Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:47 AM   #76
stoopid

Drives: Modless 2014 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRF8 View Post
Law enforcement won't get involved it's a civil issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it were between the buyer and the OP then yes, but when someone takes something from you without your consent then it become theft (felony).
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #77
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Unless it's in the "contract" that they're able to do that. To which, they have high-powered lawyers to ensure that happens. I find this perplexing. Paypal needed to ensure buyers were protected from a-hole sellers peddling crap and ripping people off, but I think are overboard with unreasonable actions treating every case like a major crime against the buyer. Pretty sad that as a seller, you're paying them fees to protect the buyer and hold you hostage if the buyer goes stupid and wants to hose you for no good reason.

Ebay has been flooding my email inbox for MONTHS now trying to get me to come back and sell crap. I used to buy/sell all the time on there, with 100% positive feedback since 1997. But no longer. After jacking the fees, and ONLY allowing payment through paypal (don't know if they ever changed that or not, but I don't really care) then you lose all leverage as a seller. Did I already mention they're always jacking up the fees? They probably did again while I was typing this.

In fact, I'm dismissing Paypal as an accepted payment method altogether. It's a bit more of a hassle, but Postal Money Order is all I'm going to do now. And it still protects against loss of the money in transit, but doesn't hold you hostage if someone dumbs up and decides to try and screw you out of your goods AND money.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=139490  3951
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:09 PM   #78
Knockoutpie

Drives: 1LT RS Coupe
Well, i'm unable to close my paypal account because of the pending chargeback. So I did the next best thing. I took all my money from chase, and transfered to another bank. Closed the Chase cards and accounts so there's no possible way they can do anything now. I'm never going to sell on eBay again. Nor will I ever use Paypal.

So ya, closed my accounts and transfered a pretty large sum to another bank :]. Nothing paypal can do now.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #79
el-guapin
Trust No One!

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
Well, i'm unable to close my paypal account because of the pending chargeback. So I did the next best thing. I took all my money from chase, and transfered to another bank. Closed the Chase cards and accounts so there's no possible way they can do anything now. I'm never going to sell on eBay again. Nor will I ever use Paypal.

So ya, closed my accounts and transfered a pretty large sum to another bank :]. Nothing paypal can do now.
Good move!!
Old 11-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #80
stoopid

Drives: Modless 2014 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
Literally nothing, since they have no legal footing to actually come after you at this point. Let the buyer's credit card company break them the bad news, for a second time. "No Refunds/Returns". Got it?
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #81
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: 2011 Black/Black 2SS LS3
I sold several guitars and car parts on ebay over time and I am no longer a user of that service. The last guitar I listed sold for $1200, of which I got $900 after the combined paypal and ebay fees for the transaction came in over $200. Ridiculous.

A buddy of mine sells used/junk computer parts on ebay (or did, until recently) and frequently was a victim of scammers threatening bad feedback unless he gave them a partial refund. Ebay has gone so far overboard on their buyer protection that sellers get screwed.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3/M6 | SLP LMII Axle-Back Exhaust | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | GM Dovetail Spoiler | GM Heritage Grille (still in a box - to be installed) | SLP Hockey Stick Stripes (White) | SLP Rear Panel Blackout/Retro SS Emblems | Oracle Concept Side Markers | Phastek Sequential Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics LED DRLs
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote