Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:30 PM   #57
JWild

Drives: 2010 black on black SS
anymore catback ATAK's for the SS in stock? How long is the discount running for? I might have to buy an international plane ticket in the next 2 weeks and those aren't cheap... If not I know what I'm getting.
JWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:08 AM   #58
southerncarparts

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWild View Post
anymore catback ATAK's for the SS in stock? How long is the discount running for? I might have to buy an international plane ticket in the next 2 weeks and those aren't cheap... If not I know what I'm getting.
We have a number of the Camaro ATAK CatBacks in stock at the moment.

Come on, you don't need to fly anywhere! Buy an exhaust instead!

-Matt
southerncarparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #59
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
I see you didnt list the (with out Ground Effects) catback package. It is running at a very low price also. I just ordered mine from you and It should be out the door on its way to me today!

Thanks SCP
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:25 AM   #60
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
I see you didnt list the (with out Ground Effects) catback package. It is running at a very low price also. I just ordered mine from you and It should be out the door on its way to me today!

Thanks SCP
Oh, wow, didn't realize I missed that one! Thanks for the heads up! Yeah, that was the first one we offered, and we've done everything we can to keep that system the most competitively priced of all! Glad you found it, and thanks for the order! Let us know what you think of it once you've got it!
Thanks,
Matt
Old 11-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #61
chazysoccer11

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
Hey, my borla atak just got here last night and I put it on as soon as I got it. Sounds really good and I like it so far. Thanks for the borla hat too!!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:49 AM   #62
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazysoccer11 View Post
Hey, my borla atak just got here last night and I put it on as soon as I got it. Sounds really good and I like it so far. Thanks for the borla hat too!!
Glad you like it! I love the sound of the ATAK, it's such a clean and aggressive system! As for the hat, you're welcome!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 11-27-2010, 10:20 PM   #63
hvychvy970

Drives: Black 2011 2SSRS owner
SouthernCarParts...Does Borla offer muffler only w/o tubing. I am wanting to put 5 inch tips on so I have no need for Borla tips and could have my muffler shop use tubing.
hvychvy970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #64
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvychvy970 View Post
SouthernCarParts...Does Borla offer muffler only w/o tubing. I am wanting to put 5 inch tips on so I have no need for Borla tips and could have my muffler shop use tubing.
The kits for the GFX kit don't have tips, and the axle-back configuration is pretty much just the mufflers, but it would obviously require some extra tubing to make it fit up properly, of course. If you're planning on doing custom tubing, that might be the best way to go, as it is the most basic package we have available.
Thanks,
Matt
Old 12-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #65
southerncarparts

We still have some stock on these exhausts. If you order today, and your system is in stock, we can still have it to you in time for Christmas! Be sure to call up to ensure that we can get you the system you want in the time you need it by!
Thanks,
Matt
Old 02-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #66
southerncarparts

We have all the Camaro Borla Systems in stock and ready to ship....

Click on any of the links in the writeup below for ordering and to see pricing....Best prices anywhere for Camaro5 members!

The Borla Exhaust have been HUGE sellers...Since they are so popular and I get the same questions, I wanted to share some thoughts before you make a decision on which one to go with...

There are several flavors for the Camaro now.....
In the ATAK Series you have the
Camaro ATAK CatBack Exhaust System

Camaro Axleback ATAK Exhaust
Camaro ATAK Catback Exhaust for Camaros with Ground Effects Package
Camaro ATAK Axleback Exhaust for Camaros with Ground Effects Package

Then you have the Borla Camaro Catback Touring System (which does not sound much different than stock. For the person who wants the increased performance with no additional change in exhaust note)

and then in the Borla Sport lineup (which is my favorite)...
Camaro Borla Sport Catback
Camaro Borla Sport Axleback Exhaust

and the only 3" Borla system (OEM system and the other above systems are 2.5")
Borla 3" Camaro Sport Catback Exhaust If you get the 3" system, you will also want to get a new Camaro Billet Tunnel Brace as the 3" system will most likely touch your OEM tunnel Plate and rattle, which will drive you nuts!!!

Some thoughts before purchasing any of them.....

All of the Axle back systems require cutting them OEM system (which i am not a fan of, just in case you ever want to go back to stock). There is also one more "dirty"secret about the Axel backs which needs to be known....When you install the Axle back it leaves in place the OEM Pre Muffler that is up towards the middle of the car. Not a big deal, but it DOES change the exhaust note slightly as compared to the Catback systems and does not make the system a true dual exhaust as the Catback does.

Both Axle Back and Catback systems are great systems and make a huge improvement in sound, but if you can afford to spring for the extra cash, do it right and get the Catback.

From a sound perspective, you have the touring which sounds not much different than stock. Then the Sport (my favorite) which bumps it up a notch from the sound perspective, but not too much. At the ATAK which is the most aggressive sounding of them all and is one of the more popular systems.

All of Borla's systems are awesome, but thought prospective shoppers would want to know the down and dirty on each one...

Thanks,

Jim
Old 02-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #67
JB22

Drives: 2010 ABM # 2180 2SS M6
Whats the major difference between the catback and axle back versions?

does it change Sound or Performance or both?

Im basically looking for a more agressive sound. I dont need to spend an extra 500+ for 5HP

let me konw
JB22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #68
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB22 View Post
Whats the major difference between the catback and axle back versions?

does it change Sound or Performance or both?

Im basically looking for a more agressive sound. I dont need to spend an extra 500+ for 5HP

let me konw
The difference between an axle-back and a cat-back is pretty significant in both Sound and Performance. Axle-Backs offer a more aggressive tone, but it's not a huge jump from stock. You will definitely be able to hear it, but for the full tonal and tone volume benefit, a cat-back will offer a good deal more. Also, the cat-backs come with X-Pipes, which not only helps to increase the volume, but it also evens out the sound and makes it more complete and full all the way through the RPM range. The Borla X-Pipe also allows for the vehicle to breath much better through the exhaust, and as such provides enhanced performance benefits, of about 5-7HP when moving from Axle-Back to Cat-Back.

Hope this helps with your ordering decision!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 02-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #69
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
whats the difference with the ground effects one? i dont have the gfx now but i plan on getting it within the next 2 years...if i order the non gfx atak would it just be a simple tip swap when i get the gfx?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #70
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
whats the difference with the ground effects one? i dont have the gfx now but i plan on getting it within the next 2 years...if i order the non gfx atak would it just be a simple tip swap when i get the gfx?
The GFX system does not include tips, as the stock GFX package will not fit other tips. The pipes come through the muffler and exit on the GFX package without the tips through the stock GFX. If you're planning on installing an aftermarket Ground Effects package, I'd recommend going with the non-GFX system, as most every rear diffuser available will fit exhaust tips (just not the GM one...). If you want to go with the GM specific GFX package, I'd either order the system with tips now, so that you're not driving around without exhaust tips, or wait until you have the GFX package installed and order the GFX exhaust. The Borla system, ultimately, functions just as the stock exhaust does for the GFX package, and utilizes those GFX built-in square-style exit tips in the GFX diffuser.

Thanks,
Matt