Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-16-2015, 11:50 AM   #1
Tddybearchick

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS
Many electrical issues

Okay so I bought at 2014 RS in August of 2013. A month later I got in the car and the heating/AC unit wouldn't work. No lights, no fan turned on, nothing. I had to shut off the car several times and restart before that unit worked. I called the dealer and they said it shouldn't happen again but if it does bring it in. It hasn't happened again, however, it refused to start once, the headlights wouldn't work once, the door locks wouldn't unlock twice, the engine light went off 4 times three of those were after the dealer looked at it (the only time this car had thrown a code by the way), it looses Bluetooth all the time, it drops calls, once the whole links system wouldn't turn on, and the xm radio looses signal every 30 seconds to a minute whether the sky is clear with absolutely no interference or whether there is interference it does not matter. For two years the car had been in and out of the shop not to mention I store it from November to April every year. I took it out of storage Friday and it has been at the dealer since. They can't find anything wrong with it. I have given them Tbs (tsb) codes I got from a suggestion on this forum and you know what the dealer tells me? They don't belong to my car the tsb is for a 2013. Are you kidding?? It says what we have been telling the dealer all along, there is a ground wire not connected well or another wiring issue. So here it is, because I can't recreate these intermittent problems and the dealer is claiming they can't fix anything I am stuck with a car that does not do what it should, my definition of a lemon. By the way last year I did file a complaint with GM and the service manager basically said I had to live with the xm radio the way it is and here are free minutes and free onstar for 3 months only if u give us a good survey and we still can't fix your radio. Yeah that really did happen, and guess what? They got their survey because I didn't want to piss them off but I never got my stuff until yesterday, 8 months later. Yesterday I told them to keep the car. I didn't want it anymore. I'm waiting to hear back from them. Any suggestions?
Tddybearchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:20 PM   #2
Mike_G

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
have you tried just checking the ground connection at the battery iand in the engine compartment to make sure they are secure?

Sucks you are jhaving all these issues.

Use to have
2010 Camaro SS - ECS SC 1500, Kooks LTH + HFC, Corsa, CTS-V brakes, Detroit Speed Coilovers, BMR sways (FE4 conversion), DSE endlinks, BMR toe rods and trailing arms, Forgestar F14's
Mike_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:38 PM   #3
JayWS6

Drives: 2015 CRT 2SS RS Convertible
+1 For checking the grounds. After a week of having mine, I had an issue where the power steering would shut off while I was driving sometimes. Dealer initially couldn't find a problem after bringing it in twice. Then shortly after, I was trying to start the car at lunch one day and not only would it not turn over, I got all sorts of error messages. power steering, ABS, and a bunch more. This obviously lead them to check the general electrical and the problem for everything was that "The main ground was loose." Tightening that fixed everything.
JayWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:56 PM   #4
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Was your car on a battery tender during storage? If not, I would suspect low battery voltage.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical short, xm radio