Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-24-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
navyflyer72

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd, BLK/CYB GRY
POR-15 for brake calipers?

Has anyone used a POR-15 product to paint their brake calipers? If so what results have you had and what product did you use. I have read that their older products were not very tolerant of UV from the sun and that the color would fade and yellow?

I would like to paint my calipers with POR-15 Silver or a dark grey color and paint the BAER in Red. I'd get them powdercoated, but money is tight and I promised my wife I wouldn't spend any money on mods... oh well
Old 06-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyflyer72 View Post
Has anyone used a POR-15 product to paint their brake calipers? If so what results have you had and what product did you use. I have read that their older products were not very tolerant of UV from the sun and that the color would fade and yellow?

I would like to paint my calipers with POR-15 Silver or a dark grey color and paint the BAER in Red. I'd get them powdercoated, but money is tight and I promised my wife I wouldn't spend any money on mods... oh well

Now being a Navy Guy you should have known you werent going to be able to keep that promise. Now your wife is gonna hold that over your head.....LOL

If it didnt hold up well to UV then it probably isnt gonna be any better today.

Last edited by live2well; 06-24-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: to answer the OPs question
live2well is offline   Reply With Quote