Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-03-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
USB/Multimedia issue with ipod

ok my cars radio is all screwed up when it comes to the radio, usb and/or ipod. some times the ipod/usb disconnects itself and i have to unplug it and plug it back in. or sometimes when changing songs it will change songs but the previous song stays on the screen, or when im looking through my ipod info its all screwy...like if im looking through my different playlist titles it will have 2 playlist names and then a list of songs, or when looking at song titles it will show different artist name and not songs...basically not showing what its supposed to...and for a lil while when i changed songs it would make a sound as if a cd was in there skipping then go to the next song, and also it wouldnt connect with my ipod for a few days even when unplugging it and plugging it back in it still didnt work. i have an ipod touch that i bought about 6 months ago so its new. before that i was using the thumbstick flash memory and the same shit happened...

i heard about this update but i took it to my dealer and they said they updated it but its still doing it...im getting mad and about to tell them to replace my whole radio/multimedia unit!

what should i do? is the latest version CE? should i go there and tell them thats what i want? are they gonna know what im talking about? sometimes it seems i know more about the car then they do because of this website......
Old 09-04-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
SSWAGGER2010

Drives: Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS
YOU ARE NOT ALONE...MINE DOES THE EXACT SAME $h!t...
SSWAGGER2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:39 AM   #3
justin2fast4u

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
mine does the same thing too but i have an older ipod, sometimes it works fine but then sometimes it does that stupid crap like disconnect and change songs without changing on the screen

would this be a warranty issue u think?
justin2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
NightmareSS

it is a warranty issue for sure...im just pissed cause my dealer cant figure out how to fix it...i think i remember tag talking about this a while ago but i never bother with mine cuz my car was my weekend driver...put only 1200 miles on it in a year but been using it everyday for school passed 3 months and now it pisses me off and i want it fixed. im pretty sure there is an upgraded/update or something but like usual i have to search it on camaro5 and take my dealer by the hand and lead them to the answer.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:41 AM   #5
qhris

Drives: 2013 White 2SS 1LE
My dealer replace it with a similar problem. Now I only get the random static and popping that sounds like a rock hit the car.
qhris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:41 PM   #6
NightmareSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by qhris View Post
My dealer replace it with a similar problem. Now I only get the random static and popping that sounds like a rock hit the car.
he replaced the whole radio? shiit i would bring it back again...i pay too much a month for this car for it to not be perfect...its not like its an old car...1 year old/3600 miles...unacceptable!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:46 AM   #7
Mankind
Whats a Millwright?

Drives: 2LT/RS SIM, 05 Wht Denali
I had this exact same issue. I brought it in and had them check it. The Radio Interface Module had to be replaced. Took a cpl days to come in and i was back to normal.
Mankind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
NightmareSS

radio interface module eh? imma have to call them and tell them this...thx man
Old 09-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #9
Not His

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro, IBM/LT1/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
radio interface module eh? imma have to call them and tell them this...thx man
Please post how it works after you get this replaced. One of the reasons I came to this forum was for this very reason. I found out how to get my stereo to recognize my iPhone after the iPhone has an update, but ever since I got the car in June, I've had this same issue as you, and an iPhone update doesn't make it go away.

One thing that happens with me is that when I select "Playlists" from the menu, several lines are blank, then there will be a play list, then more blank lines. I have to guess at the play lists to hear what I want to hear. Then, like you, I get the song titles that show up in the Playlists menu, or Playlists show up in the "Artists" menu.

So frustrating, and I agree, I'm paying too much for this car to not be perfect!
Not His is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #10
Bob
coffeemanbob

Drives: 4Malibus,Z28.....back when!
Cool Same for over a year!

I have the latest CE but its screwed up..........only issue with car and its the blankin USB port!
Old 09-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #11
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
I think I speak for most of us when I say we all have similiar issues. I have the issue pretty much almost once a day, where I go to start the car and "Indexing" comes up and then I can't listen to my ipod for the rest of the day. Its annoying, it works when it wants to work. This is the only issue I have with the car, everything else is perfect. I'm a BIG music fan and not being able to hear the music I want to on the morning on my way to work is a downer, honestly.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:25 PM   #12
Mankind
Whats a Millwright?

Drives: 2LT/RS SIM, 05 Wht Denali
I didnt ask if it was an upgraded model or what but i do know that mine now works with my iPhone, Zune, and a USB flash drive again. If yours isnt working i suggest you go see your dealer.
Mankind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #13
NightmareSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not His View Post
Please post how it works after you get this replaced. One of the reasons I came to this forum was for this very reason. I found out how to get my stereo to recognize my iPhone after the iPhone has an update, but ever since I got the car in June, I've had this same issue as you, and an iPhone update doesn't make it go away.

One thing that happens with me is that when I select "Playlists" from the menu, several lines are blank, then there will be a play list, then more blank lines. I have to guess at the play lists to hear what I want to hear. Then, like you, I get the song titles that show up in the Playlists menu, or Playlists show up in the "Artists" menu.

So frustrating, and I agree, I'm paying too much for this car to not be perfect!
same shit with me too with the blank lines...having to guess the order in which they are and hope u get the right playlist...im curious if this is an issue with the early build camaros...cuz if they gotta replace my whole radio then they are gonna have to do it
Old 09-09-2010, 09:55 PM   #14
NightmareSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankind View Post
I didnt ask if it was an upgraded model or what but i do know that mine now works with my iPhone, Zune, and a USB flash drive again. If yours isnt working i suggest you go see your dealer.
i brought it to my dealer and they updated some shit and told me to see if it works...i left the car there over night and when i picked it up i checked it and it didnt work and i didnt see anything other then them fixing the bolt on my spoiler that came loose on my reciept so i went back in and told them i wanted the radio issue fixed too...they told me they would update it while i went and got lunch and came back and soon as i got in it wasnt working! i spent enough of my day at the dealership and just wanted to go home so i just left...figured id come on here and see whats up