping a little. This is no an indicator of out of fuel delivery. Your tune may not even call for 58psi at WOT. I've run over 700whp through an auto at like 48psi fuel pressure. I do this on purpose because fuel pumps put out more fuel at lower pressures.

I can tell you that you will not have any problems running 12-14psi on a ZL1 pump and ADM controller or MSD BAP. For 12+psi you will want to have like half/half race gas mix and have it tuned for that. This is where your car is going to start getting fast. A good launch and the right shifting and that will be 10's.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:53 PM   #45
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post

Drag racing a manual car is harder of course. Your stock ECU has a kind of lame two step build in, and that's better than nothing. A Lingenfelter two step makes a night and day difference. Run the 'right way' will pre-spool the turbos and you can adjust to launch as hard as the track will handle.

Fuel pumps-Try not to get confused on this issue with ether of these two points.

1. Supercharged cars max out at XXXwhp on ZL1 pump etc. That's not what you will be limited too. They are using an extra 60-100hp to spin their blower that you will get that power to the wheels.
2. Fuel pressure dropping a little. This is no an indicator of out of fuel delivery. Your tune may not even call for 58psi at WOT. I've run over 700whp through an auto at like 48psi fuel pressure. I do this on purpose because fuel pumps put out more fuel at lower pressures.

I can tell you that you will not have any problems running 12-14psi on a ZL1 pump and ADM controller or MSD BAP. For 12+psi you will want to have like half/half race gas mix and have it tuned for that. This is where your car is going to start getting fast. A good launch and the right shifting and that will be 10's.
Wow! Thanks. I would like to catch my friends Paxton 5.0 auto. He is stuck in the low 11s.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #46
Rigzo510

Drives: 2012 Camaro Ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post

For a garage installer like myself, how hard is it to install the agp kit? Ive never installed anything turbo related but I have done a couple prochargers if that is somewhat of the skill range it'll take lol
Old 09-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #47
Unreal

Easier than a PC IMO. Just bolts on. If you can install headers/SC you can install at turbo kit.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #48
Rigzo510

Drives: 2012 Camaro Ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Easier than a PC IMO. Just bolts on. If you can install headers/SC you can install at turbo kit.
Niceeee good to know. Unreal you seem to answer any turbo question people throw at you so hope you don't mind me asking another on lol I've got diverters right after my cats right now, I've read on other sites that the turbos would spool real fast which would cause the waste gates to work hard, would the agp work with my 3" diverters?

Thanks bud
Old 09-08-2014, 09:35 PM   #49
Unreal

Would be awesome. Would make a bunch of power and spool quick. No issues to the turbos or wastegates.