Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
Scosche Troubles

Alright, for those who read my post a few days ago, my car door locks wouldn't work. Solution? I took it to the dealer.
Today they called me and told me all the codes were coming from my aftermarke radio kit AKA the scosche kit. I checked all the wires and everything is connected fine, but it still won't work. I contacted them and they told me they could replace the buttons for me but I highly doubt a piece of plastic will remove all these codes. Should I try and get a whole new unit to replace this faulty one, or just give up and plop in the factory radio :( Please HELP!

DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
From the looks of the readout, there is a wiring problem in the door lock circuit. I dont have that kit (i have metra, which has its issues too) but im sure it controls the door locks. There is a short to ground in the door lock circuit. This means that the door lock circuit is "grounding" out somewhere to the chassis of the car. Perhaps a pinched or nicked wire somewhere touching a metal part of the chassis directly somewhere. Or there really could be a problem in the actual kit somewhere. Id look for pinched, nicked, loose wiring somewhere. If you could find out which wire is to the lock circuit, maybe you could test/isolate where it is with a continuity tester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Update.. I put the factory radio in and everything and It still doesn't work. I am going to take it back to the dealer tomorrow for them to look at it. Window is not going up (passanger window) and the lock/unlock button is broken.

When car has been sitting for awhile then the window will work but after 10-20 seconds will automatically go back down. Help.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFisch View Post
Update.. I put the factory radio in and everything and It still doesn't work. I am going to take it back to the dealer tomorrow for them to look at it. Window is not going up (passanger window) and the lock/unlock button is broken.

When car has been sitting for awhile then the window will work but after 10-20 seconds will automatically go back down. Help.
Oh my,

Very sorry to hear about the repeated concerns with your Camaro. I'm happy to hear of the plans to see the dealer and would like updates on how the visit goes. Let me know if additional assistance is needed due to the fact that we want to ensure your vehicle is operating as designed.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Oh my,

Very sorry to hear about the repeated concerns with your Camaro. I'm happy to hear of the plans to see the dealer and would like updates on how the visit goes. Let me know if additional assistance is needed due to the fact that we want to ensure your vehicle is operating as designed.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks Will, I'll let you know
Old 10-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFisch View Post
Thanks Will, I'll let you know
No problem,